Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr Who Monster Invasion
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Who Monster Invasion
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Looks like the retail tin contains a Rory signiture card.:

http://merchandise.thedoctorwh...rds-2nd-set-details/

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

Is each auto actually a hand signed auto or are these just printed copies of a single auto?

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
the doctor one looks printed its in gold and says THE DOCTOR classified ultra rare

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardster:
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

Is each auto actually a hand signed auto or are these just printed copies of a single auto?

I got issue #11 today, the bonus card is, as expected, a foil stamped signature, but it is very nice and you get TWO packs of the extreme cards with this issue.

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Without realising it I made my 900th post yesterday with the following

Posted September 28, 2011 08:38 AM

The second series of the Doctor Who Monster Invasion Extreme set has now been released. The Official Autograph card issued with Issue 11 of the magazine is a facsimile autograph not signed as Matt Smith but as "The Doctor XXX" numbered 1/3. Set of 180 cards with numbering continued from the end of the last series.Some of the cards I've seen depict photographs from the current TV series.

To cap it all I posted it under the wrong thread.

I am now adding the following to what I wrote

Similarly the "Rory" autograph card was issed yesterday Numbered 3/3. I am assuming that the "Amy Pond" autograph card is numbered 2/3 and will be "signed" in the same way.

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I got a couple more issues of #11, so I have two spare Doctor signature cards if anybody has trouble finding this issue. (Large supermarkets are carrying this title in the UK.)

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got mine from WH Smith.

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
As far as i can tell.

The Doctor....magazine #11

Amy...must be purchased, only available to magazine subscribers.

Rory...in the retail tin.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Just purchased the magazine and got an Ultra Rare in my pack. Bouncey

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
finished my set wolfie just need the 1-1000 card as always

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
I cant find these mags anywhere Mad

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Finished your set. Eek

That pack in my magazine is all i have so far. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
you know me mr wolf if I cant get it done first week , I lose interest 6 cards off my second set

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
I cant find these mags anywhere Mad

Because there are two packs in this particular issue (£2.60), it is actually cheaper than buying two packs out of a box (£3.00) and you get the limited card!

If you are missing that limited Doctor card, just let me know and I will send you one. Wave

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Everyone may or may not know this already, but Diamond finally worked out a U.S. distribution deal for these and they should arrive in comic stores this coming Wednesday, March 14th.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I have heard to next set will be released in the magazine only. Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That is going to make things intresting. I bet the magazine sales were not good with people buying the cards in the shops.

The problem i have seen so many times in the past with this though is you buy 52 weekly magazines in order to collect all the cards only to find 6 months later that the company has dumped all the cards now the magazine has finished and you can buy the full set for next to nothing.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Issue 32 is now out. This includes the first 6 cards from the new ultimate set and the set will only be available with the magazines.

It also comes with the first of 5 special flip cards.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Further to Wolfie's post above I managed to find a copy of the Magazine (issue 32). The new set appears to be called Dotor Who Monster Invasion Ultimate Collection Limited Edition. According to the packaging the set consists of 126 cards available only with parts 32-52 of the magazine. Each pack will contain 5 Rare cards and 1 Ultra Rare card. My packet of cards had numbers 346 (marked as Ultra Rare), the ollowing marked Rare 362, 393, 412, 430, 451 plus card 472 packed separately as a loose card (this is also marked as Ultra Rare). I presume that every packet with issue 32 of the magazine will contain the same cards as otherwise you won't be able to collect the set. Card 472 is called a "Flip" card because it can be turned upside down to reveala different game card. I will endeavour to post a picture very soon.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
In addition to that issue 33 will contain a flip card but only in the subscriber issues. There will not be one in the newsagents issues.