Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr Who Monster Invasion
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Who Monster Invasion
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the front of the "Flip" card

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

and the back

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

I am wondering if the "subscriber only" card will be the fifth "flip" card (Number 476) as the magazine only shows pictures of 4 out of the 5.

2/5 Number 473 - Amy Pond / Weeping Angel will be in issue 38
3/5 Number 474 - Eleventh Doctor / The Supreme will be in issue 45
4/5 Number 475 - Eleventh Doctor / The Doctor's Ganger will be in issue 52

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
In addition to that issue 33 will contain a flip card but only in the subscriber issues. There will not be one in the newsagents issues.

Wolfie

I understand that the subscriber only card "Silence Will Fall" No 476 will also be in Dr Who Adventures issue 280 which is due for publication on August 2nd.

regards

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
John do you mean the subscriber issue of that also, not the newsagent issue.?

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I believe that it will be the newsagent issue as part 33 of Dr Who Monster Invasion mentions it on page 3 botton right hand corner as follows and I quote:-

"Limited Edition Card Checkout this awesome card. It's Mega-Exclusive! Subscribers will get this card FREE with this issue of DWMI. You'll also find it inside Dr Who Adventures magazine issue 280. Available in all good newsagents from 2nd August!"

regards

John

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
How strange, we will wait and see.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:

I believe that it will be the newsagent issue as part 33 of Dr Who Monster Invasion mentions it on page 3 botton right hand corner as follows and I quote:-

"Limited Edition Card Checkout this awesome card. It's Mega-Exclusive! Subscribers will get this card FREE with this issue of DWMI. You'll also find it inside Dr Who Adventures magazine issue 280. Available in all good newsagents from 2nd August!"

regards

John

Thanks for the info John, it's a really nice promo card.

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Topps have the license from next year, although I guess what we will get is very much like what has gone before.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2...ard-game-on-way.html

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
...........and Topps Europe will be attending the Memorabilia show to promote it.

or maybe not.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Issue 32 is now out. This includes the first 6 cards from the new ultimate set and the set will only be available with the magazines.

It also comes with the first of 5 special flip cards.

At last I picked up the final issue (#52) today with the last 7 cards. Smile

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well done, that should be a card set that is worth a bit unless they now release all the cards to the public via the website.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:
Issue 32 is now out. This includes the first 6 cards from the new ultimate set and the set will only be available with the magazines.

It also comes with the first of 5 special flip cards.

At last I picked up the final issue (#52) today with the last 7 cards. Smile

I received my last two issues and cards last week, getting a box of the Dr Who Alien attax caused me to forget to post so thanks Womble for the reminder.

I also received a subscribers letter stating that issue 52 was the last in the collection. Unforntunately card 475 was glued to magazine cover and got slightly damaged when removing, I did however manage to obtain a replacement from the usual auction site.

regards

John