Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    LEGO Create The World Trading Cards (exclusive to Sainsbury's, UK)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LEGO Create The World Trading Cards (exclusive to Sainsbury's, UK)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
A curio, more than anything.

To promote the new LEGO World video game, there's a set of LEGO trading cards available exclusively from the Sainsbury's supermarket chain in the UK.

The set is a massive 140 cards, distributed in packs of 2 or 4 cards, given away in store and on their website at a rate of a pack of 4 cards for every £10 spent in store or online, and a pack of 2 cards for every £5 spent in their smaller convenience stores.

They can also be purchased for £0.50 per pack of 4 from their website.

The packs of 4 seem to contain 3 regular cards and 1 foil card (which is numbered within the main set).

The cards themselves are smaller than regular trading cards, measuring 5.5cm across and 8cm high. They all have a generic back showing the Create The World logo, and the fronts show LEGO characters (non-franchise) on the standard cards, and something which could be constructed on the foil cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think it is a fair bet that nobody will put a set of these together by buying grocery.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I think it is a fair bet that nobody will put a set of these together by buying grocery.

That's what I said as soon as I opened a couple of packs and got card #137 (at that time, I didn't realise the set was so big).

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Just broken 160 packets of 4 cards and still around 30 short of a set!! Not easy at all!! Eek

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paul hart:
Just broken 160 packets of 4 cards and still around 30 short of a set!! Not easy at all!! Eek

Man you buy a lot of food... Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:

Man you buy a lot of food... Wink

According to the Sainsburys website there is a maximum spend of £150 which would equal 15 packets. I expect Paul has a lot of friends who shop there or he may have acquired some boxes.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
According to the Sainsburys website there is a maximum spend of £150 which would equal 15 packets. I expect Paul has a lot of friends who shop there or he may have acquired some boxes.

No, no. It's much more likely he's spent £1,600 in 11 different trips, just to get the cards. He now has a basement entirely full of tins of baked beans. Right, Paul? Wink

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Cards are nice though

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Not only will they be massivly difficult to put a set together but i'm not sure if i would even want them. They are a massive come down from the Disney sets that were done a few years ago.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just acquired two packets of 4 cards. There are packets with only two cards (given away in their smaller stores). Out of the 8 cards 2 cards were duplicates so in is not surprising that they will be difficult to collect a full set. The cards are manufactured by Ventum GMBH under license from the Lego Group, they measure 55mm x 80mm whereas the Disney cards mentioned by Hammer were produced by Cartamundi.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
You can buy packs at 50p ! These are different design from regular ones -but you need a mix of each to get some different numbers!
Ps
I always have loads of baked beans Smile

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just acquired two packets of 4 cards. There are packets with only two cards (given away in their smaller stores). Out of the 8 cards 2 cards were duplicates so in is not surprising that they will be difficult to collect a full set. The cards are manufactured by Ventum GMBH under license from the Lego Group, they measure 55mm x 80mm whereas the Disney cards mentioned by Hammer were produced by Cartamundi.

regards

John

That was wolfie not me

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Anyone trying to get these? Looking to trade for a few

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

regards

John

That was wolfie not me

Hammer

Many apologies for mixing you up with Wolfie, the two duplicated cards I have are nos 082 and 137.

regards

John

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can buy packs at 50p ! These are different design from regular ones -but you need a mix of each to get some different numbers!
Ps
I always have loads of baked beans Smile

So some numbers are exclusive to the 50p packs? Weird!

Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Hi
Wouldnt say they are exclusive in some types of packs-i have no idea! But that was my experience!
Could be regional and that someone in south different from north with how batches ate distributed! But they not the easiest set to complete Smile

posted Hide Post
I found this article in The Sun about this set
Lego Article

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The problem is it appears they opted for cheap printing this time round instead of going back to Cartamundi who did the disney cards, this unfortunatly is what you end up with.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Heh, have to say in all the packs I opened I didn't have any of those problems. The only quirk was that one of the packs had two of the same card in.

But then, given that I have seen all of the problems mentioned occur in "professional" sets, is it really that outrageous that it happened in a freebie? I don't think so.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Opened plenty of packs and no problems with any of mine other than one pack had 3 cards and one pack had 5 cards. No poorly cut cards