Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frank Oz
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted
This one should be fun, let the watchers commence!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40313...1:g:AeMAAOSwalxhNaVO

One sold on a true auction for $1567.00 Aug 22nd.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Beautiful example with as clean a signature as I've seen on one of these. Further, with Frank's recent highly critical comments regarding Disney's ownership of the Muppets, it's hard to imagine he'll be working for them again anytime soon, let alone signing cards for any of their properties, including Star Wars. It's already been 20 years since he signed this one. You have to figure they've tried to get him to sign again, certainly for their ultra high-end annual Stellar boxed set, but thus far to no avail.

Even so, 20k is a bridge way too far, especially for a widevision card, which lessens the value, even when it's the only game there is for a certified autograph card, which is the case here.

Still, you had a similar thread a couple years back regarding a Robert Downey, Jr. autograph card on auction, and that ultimately led to me selling mine for $2,400. (A little low as that eventually turned out, but I was/am happy with that sale).

I do have the Oz Yoda, and while I wouldn't sell it for the $1,500+ the auction brought, I can definitely beat 20k!

Posts: 3329 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post

Didn't realize some of them weren't signed very well. This one is mine and seems to be ok.

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I do have the Oz Yoda, and while I wouldn't sell it for the $1,500+ the auction brought, I can definitely beat 20k!

I did read that article and it definitely puts out a vibe that he has moved on. Not sure at what point I would sell but the potential for crazy value prices is there.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Why do some many people take photos at odd angles? It makes the card look distorted. Why not take one straight-on shot of the front and back?

It was funny to read that the Ebayer was selling for a friend who is firm on the price. It appears he's just fishing for an offer while pretending not to want one.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Why do some many people take photos at odd angles? It makes the card look distorted. Why not take one straight-on shot of the front and back?

I refuse to buy from sellers too lazy to put card backs in the listing. Unfortunately, even long before ebay card and comic sellers were generally people lacking in selling and customer service skills.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember back in the early 2000's that there was a seller who didn't attach any photos. He knew he was making less money as only buyers who knew him were bidding but it was a step too far for him.

I noticed that Ebay doesn't accept photos below a certain size but that hasn't stopped larger but still fuzzy photos from getting through

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I remember back in the early 2000's that there was a seller who didn't attach any photos. He knew he was making less money as only buyers who knew him were bidding but it was a step too far for him.

Corporate and Retail stores don't crank out all of those righteous bucks to study consumer psychology for nothin. Cool

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude: Corporate and Retail stores don't crank out all of those righteous bucks to study consumer psychology for nothin. Cool

I'm not sure the collectibles markets respond to consumer psychology anymore. More like mass hysteria and mob mentality. Big Grin

Its a great card for a big fan, but hard to fathom anything near 25% of that price. That's by my standard of course, which has been left in the dust by some of these autograph card sales.

Posts: 10411 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I'm not sure the collectibles markets respond to consumer psychology anymore. More like mass hysteria and mob mentality. Big Grin

Its a great card for a big fan, but hard to fathom anything near 25% of that price. That's by my standard of course, which has been left in the dust by some of these autograph card sales.

The card manufacturers are certainly keeping an eye on the psychology of the hysterical mob! Wink

I don't think I have seen one sell for more than $2K. I do check periodically and they are definitely drying up. Often you wont even see one for sale.