Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr Who Monster Invasion
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Who Monster Invasion
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
A new set is about to be released on the UK public. This is the latest Battles in Time set and will consist of the usual magazine and cards.

Cards are bang up to date and include the Silence from the currect episodes.

Subscribers have been informed of the launch date.

Release date is May 5th. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfie,

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
These are not Battles in Time but the full release of the test set that was released at the begining of the year.

Test thread http://nonsportupdate.infopop....55604453/m/476102224

More info

"Monster Invasion is a new collectible Doctor Who trading card game, similar to Battles in Time (but better). Doctor Who: Monster Invasion features 165 cards to collect ranging from common cards all the way through to rare cards, and includes some awesome new types of special / rare card including scratch ’n’ sniff Adventure cards to cards that create 3-D characters online at doctorwhomi (that's right, they have a code you can use on the online game just like Moshi Monsters). There is even a totally rare, must-have, Infinitecard, which actually moves (how awesome does that sound?)."

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This was advertised in last weeks Radio Times on page 64 which if you subscribe to the Dr Who Monster Invasion magazine you will receive 9 exclusive gifts with the first five deliveries e.g. a Squirty screwdriver, a Doctor Who rucksack. According to the advertising it the ultimate magazine and trading card collection for young Dr Who fans.

Posts: 2120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
ahhhahhhh !!
will never see this as I live in Canada Frown

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
battles in time were nice looking cards and fun to collect with almost every character,but advancement in card collecting (which have not yet reached the bbc ) is now important to every card release,for die hard dr who fans,these new cards are great,but i m afraid i can t get excited about,foil stamped,motion,sniff cards etc,there has to be auto's,and this is one show that as had about 200 guest appearances.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone even seen the rare infinite card 090. Personally I question whether it actually exists as I have never seen one on ebay which is unusual to say the least.

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:

there has to be auto's,

No NO NO, there does not have to be autos. A lot of us get by collecting cards without worrying about autos. To put one autograph in one packet in a box of these cards would increase the cost of each pack from £1.50 to £3.50 and would immediatly stop most kids from ever buying a pack.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone even seen the rare infinite card 090. Personally I question whether it actually exists as I have never seen one on ebay which is unusual to say the least.

It does exist as I pulled one. Big Grin

There is one on eBay at the moment.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I'm with Wolfie
- some sets you need to make less expensive
so kids will get into this market
so it will survive in the future
a good chase card is just as nice as an autograph to me

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I also agree that I could care less if there were autographs. I'd be happy just to have trading cards for each episode, with character cards as inserts... kind of like Cornerstone did years ago.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I sort of agree,I collect Dr Who,the Battles In Time,with all he characters are great looking cards,the Cornerstone series 1 2 + 3 were also brilliant cards (there were autos by the way,I had an Elizabeth Sladen) and in one of the strictly ink sets there was a section of about 10 cards on the missing episodes,which I loved,but after all that,I think it is time to have some nice auto cards Razz

the last set by merlin/topps were rubbish

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Match of the Day magazine issue 159 has a free pack of card attached to the cover. I picked one up this morning:

The Slitheen is a Ultra Rare scratch and sniff and the foil episode card (top left) is a rare card that comes with a code to use at doctorwhomi.com

Set break down:
9 cards per pack at £1.50 per pack
165 cards in total with 130 common,17 Rare(one a pack),12 Super Rare(3 in every 10 packs),5 Ultra Rare(1 in every 10 packs) and The Infinite Card(1 in 1000 packs)

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These have hit the shops Smile Smile Smile
Managed to get 10 packs on the way to work Smile
So far I am impressed with the set, it has remnants of the old Doctor Who Gaming Cards (Battles in Time)
The only thing I am annoyed about is the fact that the UR Cards are not Lenticular Frown Frown Frown
Bearing that in mind, it's a lot better than I expected it to be!!!!!

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
Hey Paul
just need 2 cards #90 & #145 Big Grin

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No Surprises there lol
I got 10 Packs and out of the 10 packs, 1 UR and 5 SR's...... not bad Smile
Are they common ones????

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
I love Amy Pond
i know unrelated
just had to say it
Luv You

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A box has 24 packs inside, £36.00 pounds a box
As far as I know, you get 24 Rares in a box, 8 Super Rares and 2/3 Ultra rares per box.......
This will probably be one of the easiest game card sets to finish Smile Smile Smile
Sorry, did Torchwood gamecards set in a day!!!!!
2nd easiest card set to finish

kadran00157

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
their not as nice as the battles in time,nice cards of the little redhead and catherine jenkins though Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
there is also a magazine to go along with the set. Issue 1 is being sold on a big card back along with two packs of cards for £1.50. Just for fun I picked up a couple of copies from my local ASDA store and found 4 Rare and 3 Super Rare cards. One of the rares was a duplicate #160. Still, not bad for £3.00 and I can read the magazine too :-)

Issue 2 will include the first half of a Tardis storage box to keep your cards in along with another pack of cards. Issues 1, 2 and 3 all have part of a three part poster featuring the Doctor, Amy and some familiar monsters.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dr Who fans are easily pleased Razz