Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Art of Robert Aragon
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Art of Robert Aragon
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Have sent an email, hope i'm not too late Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I received the card today. Thank You Robert. Clap Smile

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
These look terrific, Robert.
Thanks so much.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to Robert.

I received my cards today and they are wonderful.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Just got my promos from Rob, they look great and if the set is the same it is going to be a good one. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also received the cards, they look great. Thanks!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got my cards today and as everyone else has said they are very good.Robert very kindly signed the promos and also included the holofoil P1 that is the other half of the puzzle that P3 makes Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
My signed promo set arrived today too. Lovely looking cards and the Vincent Price card is a stunner. Another new set to get excited about. Thanks Robert.

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Received my promos today, and I agree with everyone that these cards look great! It sounds like it's going to be a great set, I'm looking forward it's release.

Thanks Robert!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeff
posted Hide Post
I recieved these cards today and they are awesome, deefinately looking forward to the set
Jeff

Posts: 92 | Location: FORT PIERCE FLORIDA | Registered: April 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I got my foil autographed card today, and the other 4 last week. They look fantastic and can't wait to see the entire set.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You're welcome, Rob.

Speaking of beautiful work, any updates on when your set will be released?

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Morning Debi,
Updates on my set?
The blanks are being sent to artists next week. Autograph cards have all been signed by celebrities. I've also secured a prop from 1923's HUNCHBACK of NOTRE DAME, trying to work on the prop card idea. Also, I'm in the process of creating 15 new images exclusive for the set. I know the release date will be late spring OR comic con 2013.
Lucky to have some great sketch cards artists on the project, Randy Martinez, Don Pedicini, Brian Miller, Nick Neocleous, Rich Molinelli, Bryan Tillman, Brian Kong, Carolyn Edwards and more.
I think that's about all the new info I have.
Thanks for asking Debi!
blessings, yrs, Rob

www.AragonArtStudio.com
www.RobertAragon.com

Posts: 46 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sounds fantastic, Rob! Great artist line up and holy cow, a Hunchback prop?!! I can't wait to see what you do with it. Eek

Looking forward to all the autographs, too. And of course, the artwork. Smile

Thanks for the update!

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TZ
posted Hide Post
WOW, how come I never heard of these promo cards?
wow...I just found this. Where can I find these promos? Did the artist send them to fans? I'm late in the loop here.
oh, btw Is this set out yet? Any reviews?
Thanks,
Terry

Posts: 13 | Location: over 1000 | Registered: July 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got my foil autographed card today, and the other 4 last week. They look fantastic and can't wait to see the entire set.

Is there a foil promo card? I'm confused...
any help?

Posts: 13 | Location: over 1000 | Registered: July 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TZ:
quote:

Is there a foil promo card? I'm confused...
any help?

There was a promo card released prior to the set of four (one half of Lugosi's Dracula, I believe.) I'm not sure if it's foil or not, as I don't actually have that first one. Rob did kindly offer to send the four promo cards out to fans who asked for them. They are beautiful cards. I've also seen some of the uncut sheets, and they are as stunning as the promos. This is going to be a great set! Smile

Last I heard, the set is scheduled to be released in September. You can order them directly from MNS Cards or pre-order them from Solarfly. I have an "ultimate mini-master" set, plus boxes, on order there. I'm sure there are other dealers/distributors carrying the title but you'd have to contact Mark at MNS to find out who/where.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TZ
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Debi!
I'm searching on ebay for that foil card. Now, that I have an idea of what I'm searching for.
I love the promo card art. I'm definately going to get this set. There seems to be a prop card with wiring from the 1931 Frankenstein set in this set as well. Very, Very cool! I'm all over that!
Terry

posted Hide Post
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
I'm not sure if there's been an announcement here or not, I'd hate to think some fans of the classic film genre may miss the chance to meet/great with some of these marvelous people, so I decided to chime in with a note. Seems there is a gathering of some friends in celebration of the trading card set release.

At Frank and Sons in the L.A. area on Oct 19th between 1-5, we'll be there signing and photos.
We'll have Julie Adams( The Creature from the Black Lagoon), Bela Lugosi Jr, Ron Chaney, Janet Ann Gallow( The Ghost of Franksntein), Carla Laemmle (Dracula), Sara Karloff, Bob & Kathy Burns, Joyce Meadows (The Brain from Planet Arous), Writer George Clayton Johnson (Twilight Zone, Logan's Run, Star Trek) and MOST rare of all, Actress Caren Marsh-Doll (Judy Garland Stand-in for 1939 The Wizard of Oz).

For more details check out the site. They should have something up on their events schedule.

http://www.frankandsonshow.net/

Thanks and Hugs, from Rob aka Robert

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Monstoys,

Posts: 46 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, how fun is this going to be?!! Thanks for the heads-up, Rob!!

Nat, we're going to need to move the Oct. card talk meeting to Sunday that week. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There definitely are at least 6 promos

Dracula P1 foil from a few years back

plus P1-P5 (Dracula is P3 in this set, the other half of his face from the earlier promo)

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post