Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Is this how the new Green Hornet set will be distributed?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this how the new Green Hornet set will be distributed?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
the asia market would go nuts over the jay chou auto if it ever existed. in asia, HE is HUGE!!!!

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The article in NSU lists Seth Rogen as a signer for this set. Has this been confirmed. Might sway me to ordering a set. Not enough details for me to take a $300 plunge yet.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I emailed Steve at Rittenhouse last week asking about details. He replied that they are still waiting final approvals from the studio so they have not finalized the set composition.

So far, nothing new on that front since...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed. It is going to br pretty tough for them to sale these $300 sets when no one is sure what they will be getting.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a list of all the autographs that will be in this set somewhere? I see Kato and an incentive. . . but read there were 2 autos per set. . .

Thanks,

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Is there a list of all the autographs that will be in this set somewhere? I see Kato and an incentive. . . but read there were 2 autos per set. . .

Thanks,

Jon

I doubt there is an official list yet as Steve was unwilling to share any information at all.

You could assume there will be a Green Hornet and a Kato, but that is speculation until Steve decides to make it official.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw this over on the blowoutcards forum

1 Jay Chou/Kato Authentic Autograph Card
1 Jay Chou/Kato Authentic Costume/Relic Card
1 Seth Rogen/Green Hornet Authentic Costume/Relic Card
7 Seth Rogen/Green Hornet In Action Cards
7 Jay Chou/Kato In Action Cards

17 card set, 1 autograph, 2 costumes. There is also a sample of the Jay Chou autograph (computer generated, not an actual signed card) and I gotta say the design is pretty awful. Not a fan of giving the actor the bottom corner to sign on. This went from a set I was excited for to an EASY pass.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
This went from a set I was excited for to an EASY pass.

Well if your breakdown is correct, and there is no Seth Rogen autograph card, its hard to see how that set price will hold up.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good luck selling sets with no seth rogen autograph.

Posts: 20 | Location: CLEARWATER,FL | Registered: April 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually like the design, but without a Seth Rogan autograph it's going to be a very tough sell.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Would a SRP of $49.99 make it easier to take? That's the number I've been given, and I imagine Friendly Dealers will have it a few dollars less.

Also, in the solicitation I have (not from RA) there is no mention of an incentive autograph from Marc Vann.

Ed

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am guessing they originally had a Rogen auto to justify the high price and now they don't the price has come down accordingly.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Would a SRP of $49.99 make it easier to take? That's the number I've been given, and I imagine Friendly Dealers will have it a few dollars less.

Certainly helps. . . I personally am not familiar with Jay Chou, so my interest is very limited.

posted Hide Post
Yeah I am pretty sure the msrp is much lower now. I could also not find any info about an incentive auto.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Would a SRP of $49.99 make it easier to take?
Ed

Yes, especially if you think the Green Hornet movie will be a hit or you think Jay Chou will catch on outside of Asia. This product is very limited so, should the film be any good, it could be like the Inkworks Twilight cards. Maybe. . .

Now here are the negatives; movies that open in January are generally considered dumped at that time because the studios don't like the finished product. And Jay Chou, despite playing Kato, is not a martial arts star at all. He is a 32 year old musician, songwriter, producer, who has done a couple of films. He has sold millions of albums in Asia and makes many commercials as a high priced spokesperson. So he is quite the celebrity over there, even though I never heard of him before. Wink

If that sounds like its worth a chance to you, at least the price reduction makes it reasonable. But I do wonder how RA could make any money on this license when the set price had to be slashed this much?

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Does nothing for me. Still won't buy even if the movie is a hit.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does nothing for me either. No way I will touch it without a Rogen autograph in it. Glad I didn't take the plunge before finding out if they high price tag meant that he was going to be included. I don't think this set is going to sell even with the price drop but I could be wrong.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I would still like to see the set...I know a friend and I will each by one, I like RA and buy most of their products

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I just placed my order for a little over $40 shipped. Whether the movie ends up sucking or not, you have the second lead actors autograph and a costume card for the two leads for under $15 a piece. That's too good of a value to pass up. And if the the movie turns out great, then it's even better of a value. Kudos to Rittenhouse, we know you tried your best to make this set come together.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
If you are are going to see the Movie and you like Green Hornet, then the price is good (I will be happy if a Merlin set is this price)

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post