Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Archives Signature Series
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Archives Signature Series
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Coming in July from Topps

1 card per pack, 1 pack per box

Yes, that is correct

Posts: 4009 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
$100 a sticker....bargain. Thumb Up

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And there are a bunch of other Star Wars sets by Topps coming in 2018, as well

Solo: A Star Wars Story
Star Wars Last Jedi 2
Star Wars Galactic Files 2018

It never ends

Posts: 4009 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Couple of points about this one . . .

The autograph cards are all buy backs, already released cards, now stamped and signed. This means that all signatures must be on card. It also means that, unless they were started long ago, deceased actors are probably not in there.

Because these are buy backs, there really is no complete product to collect and cards will be from different releases. Since there is no assigned space to sign, these autographs may not all look good with the card background. Just like you would get from any in-person signing. Cards will be stamped and it seems that some will be signed on newer patch cards.

Not sure where the $100 a pack/card was said. I see a much lower pre-sell price, but that could be wrong.

TOPPS keeps trying to think of ways to keep adding new twists to these Star Wars autographs that should have passed the saturation point long ago. Newer stars are still limited enough to be worth something, but the combined volume of even the short prints of older stars is staggering and not stopping short of death. Thanks to a seemingly endless supply of stickers, even that won't do it for some.

Forget about the common characters/actors. They are filler only, but at one card per pack, its going to hurt. On the other hand, you could pull another Daisy. She isn't over produced yet. That's what TOPPS is counting on here, buyers who feel lucky. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The autograph cards are all buy backs, already released cards, now stamped and signed. This means that all signatures must be on card.

I'm not questioning you, but are we sure they just won't use stickers on a stamped buy-back card? We did see stickers from Fisher, for example, in Stellar which was touted as all on-card. I get it, in that those are good sellers and she is still an attraction from a release standpoint.

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by weasel-king:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The autograph cards are all buy backs, already released cards, now stamped and signed. This means that all signatures must be on card.

I'm not questioning you, but are we sure they just won't use stickers on a stamped buy-back card? We did see stickers from Fisher, for example, in Stellar which was touted as all on-card. I get it, in that those are good sellers and she is still an attraction from a release standpoint.

You can check out a couple of places for details if you Google the title and decide for yourself. Beckett and Blowout both have articles and a couple of pictures. Also there is chatter on the Blowout forum. From what I can tell so far, everything looks like the normal buy backs where the signature is added on card and is put pretty much anywhere the signer feels like it.

That's not to say they couldn't use stickers if they wanted to, although that wouldn't be in line with buy back cards of the past. Hope we're not giving them any ideas. Big Grin

These do seem to be on card and at least they are properly stamped and even encapsulated this time. I wouldn't bet the farm on anything until it gets released though. Wink

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post