Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Hollywood Zombies 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hollywood Zombies 2
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
I just recently noticed that on the Topps website they have two new Hollywood Zombies posters, and in the description it says they are for the return of Hollywood Zombies. However, I have not been able to find any information regarding an upcoming Hollywood Zombies card set. Has anyone heard any information or rumors about whether or not there will be a set, and if so, when it may come out?

I am really hoping that they will come out with a new set, because the first Hollywood Zombies set was one of my favorites. I never could understand why it wasn't more popular at the time.

What do you guys think? Did you like the Hollywood Zombies Set and would you like to see more of them?

Posts: 8 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
I have a full set of the first series of Hollywood Zombies. I liked it quite a bit. I heard of a series 2 coming out at some point, yet I have never seen it ..... in the flesh. (Couldn't help it.)

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I was surprised to see those new Hollywood Zombies posters since I don't think the first card set was a hit. The cards were on clearance not too long after release.
I'd be surprised if they made another full set, but if they had sketches for a new set, that could make a difference. The original set was notably "hit" free.
A shame, they were really well done. Topps gave out some really cool paper masks of 4 of the main characters at Comic-Con when the set was newly issued and we were able to get 3 of them. I think that set of 4 was George W. Bush, Paris Hilton, Donald Trump, and Michael Jackson.

Posts: 3326 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
mintoncard - I remember there being a lot of rumors in the year or two following the initial release. I got excited for a while there, but unfortunately nothing ever... came to life.

chesspieceface - Your right, I think the lack of inserts turned some people away, which is a shame because the artwork and the concepts were some of the best I had seen in a long time. Remember the good old days when all it took was a good set for people to be interested? Now there have to be sketch cards (which are usually terrible by the way), printing plates, various levels of parallel sets and all those other manufactured rarities that draw people to sets. It's the primary reason I no longer collect modern cards. But if that's what it would take for there to be more zombies, than so be it.

Now would be the best time for Topps to take another shot at the Hollywood Zombies series. Both Hollywood (and music, and even sports) and zombies are bigger than ever. There is so much subject matter available, they could potentially make several sets if it takes.

Hoping to hear more on this, and if anybody else finds any rumors floating around out there, let us know!

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hiffnhoffer,

Posts: 8 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post