Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic Announces...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic Announces...
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
...at NSU Card Talk's member gathering in Allentown:

Felicia Day's 'the Guild' and Tarzan 100th Anniversary as their two new projects.

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I like 'The Guild', that should be a cute set. The cast are all really nice -- I have met them at Comic Con a few times, and they are always great -- so I see no problem with them getting all of the cast to sign.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I'm in for a box or two of The Guild.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Slow it down, Cryptozoic. You're going to bankrupt me! Big Bang, Smallville and now The Guild???

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Slow it down, Cryptozoic. You're going to bankrupt me! Big Bang, Smallville and now The Guild???

I enjoy The Guild too...I would hate to see it cut up, but the painting would make an awesome prop card...or maybe they could have a redemption for the whole painting.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
I would hate to see it cut up, but the painting would make an awesome prop card...or maybe they could have a redemption for the whole painting.

OH NO Eek I hope they wouldn't.
I don't think it would have the same effect cut up Razz

Or it would be the biggest prop card ever Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

That's exactly the way I feel!! Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If Cryptozoic is going to do web series I would love to see a set for Dorm Life...it's probably too far removed for a set though

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
The Guild Cards get some press. Including the first look at a Guild card:

http://gigaom.com/video/the-guild-merchandising/

Quietly optimistic about this one. IF they can tap into the geek culture it might be a great stepping stone to get some new blood in our sector of the hobby.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking card

quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
The Guild Cards get some press. Including the first look at a Guild card:

http://gigaom.com/video/the-guild-merchandising/

Quietly optimistic about this one. IF they can tap into the geek culture it might be a great stepping stone to get some new blood in our sector of the hobby.

Ed

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed for the link, it's a great interview.
I really can't wait for this set, this and the Fringe Big Grin

From the look of the set so far, I think they look Fantastic Clap

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah...I'm really looking forward to The Guild set as well. Depending on the box breakdown I may pick up a case.

I so wish there would be some news on the Fringe set. I so want a Anna Torv auto right now!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great looking card.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
FYI - we are giving away a few of The Guild promo cards that were given away at the WOW Insider Party here in California a few weeks ago on our Facebook page.

Check it out here:

CZE Facebook

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gaeta:
FYI - we are giving away a few of The Guild promo cards that were given away at the WOW Insider Party here in California a few weeks ago on our Facebook page.

Check it out here:

CZE Facebook

Thanks Scott.

BTW, I've been trying to contact you recently. No response from your website. A friend was going to send me your personal contact info, but seems to be away from his computer. Could you contact me? Thanks! John

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Release Dates For Cryptozoic Trading Cards!
Cryptozoic Entertainment recently announced new release dates for its upcoming trading card releases:

Vampire Diaries Season 1 is now tentatively scheduled to release on December 6th.

The Walking Dead is now expected to ship on December 13th.

Big Bang Theory has been pushed back, tentatively, to February 14th (originally expected to arrive in mid December).

Sergio

Posts: 23 | Location: Italy | Registered: November 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Just a quick, The Guild, update for you. We're on our way up to LA tonight for our signing party with 18 of the signers for this set.

Look for a list of signers and maybe some pics from the event next week.

If you follow me on twitter (@ScottGaeta) you may even get some info early tonight!

Best,

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Sounds awesome Elephant
18 signers! that's fantastic news, I hope Wil Wheaton is one of them. Big Grin

Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Sounds awesome Elephant
18 signers! that's fantastic news, I hope Wil Wheaton is one of them. Big Grin

Check out the photos from last Friday night's signing! http://www.cryptozoic.com/blog...ood-leave-their-mark CZE The Guild Party

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Woohoo!! Clap
You got Wil Wheaton to sign, that's fantastic news for sure Big Grin
And really great photos by the way, thanks for the link.
I didn't realise this set was coming out so soon, January 2012, that's next month!! I've not been told by anyone that I can pre-order yet... Confused
And when you say "We like the show so much, in fact, that we're creating trading cards for it! And since our commitment to our fans is to provide the coolest collectibles around, every pack of The Guild Trading Cards has a chance for premium cards, like Wardrobe cards that contain real pieces of costumes worn in episodes of the show, and Autograph cards featuring genuine signatures from the cast" does this mean they are to be premium packs? I'm not complaining, it would save alot on shipping costs. Smile