Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Mars Attacks Set! Mars Attacks: Invasion
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mars Attacks Set! Mars Attacks: Invasion
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Don't quote me, but I believe the reason they are not offered to dealers is a matter of cost: the price to produce is such that we'd have to make a REALLY large amount to get a bulk discount enough to make wholesaling them worthwhile.

So that might work for some big brand like Star Wars, but I am not certain if Mars Attacks would have enough appeal or garner enough sales to make it profitable.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Martian Commander:
Don't quote me, but I believe the reason they are not offered to dealers is a matter of cost: the price to produce is such that we'd have to make a REALLY large amount to get a bulk discount enough to make wholesaling them worthwhile.

So that might work for some big brand like Star Wars, but I am not certain if Mars Attacks would have enough appeal or garner enough sales to make it profitable.

I could not even order from the Topps Site at retail even though I registered on the site and my emails were ignored. I ended up having to get someone in the U.S. to purchase them then after receiving them shipping them on to me.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Why can't Topps Europe here in Milton Keynes have a quantity made over here and then everyone in the UK could buy them easily and there would be no international postage.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Why can't Topps Europe here in Milton Keynes have a quantity made over here and then everyone in the UK could buy them easily and there would be no international postage.

You'd have to ask Topps UK.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I'm happy the binders are being produced if you want one for your collection it should not be hard to obtain one there are always options available. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All of my cards have been approved, so I'll start sharing some. I won't overload the thread with pics, though. Smile

I did a series called "Killing the Comics," kind of a "What If?" version of newspaper comic artists drawing Mars Attacks. The first one was already shared on Mars Attacks' Facebook page:

Here's another:

I did a handful of big cities meeting their demise:

This one was a request by artist Jason Adams:

And one of my favorites:

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not long for this release. Do we know yet exactly what the odds for the chase sets are and how many there will be?

I'm looking to purchasing a mini master set but still not really sure what this entail.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any update on the release date and breakdown of this release?

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Release date is October 25th.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are the odds from the back of the wrapper:

Gold Parallel 1:12
Heritage Parallel 1:4
Early Encounters Subset 1:8
Anatomy of a Martian Subset 1:12
Masterpieces Subset 1:6
Propaganda Subset 1:6
Propaganda "Graffitti" Parallel 1:192
Printing Plate 1:248
Munchkin Bonus Playing Card 1:111
Sketch Card 1:25
Creator Sketch Card 1:1670
Classic Creator Auto 1:417
Artist Base Card Auto 1:111
Comic Creator Auto 1:1670
WB Movie Auto 1:167
Buyback: 1:1246
Concept Parallel 1:48
"Extra Gore" 1:72
"Extra Gore" Gold Parallel 1:1113
Patch Relics 1:109
Medallion Relics 1:108
Loaded Sketch Packs (2) 1:1055
Loaded Sketch Packs (4) 1:3152

All odds are approximate, and i'm a little peeved they listed the "Extra Gore" and "Graffitti Parallels" which were intended to be unannounced short print variants... :/

Will see about an artist list this week.

Sketches will be one per box for sure, 1:25 is for the basic sketches, while other sketches like the 2-card and 4-card puzzles and creator sketch cards make up the rest.

posted Hide Post
Wow, lots to collect! I was hoping to get a buy back card but based on 8 boxes per case I'd need 6.5 cases!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
All of my cards have been approved, so I'll start sharing some. I won't overload the thread with pics, though. Smile

And one of my favorites:

...or we'll shoot this dog!

Love the National Lampoon reference, this one from the cover of the January 1973 issue. I have a nearly complete collection of them going back to 1970. Perhaps you can do an homage to the Mona Gorilla classic cover or the High School Yearbook cover. I'm thinking when the middle cheerleader's skirt twirls up, she has Martian legs (instead of the usual bare bottom).

Heck, though, you don't need my suggestions, obviously since this is the third time you've killed it on a Mar Attacks series. Keep it up, and congrats!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered my binder yesterday, can't wait for the case to arrive!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:

did you see these?

http://entertainment.topps.com...oster-value-set.html

posted Hide Post
those posters look sweet as!

question regarding the multiple parallel cards: are they numbered, a la Star Wars galactic files 1 & 2, galaxy 5 & 6? or unnumbered, a la galaxy 7 & mars attacks heritage?

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:

did you see these?

http://entertainment.topps.com...oster-value-set.html

Posts: 55 | Location: North Wales | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't work on production, so i don't want to say definitively, but I heard nothing about the parallels being numbered

Set is out THIS FRIDAY!!! So excited!!!

posted Hide Post
Is the autograph list finalized? At last count I see 5.
I know what I'll be doing on Friday..

Posts: 332 | Location: NJ | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've managed to order some binders from the Topps site. Will undoubtedly get stung for VAT/Handling Fee but at least I've been able to get some direct this time.

posted Hide Post
I should have a few boxes on my desk tomorrow morning. I'll bust some packs and share some pics!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I should have a few boxes on my desk tomorrow morning. I'll bust some packs and share some pics!

It is now tomorrow.... HURRY!!!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post