Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2019 X-Files Set by Upper Deck
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 X-Files Set by Upper Deck
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Well, in terms of autographs, Upper Deck certainly pulled it out of the bag on this one.

Autos from all the main cast and the vast majority of the prominent secondary villains and allies.
Sure there are some real bit-parters but some good new names that featured prominently in the show that never got autos from inkworks or RA.

All on card (except maybe some plates that may be stickers), the rarest not ridiculously short printed.

Some interesting/odd photo choices and the design isn't as strong as inkworks or RA's (IMO) but they look pretty good and it's neat to have multiple photo choices on the biggest names.

Was thinking of just getting a couple of signles like William B.Davis, Jerry Hardin, and Steven Williams but there is something very tempting about having Mulder, Scully, Skinner, Dogget, Reyes and CSM autos all on the same card design... that has never happened before.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
My local dealer had a buyer buy all three boxes there and he took the hits and left the base and inserts including the stickers! Mike told me that he got 2 printing plates, 1 sketch and the rest were autos (but not any of the big names). It is a nice set. I went to ebay and purchased 6 autos for under 20 bucks. I do have 1-100 (Regular base). I will likely look for lots of 101-300 as well over the year(s) to finish that out.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The chase card odds on this are not that great, from what I can see:

10 Behind the Scene cards (3 per box)
10 Unexplained cards (3 per box)
30 Character cards (about 8 per box)
20 Redacted cards (about 1 per 3 boxes) ***
5 Level 2 cards (about 1 per 33 boxes) ***
100 stickers (4 per box !) ***

PLUS a ton of autos. Frown

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If anyone around here is collecting this line, I'm trying to complete a set of the inscription autographs. I'm down to just three:

David Duchovny - Fox Mulder
Chris Carter - The Truth Is Out There
William B Davis - Cigarette Smoking Man

Please contact me if you have one of these, or know someone who does, and would be willing to trade.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: May 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've really been enjoying this set on ePack.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I finally got my Robert Patrick autograph. I'm happy. Smile

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still trying to pick up a Gillian autograph. . .

Where did you get your Robert Patrick?

Pulled a Mulder auto on ePack last week.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I picked up one lone pack on epack. Not having the actual cards just does not cut it for me. Then on the insert cards having to go to COMC and pay again for them to ship it. But I have noticed a trend of the best autos seem to be easier found on epack.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Double dipping on shipping is annoying. . .

It seems to me that at some point they are going to have to offer a shipping deal to clear out space. . .

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

Where did you get your Robert Patrick?

quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Then on the insert cards having to go to COMC and pay again for them to ship it. But I have noticed a trend of the best autos seem to be easier found on epack.

There was a small rash of them on Ebay between $60 and $80 so I jumped on one of those.

I am assuming it was an epack insert pull as the seller was not COMC but the receipt that came with the card was.

Never really was interested in Gillian but David would be a nice card to get.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

There was a small rash of them on Ebay between $60 and $80 so I jumped on one of those.

I am assuming it was an epack insert pull as the seller was not COMC but the receipt that came with the card was.

Never really was interested in Gillian but David would be a nice card to get.

Nice pick up!

ePack is good for driving the prices down -- the race to the bottom is real.

I have very mixed feelings about it. . . On the one hand it is great for buyers. . .

On the other hand I think a lot of the cards are devalued more and faster than they should be.

I sold 2 cards from epack yesterday -- Mulder and Scully character inserts and I got a total of $.18 for them.

I'm not sure what the actual price should be, but $.18 for the top 2 characters in an insert set seems low. Of course I could have priced them higher, but they never would have sold -- I matched the existing prices. Also the buyers actually paid $.68, which still seems low, but COMC pocketed twice what I did on the transaction.

On the other hand if I had those cards at my house I probably never would have sold them so I guess $.18 is better than nothing. . . I think.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Still a little fuzzy on the "epack" thing. So any digital card can be turned into a real one?

I knew the insert stuff could.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Still a little fuzzy on the "epack" thing. So any digital card can be turned into a real one?

I knew the insert stuff could.

Generally most any card can be turned in to a physical card. With X-Files, for example, if you acquire 10 digital base cards you can 'redeem' them for a physical "black parallel" card. The SPs and SSPs I think can be redeemed with 5 digital copies.

The redemption ratio changes depending on the set.

The redeemed ePack base card is usually (maybe always) different than a base card you'd get out of a physical box of cards.

There are a few exceptions. I know, for example, that some of the 'daily free pack' cards from Goodwin cannot be redeemed for physical cards.