Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Art of Robert Aragon
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Art of Robert Aragon
 Login/Join

Picture of TZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
I'm not sure if there's been an announcement here or not, I'd hate to think some fans of the classic film genre may miss the chance to meet/great with some of these marvelous people, so I decided to chime in with a note. Seems there is a gathering of some friends in celebration of the trading card set release.

At Frank and Sons in the L.A. area on Oct 19th between 1-5, we'll be there signing and photos.
We'll have Julie Adams( The Creature from the Black Lagoon), Bela Lugosi Jr, Ron Chaney, Janet Ann Gallow( The Ghost of Franksntein), Carla Laemmle (Dracula), Sara Karloff, Bob & Kathy Burns, Joyce Meadows (The Brain from Planet Arous), Writer George Clayton Johnson (Twilight Zone, Logan's Run, Star Trek) and MOST rare of all, Actress Caren Marsh-Doll (Judy Garland Stand-in for 1939 The Wizard of Oz).

For more details check out the site. They should have something up on their events schedule.

http://www.frankandsonshow.net/

Thanks and Hugs, from Rob aka Robert

Wow indeed! I'm there for sure! Wow!

Posts: 13 | Location: over 1000 | Registered: July 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TZ
posted Hide Post
I just received my Wizard of OZ 3d Bluray and I just noticed that Caren Marsh will be at the signing and she was Garland's Stand in for OZ....I think she may be asked to sign my Blu Ray cover. I'm stoked.
I don't think she does alot of shows. If the film was 75 years ago, she must be in her 90s. Amazing.

Posts: 13 | Location: over 1000 | Registered: July 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi TZ,
You are correct about Caren, she is 94 years young. Amazing lady and life. She was a dancer at MGM and worked in all the Judy Garland/Mickey Ronnery classics, as well as on GONE WITH THE WIND/The WIZARD OF OZ and so much more.
Here's a flyer for the event at Frank & Sons. There is a picture of Caren from 1940, a couple years after working on prod 1060 (the Wizard of Oz). Side note, there are ONLY 3 people left who worked on Oz.
[URL=[url=http://i.picoodle.com/0b9jrh4s] [/url

Posts: 46 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Boy and Girls,
I wanted to update the list a bit for the upcoming event at Frank & Sons. I've just confirmed with my dear friend Coleen Grey. For those who may not be familiar with her classic 40s and 50s work, she worked with john Wayne in the classic RED RIVER, Tyrone Power in NIGHTMARE ALLEY a classic of the film noir genre. But to me, my favorite film of hers has to be THE LEECH WOMAN from the 50s. Shes an amazing artist herself and she'll be with me at the event. Here's my favorite picture of Coleen.
Thanks, yrs, Rob
[URL= Uploaded at Picoodle.com]URL]

Posts: 46 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Product live today very nice

tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Product live today very nice

tom

Really looking forward to this! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted to inform all the fans of the classic horror film trading cards that we have lost one of the most loyal, loving and selfless spirits I have ever known, Jane Adams.
She loved her role as Nina in The House of Dracula and was a talented painter herself.
She had a childlike excitement about art and nature.
I've created a video in memory of my sweet Betty Jane.
Please enjoy and share.
I am a better person for having her in my life all these many years.

Love you, hun!
as always,
your protégé,
Robert

Link to the video below

video

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Monstoys,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Aww, very sad to hear. Frown Her Nina character was one of my favorite supporting roles. So few original actors left from those classic films!

Thanks for sharing your video, Rob - it was a nice tribute. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
A touching tribute, Robert.
If she inspired the same music in your heart that Debussy inspires, then she must have been a lovely person indeed.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Deb and Mike....
she was very special indeed.
She adored her role as Nina and as for her role in THE BRUTE MAN, she was protective of her co-star Rondo Hatton while filming.
She felt the studio exploited him (which it did) and she always held a special place for him. Even in later years, She always spoke with such love and respect, which she felt he never received.
Rob

posted Hide Post
Kids, We've just lost another gem...my dear friend, Carla Laemmle.
Regardless of how long she lived, it's heartbreaking to say goodbye to such an amazing artist.
Here is a beautiful write up....
http://nukethefridge.com/2014/...la-laemmle-dies-104/

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh no!! Very sad news, indeed. Frown

I was very happy that I got the chance to meet her two years ago at Monsterpalooza. Amazed that she was still able to put in those long days, meeting the fans. I had her sign a 8x10 photo depicting her in the opening scene of Dracula. It's one of my favorite autographs in my collection.

RIP Carla. Angel

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
A long and no doubt interesting life.
Not for nothin' Rob, but I hope we don't see any more tributes from you for a long time.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post