Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Is this how the new Green Hornet set will be distributed?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this how the new Green Hornet set will be distributed?
 Login/Join

Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
I think for the price its a pretty good deal!,at least we get a set for the Movie and something most can afford!
I too look forward to what happens with Merlin and Spartacus series Smile
Wave

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
There is now info for the set on Rittenhouse's website. It is called Green Hornet Series 1 and the page quotes it as "The Premiere Edition" so my assumption is that the Rogen autograph card took longer to get back than anticipated and his card will be in the eventual "Series 2" along with the Williams auto as an incentive.

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...greenhornet/series1/

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Series 2 is on the website now.

Release Date is next week! Eek

quote:
Rittenhouse Archives is pleased to announce our second edition of The Green Hornet trading cards, based on the new 3-D movie starring Seth Rogen as Britt Reid/The Green Hornet and Jay Chou as Kato! Only 500 Limited Edition Sets Produced!
Series 2 includes 5 all-new costume relic cards, with materials worn by:

•Seth Rogen (the Green Hornet) and another card as Britt Reid)
•Seth Rogen (Britt Reid)
•Edward James Olmos (Mike Axeford)
•David Harbor (D.A. Scanlon)
•Christoph Waltz (Chudnofsky)

With every 3 sets ordered, you will receive a FREE Seth Rogen (Green Hornet) autograph card.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
That seems like a pretty good value to me (Series 2 I mean). Those who are after these will enjoy them I'm sure!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's a good deal that I was going to order until I got to the checkout page and the shipping charge was $35 for three sets to the UK Shake Head .

Figure if I wait a bit I can pick up a set off Ebay for around $25 with about $4 for shipping.

As they did get Seth Rogen I can only speculate that either the original asking price was too high and they did not get enough orders or he did not sign enough compared to the numbers of all the other cards in the set.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
How many cards in the base set? Or are you just buying 5 relic cards? (15 if you want an autograph!)

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:
How many cards in the base set? Or are you just buying 5 relic cards? (15 if you want an autograph!)

Looks like the Series 2 set consists of the only the 5 costume cards plus the 3 set incentive auto card.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nothing like resurrecting a 10+ year old thread.... Metal … but has anyone noticed what the Jay Chou autograph from this release has been selling for?

Here are the most recent eBay sales: Eek

November 8, 2020 - $1499.99 (graded BGS 8.5)
November 8, 2020 - $1499.99
October 9, 2020 - $1300
June 27, 2020 - $1325
June 21, 2020 - $1499 (with Seth Rogen auto)
May 30, 2020 - $1325
May 15, 2020 - $1362
May 3, 2020 - $1591

I know he's huge in the Asian countries but who could've predicted his autograph would be selling for 10x the Seth Rogen auto - especially with the Rogen auto having a much smaller print run. And this set was looked at as somewhat of a dud release at the time. If we only knew then what we know now.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Would a SRP of $49.99 make it easier to take?
Ed

Yes, especially if you think the Green Hornet movie will be a hit or you think Jay Chou will catch on outside of Asia. This product is very limited so, should the film be any good, it could be like the Inkworks Twilight cards. Maybe. . .

Now here are the negatives; movies that open in January are generally considered dumped at that time because the studios don't like the finished product. And Jay Chou, despite playing Kato, is not a martial arts star at all. He is a 32 year old musician, songwriter, producer, who has done a couple of films. He has sold millions of albums in Asia and makes many commercials as a high priced spokesperson. So he is quite the celebrity over there, even though I never heard of him before. Wink

If that sounds like its worth a chance to you, at least the price reduction makes it reasonable. But I do wonder how RA could make any money on this license when the set price had to be slashed this much?

Too bad I didn't follow my own advice back then. Big Grin I just wasn't a Rogen fan and the movie tanked.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
If we only knew then what we know now.

And I just sold my last Delorean on EBAY last week!!!! Cool

I picked up the Seth about 7 or 8 years ago just passing up all the cheap Chou cards. Sadly, collecting on the basis a barely known celebrity might make it big still puts you in the hole.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
I picked up the Seth about 7 or 8 years ago just passing up all the cheap Chou cards. Sadly, collecting on the basis a barely known celebrity might make it big still puts you in the hole.

Well that's the thing. If you are a collector, you are buying what you like. I never heard of Jay Chou when he was cast in this film. I haven't thought about him at all before this thread was revived. I have no idea what he's been doing as I have never heard his music.

I didn't want to spend $50 bucks on his autograph card in December 2010 and I certainly don't want to spend $1,500 on it now. So in hindsight someone may say you should have gotten it, but that would only be true if value speculation was your motive. It isn't about the money for most card collectors because, although we all want good cards, we are not buying just to turn around and sell. You have to sell to make money, card collectors only spend money. Big Grin

But as far as Chou goes, I would think that the main market for this card is still in Asia and speculators are driving it up with the intention of reselling to those foreign based buyers.

BTW, I understand congratulations are in order mykdude. The lockdown makes people do strange things. Big Grin All The Best. Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Darn, I loved that movie!
Saw it in 3D in a vibrating seat (minds clean, people!)
I have two of the costume cards only set, and I still can't figure out why I didn't buy the other set when released. It must have been out of my price range back then.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
BTW, I understand congratulations are in order mykdude. The lockdown makes people do strange things. Big Grin All The Best. Smile

Haha! That it does!

Thank you!

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post