Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Art of Robert Aragon
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Art of Robert Aragon
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Mark of Mark's Non Sports cards (mns cards) asked me to post this information about his upcoming set.

His next set is his most ambitious set, The Art of Robert Aragon. Right now, he's expecting to include 1 autograph and 1 sketch per box, although that is not set in stone.

Autograph cards include Bela Lugosi jr., Bob Burns, Caren Marsh, Carla Laemmle, Geoge Clayton Johnson, Jane Adams, Jane Ann Gallow, Julie Adams, Kathy Burns, Robert Aragon, Sara Karloff and cut signatures of Vincent Price.

I've seen the promos, and the set features subjects such as Vincent Price, The Phantom of the Opera, Frankenstein, and Bela Lugosi's Dracula.

He doesn't have a firm release date yet, but expects the set to be ready late this year or early next year.

For those attending San Diego Comic Con, he will be giving away promos 1-4 at his booth (Mark's Non Sports Cards booth #5616). Promo 1 is available Thursday, promo 2 on Friday, promo 3 on Saturday, and promo 4 on Sunday.

Here's a link to his website.

mns cards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rl75,

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
double post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rl75,

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This sounds like a fantastic set. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
double post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to hearing more about this set. Robert is a great guy and a terrific artist.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mark's pretty cool too. Big Grin

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello rl75; when you see Mark of Mard's Non-sports cArds tell him his email (mnscards@verizon.com) does'nt work.
I'd don't have funds to make cards shows.
I would like the Promo's from these two sets:
The Art of Robert Aragon & The Monster Art of Mike Sosnowski. I have the promos from the other set.

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry C.:
Hello rl75; when you see Mark of Mard's Non-sports cArds tell him his email (mnscards@verizon.com) does'nt work.
I'd don't have funds to make cards shows.
I would like the Promo's from these two sets:
The Art of Robert Aragon & The Monster Art of Mike Sosnowski. I have the promos from the other set.

His email worked for me this week.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
His email worked for me this week.

Which email did you use? .com (Aragon) was rejected for me too. I am still waiting for a reply to .net (Sosnowski) but it wasn't returned so hopefully it was delivered. I did mention there was an issue with the Aragon email address in my message to mns.

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just checked his business card, and the correct address is mnscards@verizon.net

posted Hide Post
Hi! This is Robert.
If anyone isn't able to get to the con and would like the promo set of 4. I do have some left.
So, just drop me a note and I'll get out to you.
I KNOW what it's like as a card collector and not being able to get to a show.
My email should work on my site
www.aragonartstudio.com
Yrs,
Rob (aragon)

Posts: 46 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monstoys:
Hi! This is Robert.
If anyone isn't able to get to the con and would like the promo set of 4. I do have some left.
So, just drop me a note and I'll get out to you.
I KNOW what it's like as a card collector and not being able to get to a show.
My email should work on my site
www.aragonartstudio.com
Yrs,
Rob (aragon)

Thanks for generous offer. Thumb Up

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the offer Rob, email sent. Wavey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, I was wondering if anyone would like me to sign ANY or ALL of the promos before I mail them, please let me know.
Thanks and they are being shipped today.
Blessings,
always, Robert

Posts: 46 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monstoys:
Oh, I was wondering if anyone would like me to sign ANY or ALL of the promos before I mail them, please let me know.
Thanks and they are being shipped today.
Blessings,
always, Robert

Thanks Robert, You can Sign my set.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As per some requests.
Here are the images for the promo cards.
The Dracula MNS promo can be used to create a full face DRACULA when combined with the an older Promo card of mine. I'll try to upload that dracula card later.
Thanks, yrs, Rob

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Monstoys:
As per some requests.
Here are the images for the promo cards.
The Dracula MNS promo can be used to create a full face DRACULA when combined with the an older Promo card of mine. I'll try to upload that dracula card later.
Thanks, yrs, Rob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: miket999,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received the promo set from Robert the other day (thanks Robert!) and they are stunning! These are beautiful, glossy cards printed on heavy stock and of course, the artwork is outstanding! (particularly the Vinnie Price. Thumb Up)

I am very excited about this upcoming release and will likely pick up several boxes, especially due to the autograph and sketch cards inserts. This looks like it will be a real winner for the classic horror fan! Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert,

My signed set of promos arrived today and they are amazing!

Looking forward to the card set.

Thanks for your generosity,
Bond

Posts: 114 | Location: Kansas | Registered: April 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my promo set today and they are great! Can't wait for the set.
Thanks again Robert.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post