Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Smallville, Fringe, etc. licensed
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smallville, Fringe, etc. licensed
 Login/Join

Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
There are other cast members that I'd like to see sign for the set. John Ross Bowie as Kripke, Melissa Rauch as Bernadette, Kevin Sussman as Stuart and of course... Ian Scott Rudolph as Captain Sweatpants!

Don't forget... "WHEAAAATTOOOONNNNNN!!" Smile

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
HA! I forgot all about WHHil WHHeaton Big Grin
How about a auto of Howard's Mother - no headshot or anything, just auto lol

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Quad auto of the four guys, Kaley Cuoco,Mayim Bialik,Sara Gilbert,Melissa Rauch auto's.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the fantastic guest stars that Big Bang has had e.g. Katee Sackhoff, Walter Koenig, Eliza Dushku, Stan Lee to name a few Thumb Up

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kaley Cuoco was notorious for not signing charmed,a Sara Gilbert would be nice Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Can I beg someone to post the info here when they announce the signers? Twitter and FB are blocked here at work, but at least I can get on Card Talk Big Grin

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Not too familiar with Big Bang and Vampire Diaries but the card design is beautiful for both sets. It really excites me for the opportunity to upgrade my Smallville collection. I love Inkworks as much as the next guy but I have always felt that the Smallville design was a bit uninspired. And if they can get Welling or even Rosenbaum to sign again then I'm in for at least a case.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
I'm very happy that Vampire Diaries and Big Bang are getting card sets and details have now been released regarding the configuration of these sets.

Have to say that I am a little surprised that we are only getting 1 hit per box though.

In the current economic climate and given the competition from other manufacturers for my cash, 1 hit per box is a little disappointing.

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardster:
I'm very happy that Vampire Diaries and Big Bang are getting card sets and details have now been released regarding the configuration of these sets.

Have to say that I am a little surprised that we are only getting 1 hit per box though.

In the current economic climate and given the competition from other manufacturers for my cash, 1 hit per box is a little disappointing.

I completely agree. I will not buy any box without a guaranteed autograph per box (I was burned too many times by boxes from Topps and Artbox where all I ended up with was a costume card I could have gotten on eBay for $5) and two premium hits would make a box a more reasonable purchase for me.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
I completely agree. I will not buy any box without a guaranteed autograph per box (I was burned too many times by boxes from Topps and Artbox where all I ended up with was a costume card I could have gotten on eBay for $5) and two premium hits would make a box a more reasonable purchase for me.

When you put it like that I have to agree, and am a little bit less excited about them.
But I'll wait and see closer to the release, and see what they have to say then.
Maybe if enough people are concerned this and voice their concerns they may change things?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are they still doing a Smallville set? I went to their website and they dont have it listed on their upcoming releases. Frown

Posts: 116 | Location: USA | Registered: January 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Firebird:
Are they still doing a Smallville set? I went to their website and they dont have it listed on their upcoming releases. Frown

At the Card Talk Philly Show meeting, they said they are doing one set which will comprise seasons 7 through 10. Unless I missed it, he didn't give a firm release date.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I do recall Scott saying that, and more specifically that it was a one time set just to wrap it all up for the fans.

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Oh well if it's only one set I guess the chances of us getting all the autos we want is pretty minimal, but at least they are covering the 4 seasons that Inkworks weren't able to do. Hopefully they'll be able to get many of the cast to sign, particularly if they didn't sign for Inkworks.

On another note I'm wondering how many costumes/props Cryptozoic were able to get because apparently the majority of Smallville props/wardrobe were put into archives and just the set dec and background pieces were sold through a liquidation sale in Vancouver a week ago. Everything that wasn't put into archives was burnt in an incinerator, so hopefully Cryptozoic was able to save some of these itemsSmile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Want Smallville cards forsure.

Posts: 1760 | Location: Oshkosh | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Sidewinder~

Cryptozoic did have the grey Smallville t-shirt that is posted in another thread on display at the Philly Show so they at least have one piece to cut up for costumes.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Any progress on the Fringe set? Smile

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:

Im sure it was mentioned on the Philly cardtalk meet video that Fringe was likely to be early 2012 after Vampire Diaries, Walking Dead, & Big Bang Theory....unless I was hearing things and it was just wishful thinking on my part Smile

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Taylor:
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:

Im sure it was mentioned on the Philly cardtalk meet video that Fringe was likely to be early 2012 after Vampire Diaries, Walking Dead, & Big Bang Theory....unless I was hearing things and it was just wishful thinking on my part Smile

Dave

I thought I remember hearing Scott on Card Corner Club Radio saying that it will be out before Christmas, I could be wrong though.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
I can't imagine that anyone would allow the Superman costume to be cut up for trading cards. But I wonder how collectors would feel about costume cards that contained "Material Used in the Making" of the Superman costume. Most likely, it would be material left over from when the costume was made.

As long as the cards clearly stated that the material was "used in the making" rather than somehow imply that the material was from the actual costume, I don't think people would mind. I know I wouldn't!

What Superman costume are you referring to? The Red/Blue original version, or the Blur T-Shirt that they already have?

I've read peoples comments about the Superman red/blue version looking CGI at the end of season 10, so did they actually make a costume at all?

As for The Blur t-shirts I imagine there would have been several of these made for production, so it wouldn't be like the one and only one made.

As for production made costume cards, I'm not really interested in them. I don't find any appeal in owning some fabric cut off a large role that wasn't ever actually worn by anyone.

I personally prefer full costumes that can be displayed, but seeing as most Smallville props/wardrobe won't become available to the public, costume cards are the next best thing.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post