Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Firefly: The Verse (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firefly: The Verse (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted
So here is what we know so far link Here

quote:
'FIREFLY: THE VERSE TRADING CARDS'
From Upper Deck in September

The Upper Deck Company, in conjunction with 20th Century Fox Licensing, has announced the September release of Firefly: The Verse Trading Cards.

The set consists of a 180-card base set featuring original art based on the TV series that will be sold in 7-card packs with 5-6 base cards in each pack. Chase cards include “actor autograph” cards, 1 of 1 artist sketch cards, cards replicating iconic badges from the series, authentic 1 of 1 press plate cards, and subsets featuring the ships, characters, locations and weapons used in the series.

Autograph Card
The Firefly: Verse Trading Cards will come with twenty 7-card packs in every box and 12 boxes per case. Upper Deck is producing three different parallels of the base set with foil, canvas stock, and autographed versions of every card for hardcore collectors to chase. Upper Deck has set a June 26 order cut-off date for the Firefly: Verse Trading Cards, which will ship to retail in September.

Despite the fact that Joss Whedon’s Firefly TV series lasted just 1 season (14 episodes), it has developed a true cult following and remains a potent licensing property particularly in the comics and games category

Seems like it is going to be a tough/expensive set to make a complete master set out of.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Juelle Lou

Don't Worry, I may have seen a few images here or there...it's all SHINY.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw info on the set posted on another site today. There will be autographs in addition to the sketch cards. The set is officially called Firefly the Verse.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the autograph mock-ups:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'm not digging the Fillion auto card. I hope that design changes before release.

Makes no sense to have them sign opposite of the direction you hold the card.

Same elements could easily go into a card in portrait format and look very nice.

180 Card Base Set
4 levels of parallels including Autograph and Plates.

Can't wait to see all the details. Hopefully we have a little more info to base orders on.

And, expect the boxes to run over $100. Unless I was told wrong, this one is going to be pretty expensive to complete.

Still can't wait.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
the Jayne Auto Card IS by TIM SHAY, I'd stake my Life on it..... I have had a buch of cards by him.... couldn't be anyone else!

Tim, My GEEK CRED is on the Line here.....

chime in if it's you.........

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
the Jayne Auto Card IS by TIM SHAY, I'd stake my Life on it..... I have had a buch of cards by him.... couldn't be anyone else!

Tim, My GEEK CRED is on the Line here.....

chime in if it's you.........

Damn that's a purdy card!
Let me just say, I am really looking forward to this release and am anxiously awaiting more details to be put out by Upper Deck.
*chime
https://www.facebook.com/12981...6280/?type=1&theater

Posts: 25 | Location: California | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I like the look of the Jayne sketch auto, very nice, but also a bit unsure how I feel about the Fillion auto design.

quote:

Thanks for the link Mr. Shay!

I've never bought or followed any Upper Deck products, if they are starting to release info now does that mean the release is imminent or still a ways off?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I like the look of the Jayne sketch auto, very nice, but also a bit unsure how I feel about the Fillion auto design.

quote:

Thanks for the link Mr. Shay!

I've never bought or followed any Upper Deck products, if they are starting to release info now does that mean the release is imminent or still a ways off?

The info listed on icv2 and other sites indicate September as an ETA.
http://icv2.com/articles/news/...-verse-trading-cards

Posts: 25 | Location: California | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shay:
The info listed on icv2 and other sites indicate September as an ETA.
http://icv2.com/articles/news/...-verse-trading-cards

Thank you. Smile

So when it says
quote:
Upper Deck is producing three different parallels of the base set with foil, canvas stock, and autographed versions of every card for hardcore collectors to chase

does that mean every design of card is going to have an autographed version? that seems a bit excessive.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Release date is just "September" right now.

Orders due June 22nd, but like all popular titles, earlier might be better.

Yes, it would seem there is a 180 card autographed parallel set. And yes, that IS excessive. But, I'm guessing it will be the artist signing the card since it is an ALL ART set. I just hope UD has some if not all the autos ON CARD, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Basic info:
quote:
FIREFLY: THE VERSE TRADING CARDS PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
• Collect the180-card base set featuring Original Art based upon the series! Five to Six (5-6) base cards in each Hobby Pack!
• Look for Autographs of the Actors within the Firefly series!
• Look for cards containing replicated iconic patches from the Firefly series!
• 1-of-1 Artist Sketch Cards featuring original art interpretations of Firefly!
• Collect the three (3) different Parallels of the base set. Parallels come in foil, canvas stock and autographed versions.
• Look for Subset cards featuring the characters, ships, locations and weapons within The Verse!
• Looks for Authentic 1-of-1 Press Plate cards!

UD does not do "Suggested Pricing", but I'm guessing that these will be about $100 a box, give or take.

Should be interesting.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Pretty well looks like a lot of Different Styles of Autos..... If the Jayne is by Shay...maybe he did some others......

Plus other Top Men are working on it.....
TOP MEN.....

& Top Women....

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New Firefly set: YES!
Upper Deck: NO!

Oh well, another set we'll never see in the UK Frown

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I loved the Inkworks Serenity set, there's never a box breakdown you could be unhappy with for that set, but I got onto it pretty late and only managed the two boxes at a reasonable price. The autograph images were unfortunately dark too. I'm looking forward to this - if I ever pick a UD box up - the sample cards seem nice so far Big Grin

I never got round to picking up a Wash autograph either, so hope he (and the rest of the crew) sign again.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So I love this title, but if the only premium hit guaranteed is a sketch, it is not for me at that price. UD includes autographs, but they are short printed and not in every box. Fine for those lucky enough to pull one, but not fine for those who don't. Manufactured patches and pins are not a premium hit to me, not a relic, and a press plate is just an extra.

By the way, is this the first product that has cut the standard 24 packs per box down to 20 packs per box? I know that the pack contains 7 cards, rather than 5 cards. The larger base set will require multiple boxes anyway, but I was wondering about the pack count decreasing.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
By the way, is this the first product that has cut the standard 24 packs per box down to 20 packs per box? I know that the pack contains 7 cards, rather than 5 cards. The larger base set will require multiple boxes anyway, but I was wondering about the pack count decreasing.

Not the first, no. Avengers: Age of Ultron will have 20 packs. Guardians of the Galaxy only had 10.

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Metal

GEEK CRED SAVED!!!!!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dang, an all artwork set? That sounds cool.

Posts: 1 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: October 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

CHECK OUT THE SKETCH CARD IN THE TOP CORNER.......

posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to it
Deborah Abbott

Posts: 10 | Location: USA | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post