Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Star Trek Movie Set
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Star Trek Movie Set
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think any blame, if that is the word you want to use, lies with the collectors. People kept complaining that base sets didn't have enough value. That inserts should be rarer. That we needed more parallels. That the best premiums hits should be more limited.

So now we have expensive preview sets and split season sets and 12 case incentives, along with the regular sets that cannot be completed even by case buyers.

But as long as the product sells out, does that not validate it all? So its up to the buyers to decide what they really want.

It falls under the motto of "Be careful what you ask for". You might not be able to afford it. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
startrek.com has an article on their main page today about this set, including images of some of the cards.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think this set is going to be great...gonna bust 6 cases.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CardFan77
posted Hide Post

Checklist
is online. Have a look Big Grin

Posts: 194 | Location: Leipzig, Germany | Registered: December 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Woah one of the largest sets i've seen! Some greats autos!
good luck to those who get into this one Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link CardFan77! Wink

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Images of the base cards have now been added to the checklist. Looking good Smile

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Images of the costume cards have been added to the checlist.

Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
The Uniform Badge Cards have now been uploaded, and look really good.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The manufactured patch, bin, medal and badge cards are a premium hit that I can't stand. Its not that the cards don't look good, most are quite nice, and they are generally limited.

I just have a problem with the fact that they are not a genuine prop or relic. They are made in whatever quantity the manufacturer wants to make them. Its completely different than using an actual part of a real costume to create a truly limited collectible.

Now with older titles of Star Trek, Star Wars and such, getting this material off original costumes is next to impossible. But it might be possible for the new movies and shows. Just look at the patch cards from Walking Dead or the bowling shirt varients from Dexter for examples of something really worth going after.

The manufactured variety have no cache to me at all. But if you want to find one and you are the first one to open the box they stick out like a sore thumb. Which, come to think of it, is another reason why I don't like them. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Autograph rarities have been posted on the checklist:

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...cklist.cfm?SetID=295

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to pulling the Kelvin Alien and Long Faced Bar Alien in my box.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I would get the two Test Administrator autographs if I was jumping in on this.
However, my money right now is going to Downton Abbey.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Oh there's a lot more than that to jump on. Out of the 32 autographs listed, I have never even heard of 23 of those actors. Of the 9 I know, 5 are extremely limited.

Lots of luck folks. Wink

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Images of autos are up.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I'll get a who's who of who cares out of my one box. Fingers crossed...

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jane, one must stay positive! Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I am looking foreword to getting Richard Arnold's card. I've wanted his card since I heard he'd signed one. He worked closely with Gene Roddenberry and has been kind and gracious to me over the years.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The Chekov(red) Rewards Card is now available on Rittenhouse's site.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I think this will officially be the last Trek set I ever buy from RA. I will continue to buy the Legends sets since I love those, but the main Trek sets have gradually turned into something that I don't want: impossibly large, impossibly expensive, and just not fun to collect anymore. There is no fun in knowing the odds of pulling any decent autograph will be astronomical and they are so hard to pull that prices are through the roof on eBay, and it's no fun knowing the 2009 set is so hard to put together that it would take 3+ cases of cards to build it, and it's no fun to have the inserts I always want to pick up like quotable sets replaced by silver parallel sets. I have a limited budget, and I don't feel like spending years tracking down the 2009 set (which was what I was really interested in for this set, since I collect Trek base sets and have every RA base set other than the premium pack set they did).

RA won't feel the pinch because I doubt the box and binder I buy of each release will matter much to the bottom line, and I will continue to buy other sets from them (looking forward to Game of Thrones 3, and my fingers are crossed that the Buffy set will be closer to the Lost sets in terms of a solid autograph lineup and fun inserts) but I am done with Star Trek. I wish I would have bought a box of Archer instead of Trek movies.

And as a p.s., if anyone wants to trade my Kelvin Doctor and Burly Cadet autograph cards for a Nolan North autograph, drop me a line Smile

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post