Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 / Update Set
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 / Update Set
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
These have now been put back to the 19th August!
Alexei

Posts: 14 | Location: Nottingham, United Kingdom | Registered: June 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scifitradingcards:
These have now been put back to the 19th August!
Alexei

Maybe they want to wait for the DVD release.

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One been confirmed as the 12th

Posts: 14 | Location: Nottingham, United Kingdom | Registered: June 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
At this point, Artbox should abandon it's plan to do the autos and filmcards in one release and the costumes and props in another. The cards should be put back together for one release just like all of the other sets.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
I questioned if this is what they were doing, but unfortunately, it is not. As this may be the last Harry Potter release in trading cards, I am very disappointed in the change of format. It's hard to get excited for the set with it set up the way it is.

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of richscards
posted Hide Post
Man am I glad I passed on this release. I didn't think there was any way to make any money on this product, but to release it after the movie has come and gone is a real shame. Good luck to those who bought. Hopefully the winner cards will help out.

Posts: 178 | Location: SF Bay Area, USA | Registered: August 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rns91294:
I questioned if this is what they were doing, but unfortunately, it is not. As this may be the last Harry Potter release in trading cards, I am very disappointed in the change of format. It's hard to get excited for the set with it set up the way it is.

do you mean that they don't intend to do the update with costume/props from DH2? only the auto set...?

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Seems like they're running out of time to do anything to me. It's August, and the end of the year (when the license likely runs out) is going to be upon them fast especially with these "winner" cards/tickets

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Makes one wonder if the "winner" cards will be redeemed. Confused

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

As long as one of the "Winner" cards isn't a Mad Eye auto, we should be ok.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

As long as one of the "Winner" cards isn't a Mad Eye auto, we should be ok.

LOL,

It is sad to see the end of this card series. My favorite cards ever Thumb Up This freakin economy is just taking a toll on everyone. Without expendable incomes these licenses will just not survive. Shake Head

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
quote:
Originally posted by rns91294:

do you mean that they don't intend to do the update with costume/props from DH2? only the auto set...?

I think rns91294 is looking at the auto/filmcard and costume/prop sets together as being the last release from the last movie. There hasn't been any word that Artbox will not produce the costume/prop set. We just don't know when it will be released, especially given the delays with the auto/filmcard set.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
Thanks kbmum. That is exactly what I meant.

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
I just got a reply from Artbox to an email about redemption cards and the DH2 set. That email says that this set will ship to wholesalers this week.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Artbox began shipping cases today, starting with east coast distributors. The official release date is August 19.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Autograph cards are now available on eBay's auction-style listings Smile

Posts: 6 | Location: Thailand | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
The puzzle autos look horrendous. There are no pictures of the actors, nor are their names printed on the front of the cards. They look like any trading card a fan might take to a show or convention to be signed. I hope there's more info on the backs of the cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I think the puzzle autos look quite neat!

Maybe because I like the idea of getting posters/larger items signed at shows, so having the cards make a larger image is certainly a change of pace and an interesting way to do some auto cards.

Sure its nicer for the individual actor to have tradional portrait shot auto card but I don't think we're missing out given the no-names on the puzzle.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
While I liked the idea of a 9 card puzzle autograph set it was done VERY badly. I can't really read any of the autographs. Why didn't they have the actors sign in sliver so that the auto would show up?

The other thing I didnt like about the set was the puzzle of Harry/He Who Must Not Be Named, why don't both sides match up when put in a holder? How hard is it to print something on both sides and have it line up?

Apart from those complaints I did like the over all look for the cards and the "real" auto cards were cool. I still wish they would have started a "World of Potter" auto design so that they all matched.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
While I liked the idea of a 9 card puzzle autograph set it was done VERY badly. I can't really read any of the autographs. Why didn't they have the actors sign in sliver so that the auto would show up?

Because that would have been too easy. lol. I completely agree with you.

quote:
The other thing I didnt like about the set was the puzzle of Harry/He Who Must Not Be Named, why don't both sides match up when put in a holder? How hard is it to print something on both sides and have it line up?

This really aggravated me too. I got only two boxes and am one card shy of being able to put a second set of these together. I would like to so that I am able to have the puzzle correct for each character. Of course, now I have to hunt down that one card. It would have been so nice to have this line up properly.

I also liked the overall look of the set...a lot of almost duplicate base cards though. I really did like the looks of the regular autos, but the puzzle for the puzzle autos is just too dark. They really needed either better pens for signing or a lighter puzzle.