Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Smallville, Fringe, etc. licensed
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smallville, Fringe, etc. licensed
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Has anyone else heard this rumour coming out of GAMA this past week??

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Can I ask what GAMA is?

I'd love a Fringe set (it's one of my top three sets I want released), but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Google-fu. . .

"
Here's where things start to get new. Cryptozoic Entertainment swept through the presentation with a ton of trading card announcements, many which will feature special cards and some really sick properties.

The Walking Dead, Smallville, Big Bang Theory, Vampire Diaries, and Fringe trading cards are all set to be released this year.

Of course, the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund Liberty Trading Cards (CBLDF Liberty for short), are also due out later this year. Trading card collectors will be able to look forward to autographed cards and sketch cards to be found in the set. This project is meant for charity in order to help comic artists protect their 1st amendment rights, and a whole host of great talent will be volunteering their work to this thing."

Source:
http://www.dailymetagame.com/A...elease-Schedule.aspx

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I googled, but I guess I didn't look hard enough Big Grin

Thanks for the link Webjon, very interesting.
There are a couple of licenses there I'd like to see as sets, so now I'm a little bit excited. Cool

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Man, this sounds ambitious for a new card manufacturer. I hope its true.

They are also talking about board games for The Big Bang Theory and The Walking Dead. Cross overs with gaming and TV shows? Well at least it expands the hobby, I'm tired of hearing all the negative drumbeats. Wink

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
A Fringe card set you say? Cryptozoic Entertainment, you have my full attention!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
This is great news! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
very cool news
I know seomeone who will go bananas upon hearing
there will be a set for BBT

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic are really going to do these sets justice. Their World of Warcraft cards are top quality and so has been their customer service regarding an issue I had. So I'm glad they are expanding into non-sports.

I hope they decide to get the Buffy license and get us an art themed set with sketches Thumb Up

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
very cool news
I know seomeone who will go bananas upon hearing
there will be a set for BBT

B-A-N-A-N-A-S! Big Grin

This is the best news I've heard all year.
BBT & Smallville!! Bouncey Yay!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
VERY interesting - there are some top notch shows mentioned. Hope they can produce them.

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
BBT? Oh yeah!
Bouncey

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
BBT, Fringe, Smallville and Vampire Diaries !!!

This is fantastic news !!

I so hope this is true. Thumb Up Bouncey Eek

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My burning questions:

-Will Cryptozoic be at the Philly Show?
-When will we get some solid details on content, release dates, etc?
-If Smallville has been licensed, what about Supernatural?

I thought I heard over and over again that Smallville and Supernatural licenses weren't being made available?!?

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by otim:
My burning questions:

-If Smallville has been licensed, what about Supernatural?

I thought I heard over and over again that Smallville and Supernatural licenses weren't being made available?!?

otim

I heard the same thing. Fingers crossed. This could be a great year for cards!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
My burning questions:

-Will Cryptozoic be at the Philly Show?

otim

Otis~

We haven't announced it yet but since you specifically asked, I can say YES, Cryptozoic Entertainment will be one of the exhibitors at the upcoming Philly Non-Sports Card Show (May 14 + 15 at the Merchants Square Mall in Allentown, PA) . They're coming in from California to exhibit for non-sport collectors at the show and we're thrilled to have them there.

That's not to say our other card manufacturer exhibitors are chopped liver. Big Grin Look for Breygent Marketing, Bags Unlimted, Rittenhouse Archives, and SideKick Lab also to be exhibiting plus maybe another or two.

Hope to see you at the show, Otim!

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
My burning questions:
If Smallville has been licensed, what about Supernatural?

That's the first thing I thought too. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMal:
I hope they decide to get the Buffy license and get us an art themed set with sketches Thumb Up

I'd be in on that one for sure Big Grin

Though with the talk of the movie remake I doubt it will ever happen.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I'd love it if they could continue the Supernatural sets as well as Smallville. Unfortunately I don't watch any of the other shows mentioned, but nice to see some new shows getting the card treatment.

I kind of agree about Buffy probably not getting a deal. The shows been over nearly 8 years (man I find that hard to believe) and now with a new movie coming out at some stage, they'll probably like to focus on the new Buffy rather than the old Buffy.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

I kind of agree about Buffy probably not getting a deal. The shows been over nearly 8 years (man I find that hard to believe) and now with a new movie coming out at some stage, they'll probably like to focus on the new Buffy rather than the old Buffy.

This is something I've always thought was a mistake. I almost never like the remakes but what they usually do is renew my interest in the original. I suspect a lot of other fans feel the same way. I think licensed projects from the original tied in with a remake could be very successful.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post