Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    CBLDF and Cryptozoic Team Up for Charity Trading Card Set
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CBLDF and Cryptozoic Team Up for Charity Trading Card Set
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
okay, this set just gets better and better.

neil gaiman posted an image yesterday of his cards. not the ones he's autographing, but ones he's doodling on...

http://www.whosay.com/neilgaiman/photos/32455

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neil Gaiman also tweeted the following...

@neilhimself "All done. Signature & sketch cards will be in the @CBLDF Liberty Trading Cards set..."

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
I wrote about this for another site but they have yet to post it...

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey jason,

i just blogged about it today, too.

brad

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glim:
Neil Gaiman also tweeted the following...

@neilhimself "All done. Signature & sketch cards will be in the @CBLDF Liberty Trading Cards set..."

This makes me excited, I'll get a few boxes of this set just to try and get his Autograph.
Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite Authors.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
I am trully honored to be working on this set. I had known about it for a long time and getting to draw some NEW stuff like Spawn, Bone and Savage Dragon is really thrilling me. Scans of my cards can be seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/media....312532.148493592638

the Album is open to the public

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Rich,

Anyway you can list the subjects that you were allowed to sketch?

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
don't do it Rich !!
keep it a secret

if you dig hard enough on the main CBLDF site
you can find the release Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
Here is an article that lists the properties that were involved. I don't know how complete the list is.

http://icv2.com/articles/news/20100.html

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
they're all great Rich but my favorte is probably the Beanworld sketch.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris. Your one of the first peeps I know who actually knew who those guys are. Smile

I don't think I will post the subjects, I will show who I draw as I get approval to show them off. Sorry guys.

I can say that this set is a breath of fresh air over the current workloads.

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Has anyone been reading Larry Marder's CBLDF Liberty Cards Diary on the cbldf.org site? Larry has been blogging about the series. Today, he has posted images on autograph cards from Jimmy Palmiotti, James Kochalka, Amanda Conner, and John Layman. Take a look here:

Larry Marder’s CBLDF Liberty Cards Diary #7

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Has anyone been reading Larry Marder's CBLDF Liberty Cards Diary on the cbldf.org site?
I pretty much stopped following any news about this set after I read that the CBLDF's headline campaign at the moment is an attempt to repeal a law making it illegal to sell violent games to children. Sorry.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Has anyone been reading Larry Marder's CBLDF Liberty Cards Diary on the cbldf.org site?
I pretty much stopped following any news about this set after I read that the CBLDF's headline campaign at the moment is an attempt to repeal a law making it illegal to sell violent games to children. Sorry.

Do you have a source for this? I have never seen the CBLDF involved in the games industry, I would be interested to see what is going on.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
Do you have a source for this? I have never seen the CBLDF involved in the games industry, I would be interested to see what is going on.
Kennywood has correctly posted a link to the source I found, i.e. the CBLDF website itself. I went there to see the sort of work they were doing to defend freedom of expression and found they were currently much more concerned with defending their freedom to make money with this campaign.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went there to see the sort of work they were doing to defend freedom of expression and found they were currently much more concerned with defending their freedom to make money with this campaign.

Just curious what you mean by this.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
quote:
I went there to see the sort of work they were doing to defend freedom of expression and found they were currently much more concerned with defending their freedom to make money with this campaign.

Just curious what you mean by this.

-Bob-
Their headline campaign is attempting to repeal a law that in no way prevents their members from freedom of expression. It does not stop anyone from creating a game with whatever content they want to include. What it does do is ensure that parents have a measure of control over the games that their children can buy without first getting parental approval. This reduces the potential market for games containing excessive violence, foul language and other things that parents may not want their children to be exposed to. It's a very sensible piece of legislation. The only genuine reason for wanting it to be removed is to increase sales of games, which has absolutely nothing to do with the freedom of expression that the organisation says it stands for. But that's just my opinion Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
Their headline campaign is attempting to repeal a law that in no way prevents their members from freedom of expression. It does not stop anyone from creating a game with whatever content they want to include. What it does do is ensure that parents have a measure of control over the games that their children can buy without first getting parental approval. This reduces the potential market for games containing excessive violence, foul language and other things that parents may not want their children to be exposed to. It's a very sensible piece of legislation. The only genuine reason for wanting it to be removed is to increase sales of games, which has absolutely nothing to do with the freedom of expression that the organisation says it stands for. But that's just my opinion Smile

I'm with you on this

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pablo
posted Hide Post
A few cards I did for this fantastic set, with Bone characters, Chakan and Angela. Enjoy.

Posts: 20 | Location: Leganés | Registered: June 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work, Pablo! Welcome to Card Talk! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post