Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr Who Monster Invasion
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Who Monster Invasion
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Womble, please contact me. Wavey

Hi Wolfie, I am on holiday at the moment, I will send you an e-mail next week. Thumb Up

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Great stuff, thank you. Oh, and thank you. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apart from card 90 and the Ultra Rares, this has been a relatively easy card set to put together...... Thanks to a dealer on Sunday, I managed to finish my set Smile
Well except card 90..... Oh and the tin card wich I'll get at the next fair Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what the difference is between those cards with the colour backs and those with the black & white backs?

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The ones with the black & white backs are zebras. Big Grin

If you have cards with black & white backs i would think they are either fakes or misprints.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
Man I love DR WHO wish the sold these in the USA. I kill fot a set of these and the tardis storage box Frown

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Does anyone know what the difference is between those cards with the colour backs and those with the black & white backs?
The ones with the black and white panel on the back, usually a sort of geometric symbol, are the Super Rare 3D cards in this set. There are twelve different ones to collect. I haven't investigated exactly how it works but if you go to the Monster Invasion website and enter the special code on the front of the card you can unlock a 3-D version of the character on the front of the card. I really must get round to investigating this as I have most of the Super Rares now Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Raj

If you are referring to the colour of the Daleks then the black and white ones are likely to be from the Test set of 90. The numbering on the front in the green circle on the left hand side should help especially if compared against the same one with coloured backs. The Test set was numbered 1-90 and the official release set set was 1-180 with the first 90 being the same except for the backs and sub-set numbering in the green circle.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Thanks John.
I'm surprised that it's from a test set. I only got a few copies of the first of the magazine that packs were given away with and then have bought packs from a box in a comic shop.

The release has 165 cards, not 180 http://www.doctorwhomi.com/cards/

These are differences that made me pay attention. Both cards are the rare DOCTORDONNA numbered 30 but with slightly different images. The one with the yellow effect has the black&white Daleks on the back.

Yes, I've blanked out the codes.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
The release has 165 cards, not 180 http://www.doctorwhomi.com/cards/

Many thanks Raj

Whoops!! before Posting I checked the facts re the Test cards but neglected the official issue and relied on memory, an obvious wrong move on my part.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Here's a picture of the 2 different wrappers.

The one with the colour Daleks says 165 cards in the set.
The one with the black & white Daleks says 90 cards in the set.

Both were picked up at different times from boxes in the same comic shop.

I haven't worked out how to tell the difference between the super-rare 3D cards between the 2 releases.

added
Super-rare 3D Bronze Daleks card 32 is
Monster 2/26 & 4/6 in the 'test set'
Monster 2/37 & 7/12 in the full release

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raj,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Okay worked out one difference.

There are 26 monster cards of which there are 6 super-rare 3D cards in the test set (card on the left).
The full release has 37 monster cards with 12 super-rare 3D cards (card on the right).

See http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/D...ho:_Monster_Invasion for test release info.

They're also more cunning in the full release.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raj,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Raj

The test set has

69 Common cards
10 Rare cards
6 Super Rare cards
4 Ultra Rare cards
1 Infinite Regeneration (Card 90)

The "Full Release" set has

130 Common cards
17 Rare cards
12 Super Rare cards
5 Ultra Rare cards
1 Infinite Regeneration (Card 90)

Other than their numbering I have noticed that the following cards have differences

1,2,11,12,13,14,15,21,22,23,24,25,29,30,31,32,35,36,46,47,48,49,51,54,56,59,60,66,69,70,73,76,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89

I haven't been able to compare three cards from the test set since I don't have them (nos 55,83,90) although I do have a complete Full Release set.

Some of the differences are minor text repositioning or changes, some are Power Rating changes (see the scan of card 32 above re the "cunning" rating, some cards have gone from being common to rare etc. or vice versa, other are picture changes or differences and at least one card is a complete change, card 56 of the Full Release set has been treated so that it glows in the dark. It's possible that I may have missed some cards out.

regards

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Here's card 83 from the test set.

It's a common in full release.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Raj. I have amended the listing.

regards

John

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think the cards with the black and white backs you are referring to are the ones with codes on that can be used to play games at the website.

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Card 55 from the test set

I'm not going to hold my breath for card 90.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Amazon UK has a pre order available for a tin for Series 2 due out 14th September does anyone have any more information on Series 2?

The tin contains 5 packs of cards (9 cards in a pack) plus a bonus card.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Series 2?

I havn't completed series 1 yet. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm on subscription for this set, sad I know Big Grin This morning the postman brough me Issue 10 of the magazine along with the final 'subscription only' free gift of a Monster Invasion Back Pack and another pack of cards.

In addition, there were two letters with news about what comes next. Issue 11 of the magazine will feature a special edition Doctor autograph card which will only be available with that issue of the magazine. Judging by the info on the back page of Issue 10, this card will be included with every copy not just subscription issues. This card will be part of the new Doctor Who Monster Invasion Extreme card collection. This features 180 new cards including six new Super Rare 3-D cards and a scary new Infinite card. Extreme cards will be available in shops from 28th September.

The second letter was to announce the forthcoming release of a collector tin for the new Extreme set. This will be like the previous tin but with a picture of the Silence on the lid. It will contain five of the new Extreme packs along with a special limited edition Amy Pond autograph card signed by Karen Gillan. It also states that the tin and autograph card will only be available to subscribers, so don't expect to see them popping up in the shops. They are also supposed to be in very limited supply. Subscribers will be getting Issue 11, Issue 12 and their tin (if they ticked the box to get it automatically) in about five weeks time. That might give me time to find cards 56 and 100 from the first set (I've given up on the Infinite 90 card) to complete my initial collection Thumb Up

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post