Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dark Zodiac Super Set Series Two
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dark Zodiac Super Set Series Two
 Login/Join

posted

Okay Folks,

I'm pleased to announce the long awaited return of the Dark Zodiac!

This set is going to be something special and we are going to invite everyone along on the journey from creation to release. In the coming days we will launch The Dark Zodiac Diaries - a full online production diary that will keep everyone up to date with the project, will preview artwork and showcase individual artists working on the set plus lots more. Stay tuned for details soon.

This set is going to feature more artists than we have before and the talent we have on board is fantastic.

ORDERS -
This set is available to order now.
If you would like to make an order please contact me either via PM or e-mail (jack@reddlife.com) with the amount and type of packs that you would like to order and your location so that we can work out postage costs.

We will send you a notification to confirm we have received your request and will get back to everyone from Monday (27th May) with a full quote including postage costs.

Payment will be due (either in full or the first installment) on 3rd June 2013 -
Due to the Premium nature of this set we are offering a pay by installment option for all Premium pack & large Traditional pack orders. This system will allow 6 equal payments to be made starting on 3rd June and continuing monthly with the final payment in November. This will allow for payment to be spread out and made more manageable for customers.

Contact me for full details and please be aware that these sets are limited - there will be no more than 200 premium packs and based on previous sets there may be a lot of demand.

From tomorrow we will begin announcing artists and showing off some previews. I think this is going to be fun! :wink:

Cheers,
Jack.

Posts: 25 | Location: UK | Registered: July 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is a set I have been waiting for Dance .The last release was excellent and got me into collecting the premium sketch sets so it's really Jack's fault I never seem to have enough money Big Grin .

E-mail sent and replied to super fast by Jack Thumb Up .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
This is a set I have been waiting for Dance
You and me both Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:E-mail sent and replied to super fast by Jack Thumb Up .
So that's what was holding up his reply to me Big Grin

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
GREAT news - e-mail sent Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 25 | Location: UK | Registered: July 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hanie as a guest artist Clap This set just keeps getting better and better Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
email sent. Can't wait for this set.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to this! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I'm very pleased to be able to announce that the awe-inspiring, disturbingly piercing and just so beautiful pencil work of Andy Fry is returning to the Dark Zodiac for this Super Set.

Sales Update - Please note we are very nearly sold out - we have under 10 premium packs left unallocated, so please don't leave it too much longer if you want to get your hands on any. See first post for details on ordering.

Thanks,
Jack.

posted Hide Post
Hey All,

Our online production diary for the Super Set - The Dark Zodiac Diaries has gone live here - http://darkzodiacdiary.blogspot.co.uk/

Make sure you check it out and save the address as it will be updated regularly and we will be showcasing artists and previewing artwork over there.

Cheers,
Jack.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got an e-mail from Jack Friday. Left it in case Jack wanted to post here himself first but as the news is spectacularly good did not want to wait any longer Smile .

Julio "NAR!" Naranjo is doing some of his awesome sketches for the set Eek and the guest artist for Aquarius is Veronica O'Connell Dance .

I ordered as much as I could afford but I still wish I could have got more now Roll Eyes .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Anybody had updates on this set?

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Anybody had updates on this set?
As Jack said a couple of posts earlier on this thread, updates on the set are being and have been posted on the online production diary at this address:

http://darkzodiacdiary.blogspot.co.uk/

There are lots of gorgeous sketch card previews posted there. I expect to receive my final invoice for the set in the next week. There hasn't been anything on the blog to suggest that there have been any holdups or problems with the set, so I'm looking forward to seeing it being released next month.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jack just posted on the BlogSpot that the set will be released end of this month. Some delays with the artwork getting to him, probably the same postal delays affecting the Once Bitten set.

Curse you worldwide mail services Big Grin .

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hanie Mohd has posted some of her DZ sketches on her Facebook page.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Jack just posted on the BlogSpot that the set will be released end of this month. Some delays with the artwork getting to him, probably the same postal delays affecting the Once Bitten set.

Curse you worldwide mail services Big Grin .

Looking forward to this release! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Just received this from Jack this morning and thought I would share this with everyone. I hope its alright to post this here.

"Hi All,

I wanted to give everyone an update on the production of the set and this is going to be the good, the bad and the ugly, but in reverse order -

THE UGLY -

With this being the final part of the Dark Zodiac series we wanted to include more artists to create a diverse selection of styles for the sketch card artwork and so we hired more artists than we have previously done.

Of course you have to prepare yourself for the fact that some artists won't meet deadlines or won't deliver their promised artwork at all, but to be honest the sheer proportion of artists that have let us down could not have been reasonably accounted for.

I'm sure most if not all of you know it is a growing problem within the sketch card industry and it especially effects smaller companies such as ourselves.

THE BAD -

Because of the delay and then eventual replacement of one of the base card artists I made the decision to go with one of our European printers so that we could try to meet the original deadline for release, the printing was fine but they were cut incorrectly and I am now in a dispute with the printers to correct the issue and have the cards re-printed.

On the sketch card front we are still awaiting some promised sketch card artwork that we would really like to include with the packs and have been frantically finding replacement art for those artists that have failed to deliver completely.

This whole process is taking a lot longer than I had hoped and unless I release an inferior product I must delay the release of this set until the end of January 2014 (week commencing 27th Jan 2014), to enable all of the hardworking artists that are picking up the slack to do their very best work.

I know this is not what anyone wants to hear and believe me this is not the e-mail I wanted to be sending. This is costing us a lot of time, money and is frankly embarrassing - but the determination to create a great product is what drives us and doing it right is what we are going to do here.

THE GOOD -

Although a lot of artists have let us down, there are still more artists that have come through and have done so with amazing results. The sketch card artwork for this set is the best in the entire series and once complete this is going to be a killer set with a great compliment of styles and talents. I'm so in awe of the artists that have completed their assignments, they have done us all proud and I am also thankful to the talented folk who have stepped up to fill the gaps.

The sketch card quality on this set is very impressive and this delay is only going to give us the chance to make it even better than it would have been before - a fact that will benefit us all in the end.

If you have any issues or comments, feel free to e-mail me and I will respond as soon as I am able to.

My sincere apologies for the delay,
Jack Redd."

After reading this I didn't know or realize that there was this kind of problem among the sketch card community. Kind of unprofessional if you ask me, but what do I know, I only buy them. Too bad about the delay but I'm sure it will be worth it and still looking forward to receiving mine.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Was wondering if there were any updates for this release?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
Was wondering if there were any updates for this release?

I had an e-mail from Jack 15th Jan saying that the base cards have been re-printed and "everything appears OK on that front".He also says sketch cards are coming in at a good rate and he hopes to have the set released "as soon as we can".