Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Star Trek Movie Set
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Star Trek Movie Set
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Supply and demand will bring the price down in time.Dealers count on collectors wanting the cards as soon as they come out.I'd give it a couple of months and they will be selling at around the $350-$400 mark.

If they drop that much surely that will mean dealers who purchased it Direct from Rittenhouse will be making a large loss even with the dealer discount they get from Rittenhouse?

The margins on profit are not great and dealers can't take big hits like that.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisST:
Is Anyone offering it yet?

I'm curious to see how much there selling it for

I was offered it for around $600 delivered but that is still more than I'm prepared to pay for a couple autographs and a few "BASE" cards. Shake Head

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was offered these at $500, but even at that price my customers have had little interest. I just have no idea what Rittenhouse will do unless maybe they add on an incentive to move them? I don't know of many dealers buying these right now at the current price.

Now the full set I cannot wait for and I will be purchasing quite a bit of.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone offers it for 400-450. Id consider it. I can't go over that.

If anyone know of someone, please let me know

Chris

Posts: 22 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisST:
If anyone offers it for 400-450. Id consider it. I can't go over that.

If anyone know of someone, please let me know

Chris

Chris,
you won't see anyone offer it for that until after release if some dealers over order and get stuck with it. That price is below cost direct from Rittenhouse to authorized dealers.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah I gotcha..Thats a shame haha

Posts: 22 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NonSportCardGuy26:
I was offered these at $500, but even at that price my customers have had little interest. I just have no idea what Rittenhouse will do unless maybe they add on an incentive to move them? I don't know of many dealers buying these right now at the current price.

I just sent you an email.. I'm interested in this set for $500 if you can make it happen, thanks.

Posts: 84 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I'm an old Trekkie, but I'm also a realist...
too rich for my wallet.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NonSportCardGuy26:

Emailed you as well

posted Hide Post
Was able to get my set at $584 shipped, looks like the lowest available now is $650 or so.

Posts: 84 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The price of the Pine auto/costume appears to be around a little over $200 now and the Quinto goes a bit cheaper. Does this mean dealers who purchased the sets from Rittenhouse are really loosing such a large amount on these mini sets?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
The price of the Pine auto/costume appears to be around a little over $200 now and the Quinto goes a bit cheaper. Does this mean dealers who purchased the sets from Rittenhouse are really loosing such a large amount on these mini sets?

Probably depends on how many sets they managed to sell pre-ordered. If say they bought 10 sets knowing they had 8 already pre-sold they might be letting the last couple go at a loss as they have already made their profit.

Looks like I was pretty much spot on with my forecast at the top of the page regarding prices although I have to say even that seems a bit expensive.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Over on the Rittenhouse boards Steve Charendoff just posted that Benedict Cumberbatch, Alice Eve, and Peter Weller have agreed to sign cards for the upcoming Into Darkness set. I can't wait for this release!

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse had on display at the Philly Show six autograph cards for the Into Darkness set: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg, Leonard Nimoy, Alice Eve, and Benedict Cumberbatch. The Cumberbatch card was blank so they mustn't have his signed cards back yet. And Chris Pine's autograph was in thick black marker while the others are in the standard blue. They are the exact same design as the first movie set. Maybe someone will post a pic of them.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Mmm, Alice Eve. I wonder if the pic they used will show her heterochromia (she has one green eye and one blue) and they didn't hide it in the movie, clear as day on the big screen.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Over on the Rittenhouse boards Steve just posted that the new set will be released in February.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not sure this is for this set. But, I saw this posted on Ben Cross' facebook page....

quote:
Spent most of today signing Star Trek trading cards. 500 so far. Only another 300 to go. Will have to complete tomorrow. Don't know if any of my fans ever had to personally sign so many times (travellers checks?) but it ends up like your signature has been forged by an alien on LSD. Like a parrot has thrown up ink all over your photograph and walked through it to add further insult. I don't know who I am any more.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I'd think they give them more then two days to sign Wink Did he procrastinate Wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Couldn't stand her on House, but Jennifer Morrison is listed as a signer for the new Trek set releasing in 2014 according to the Previews solicitation.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the set description from Previews:

"The 100-card base set features detailed scene-by-scene plot synopses and photos for the entirety of Star Trek Into Darkness. Bonus sets include Silver and Gold parallel sets and a 110-card 2009 Star Trek set (with parallels), a 9-card Star Trek Into Darkness fold-out set, a 24-card uniform badge set, a 12-card costume relic set, and autograph cards. Autograph signers include Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jennifer Morrison, Ben Cross, Simon Pegg, and many others!"