Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps Warcraft cancelled
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps Warcraft cancelled
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted
http://www.cardboardconnection...-movie-trading-cards

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Maybe they got a sneek peek at the movie. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Oh well, hope you'll all read my bit in New and Noteworthy about this set anyway. This is the second time I've written about a set for NSU and it was cancelled before the article came out.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:

This is the second time I've written about a set for NSU and it was cancelled before the article came out.

Very good of you to own up, at least we know who to blame. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Very good of you to own up, at least we know who to blame. Big Grin

Hahahaha! Ouch! :-P

I am still bummed out about Pacific Rim being cancelled. Would have been a very cool set.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
That's a shame, I was hoping I could pick up a Ben Foster autograph for my X-Men collection.

It's a shame movies don't get many cards these days outside of the handful of major franchises. Frown I can see why it gets difficult to produce even a simple base set, though.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not so fast Big Grin ...Topps has 1-card (1-hit) packs of this now available on their site for $15. Hits include single, dual, and triple autographs, costume and prop relic cards, autographed costume and relic cards, sketch cards, and (the dreaded) patch cards. Packs will only have 1 card. There are no base cards, only hits.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Good Grief!

With the exception of Ben Foster, I don't know a soul. Eek Should I?

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do you have a link to the site? When I went to the Topps website...I didn't see it. Thx

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Do you have a link to the site? When I went to the Topps website...I didn't see it. Thx

https://www.topps.com/topps-wa...7-trading-cards.html

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Was able to pick up 4 signed cards numbered to 25 for about 50 bucks.

Ben Foster
Anna Galvin
Burkely Duffield
Ryan Robbins

They all seem to have a decent IMDB presence. I thought Ben was great in 3:10 to Yuma.

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice! I think you got all the main autographs, but if you are looking for an adventure you can get packs of these for $5 now. I picked up some when they first went on sale and was happy with my pulls.

That said if you are thinking about buying packs the collation is really wonky, and it is really easy to tell the patch packs from the autograph/sketch packs.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All the autographs from this are pretty easy to get cheap. So are some sketches.

I was initially interested, then the movie came out and sucked so bad, I couldn't be bothered anymore. I'll wait for Ben Foster, Adam Kazinsky and Terry Notary, to sign for something good.

I thought the set design was really nice though, especially the costumes.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
All the autographs from this are pretty easy to get cheap. So are some sketches.

I was initially interested, then the movie came out and sucked so bad, I couldn't be bothered anymore. I'll wait for Ben Foster, Adam Kazinsky and Terry Notary, to sign for something good.

I thought the set design was really nice though, especially the costumes.

Of course the risk is if they ever are part of something for a card set again. Razz

These are cheap enough that I can fantasize that one of them will have a monster breakout moment in their career and then these cards will quickly disappear and then BOOM! Crazy Uber value!!

Strangely nothing about the film drew my interest. Game related stuff seems to have issues in the translation to an enjoyable movie.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Nice! I think you got all the main autographs, but if you are looking for an adventure you can get packs of these for $5 now. I picked up some when they first went on sale and was happy with my pulls.

That said if you are thinking about buying packs the collation is really wonky, and it is really easy to tell the patch packs from the autograph/sketch packs.

Not sure I would be interested in more that just a few signatures. Where are they still selling this stuff? Topps?

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

Not sure I would be interested in more that just a few signatures. Where are they still selling this stuff? Topps?

Seems like Blowout bought Topps out of these.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post