Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Gotham - Season 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gotham - Season 2
 Login/Join

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Given that he's been a heavy presence on the convention circuit, he likely developed a "quicker" signature. I know from personal experience that if you have to sign your name a lot, you tend to develop a shortcut when doing so. At my old job, I had to sign my name dozens of times a day on various documents and it got to the point that my signature went from what I would call "normal" to more of a quick scrawl.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is also the design of the card to look at. I don't think his full signature as done in the first card would actually fit in the reduced space of the second card.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well the thing I notice most about his new card is the little bat he drew beneath his name.

I don't know if he did it on just that one card, or some cards, or on all his autograph cards, but if it is a short variant it will add a premium to the ones that have it.

Posts: 10376 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Congratulations to James Frain for not making his signature worse again. I guess he hit rock bottom last time.

When I first saw his signature, before realising whose card it was, I thought it was Tobey Maguire's signature (as seen on his RA Spider-Man cards). I know a "nice" signature is in the eye of the beholder but I think it's safe to say someone has a **** autograph when two people with completely different names have an almost identical signature.

Such poor signatures really aggravate me. Especially when you see how uncommonly nice some of the others are in this set like Darrow, Brill, Lucas, Stink, Lind and Ventimilla. Hell, despite not being perfectly legible even Wong and McManamon give you something fairly interesting to look at.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Having done some investigation, the **** version (yep) isn't new for the second set. He actually did some in the first set that badly too. And I don't believe he does the bat every time either.

quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
Given that he's been a heavy presence on the convention circuit, he likely developed a "quicker" signature. I know from personal experience that if you have to sign your name a lot, you tend to develop a shortcut when doing so. At my old job, I had to sign my name dozens of times a day on various documents and it got to the point that my signature went from what I would call "normal" to more of a quick scrawl.

For sure. But you're not expecting anyone to pay money for your signature.

When you're signing something like this, which is for someone to spend money on, you should take more care. Several signers do, and produce a terrific signature consistently. It's simply a matter of caring, and it's pretty clear some signers don't care at all.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:

For sure. But you're not expecting anyone to pay money for your signature.

When you're signing something like this, which is for someone to spend money on, you should take more care. Several signers do, and produce a terrific signature consistently. It's simply a matter of caring, and it's pretty clear some signers don't care at all.

The company I was working for was paying me for my signature, so yes, I was expecting to get paid for it Wink

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post