Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Mars Attacks Set! Mars Attacks: Invasion
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mars Attacks Set! Mars Attacks: Invasion
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes I agree lets see some pack breaks, ack ack! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Not sure if it's the right part of the forum, but a Mars Attacks boardgame is being sponsored here Mars Attacks!

It features some exclusive Mars Attacks cards from Topps if anyones interested Smile

/Cheers

Posts: 2 | Location: Sweden | Registered: October 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi,yes have all ready pledged.
but it says 4 cards but else were on there site it says 6 cards I asked which it was but got no reply. but you don't get cards till aug next year ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vampy:
hi,yes have all ready pledged.
but it says 4 cards but else were on there site it says 6 cards I asked which it was but got no reply. but you don't get cards till aug next year ?

It was originally 4 but they added two once they met a certain stretch goal.

Thanks for the tip, trusty pilot!

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No problem, Commander!

Posts: 2 | Location: Sweden | Registered: October 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't see a box breakdown set up yet for this, so will add here.
Opened 2 boxes and nice cards! Down side is that didn't get base set in either box as both short 2 base cards; and no extra base cards in box. Sure this due to the fact that both boxes had a sketch, an 'extra gore' parallel and a patch card. So if you're lucky to get the tougher chase in a box, you maybe won't get a set in that box.
Both sketches super lame!!
Will chill and open couple more boxes soon.

Posts: 332 | Location: NJ | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next two boxes also 2 cards short of base set with no extra base cards. Made 2 sets from the 4 boxes. Good for Topps that they didn't guarantee set in each box (as far as I know), otherwise they'll have lots of work ahead of them. I see base card trading ahead.

Posts: 332 | Location: NJ | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
With a 95 card base set and all of the inserts/parallels/etc., it was not expected to be able to get a base set from a single box.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good point I hadn't thought of, but in hindsight don't think Topps did either. I suppose I expect to get full set in box these days for what I buy, and consciously avoid sets where I know I won't.
Not a big deal, but didn't expect to add base cards to my want list.
I've no clue how cards are packed and boxed, but sure computers now involved somehow to collate a set into a box. Some of the packs contain 6 cards, the 6th being card to push the kickstarter game. This 4-5 per box. Couldn't 2 more packs have 6 base cards so a box buyer gets full set? Something for Topps to investigate for next set like this.

posted Hide Post
Topps was well aware that a box would not contain a set.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for a couple Singles to finish a base set and i have some singles for Trades

Please check the Trading Section
Hopefully someone can help

Thanks , Kevin

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have seen sketch`s for this at buy now $6.99
these sellers must be so disappointed at the quality of the sketch cards because I wouldn't pay $2.99 for some of the ones I have seen ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gojira69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Martian Commander:
Here are the odds from the back of the wrapper:

Gold Parallel 1:12
Heritage Parallel 1:4
Early Encounters Subset 1:8
Anatomy of a Martian Subset 1:12
Masterpieces Subset 1:6
Propaganda Subset 1:6
Propaganda "Graffitti" Parallel 1:192
Printing Plate 1:248
Munchkin Bonus Playing Card 1:111
Sketch Card 1:25
Creator Sketch Card 1:1670
Classic Creator Auto 1:417
Artist Base Card Auto 1:111
Comic Creator Auto 1:1670
WB Movie Auto 1:167
Buyback: 1:1246
Concept Parallel 1:48
"Extra Gore" 1:72
"Extra Gore" Gold Parallel 1:1113
Patch Relics 1:109
Medallion Relics 1:108
Loaded Sketch Packs (2) 1:1055
Loaded Sketch Packs (4) 1:3152

All odds are approximate, and i'm a little peeved they listed the "Extra Gore" and "Graffitti Parallels" which were intended to be unannounced short print variants... :/

Will see about an artist list this week.

Sketches will be one per box for sure, 1:25 is for the basic sketches, while other sketches like the 2-card and 4-card puzzles and creator sketch cards make up the rest.
This is very helpful. Thanks. Is there a checklist of sorts, or at least info on how many variants can be expected in each chase subset.

Posts: 10 | Location: California | Registered: September 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Closely allied with the new Mars Attacks release is a really cool miniature board game currently in a Kickstarter event. The set has Mars Attacks cards from Topps that are exclusive to this game selection options. There is still time to back this exciting product with Martian miniatures, etc. Check it out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/pro...-the-miniatures-game

Posts: 1 | Location: NC | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The orginal Mars Attacks cards command a fairly high price in the market. Do you think the Buy-back cards included in this newest release will demand the same price or does having the gold stamp deminish it's value?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
The orginal Mars Attacks cards command a fairly high price in the market. Do you think the Buy-back cards included in this newest release will demand the same price or does having the gold stamp deminish it's value?

I don't know if they'll INCREASE the value, but I can tell you Topps didn't spend more than $15-25 per card-- so it's not as if they were high grade, valuable or rare editions.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I would think that the gold stamp would increase the value because the number of cards stamped would be a small fraction of those still in existence. Of course a card in a lesser condition will not have all that much market value anyway, but as a buy back it should still get maybe 1.5 times the expected price.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If I were collecting original cards then the Gold Stamp would render these cards completely worthless. While it might look nice, it defaces the card from a collector's point of view. If they have value, it is only as a desirable item within this current release. Their present and future value will depend on that not their status as cards from the original release.

Of course, it could also boost the value of other unstamped original cards as these will now be slightly more scarce Big Grin

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I were collecting original cards then the Gold Stamp would render these cards completely worthless

Thanks for the insight. I tend to agree. I also collect comics and have found this to be true in that hobby as well.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
quote:
If I were collecting original cards then the Gold Stamp would render these cards completely worthless

Thanks for the insight. I tend to agree. I also collect comics and have found this to be true in that hobby as well.

Well yes, if you mean that they can no longer be sorted in to complete an original set, they are useless.

But that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the individual MA card being elevated to a new status by virtue of having an approved stamp. Kind of like those Topps baseball cards that got stamped as Desert Storm. There are going to be fewer stamped MA cards than the original form, so they should earn a premium.

I don't know that Topps even attempted to find every card in the set to stamp, so its doubtful that anyone could complete an entire set from the buy backs.

And by the way, as with all vintage sets, the first and last card from MA are the most valuable in good condition. People used to love rubberbands in those unenlightened days. Wink

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post