Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    LEGO Create The World Trading Cards (exclusive to Sainsbury's, UK)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LEGO Create The World Trading Cards (exclusive to Sainsbury's, UK)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
Originally posted by paul hart:
You can buy packs at 50p ! These are different design from regular ones -but you need a mix of each to get some different numbers!
Ps
I always have loads of baked beans Smile

So some numbers are exclusive to the 50p packs? Weird!
I would say some are exclusive to the free packs

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was informed on Friday by a Sainsbury's checkout lady that they will stop handing out the cards next week. She then gave me a handful of packets that the shopper in front did not want and then gave me another handful. She must have had big hands as the number of packets totalled 39. Regrettably the distribution was atrocious as I only found about 30 different cards from the 150 or so from I received.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Yes the collation has been appalling, I have had duplicate cards in the same packet! ! I have got 2 sets and am 8 cards short of a third.

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Sainsburys Wolverhampton is doing a swap shop to help people get the cards they need.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of the Sainsbury's near where I live had their swap shop during school half term. I only heard about afterwards. I only have 67 out of 140 so I have a long way to go.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This promotion ends today i think or maybe tommorrow, it was not on for long.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow this set is really popular with the kids, facebook is full of people wanting to swap cards and card swap meets have been set up.
A really nice boost for the hobby.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
Wow this set is really popular with the kids, facebook is full of people wanting to swap cards and card swap meets have been set up.
A really nice boost for the hobby.

This just shows that given the right price point kids are still very much intrested in collecting and trading cards.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Went to a Car Boot Sale yesterday and there was two or three people selling loose cards.

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Today from a member of my family I received nearly a complete set of these cards plus a whole load of duplicates. Whilst merging them with the cards I already had I discovered to my surprise that the card backs which are designed to enable a game of "dominoes" to be played vary as I have between 1-5 different backs for the bulk of the card numbers. Alas I am still short of a set requiring card nos 85 and 138.

regards

John

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

I discovered to my surprise that the card backs which are designed to enable a game of "dominoes" to be played vary as I have between 1-5 different backs for the bulk of the card numbers.

regards

John

I noticed this also, is anyone counting the diffrent backs as part of the set?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

I discovered to my surprise that the card backs which are designed to enable a game of "dominoes" to be played vary as I have between 1-5 different backs for the bulk of the card numbers.

regards

John

No, we surely can't be that sad

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

regards

John

If they are I have found 21 different backs. I have so far found an additional 108 cards and I not yet completed my basic set of 140 cards.

regards

John

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

Alas I am still short of a set requiring card nos 85 and 138.

regards

John

I have the two cards you need John, drop me your address and i will post them off to you. Wavey

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

regards

John

I have the two cards you need John, drop me your address and i will post them off to you. Wavey

And 85 is wolf guy! I have a spare 85 which might have a different back. Let me know if you want it.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

regards

John

Wolfie

Email with address details sent.

regards

John

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
quote:

regards

John

And 85 is wolf guy! I have a spare 85 which might have a different back. Let me know if you want it.

Hammer

Many thanks,I would be very glad to have it.

regards

John

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've just got loads of these sainsbury's cards and packs for the various sets.

If anyone needs any cards to complete sets etc please let me know.

I need three cards to complete the latest set ( Living Amazingly ) if anyone can help....... 76, 84, 108.