Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 / Update Set
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 / Update Set
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Cant wait to see this set! and also how ltd the autos are as well!
Alexei

Posts: 14 | Location: Nottingham, United Kingdom | Registered: June 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's what the autograph cards look like Smile

Hermione Granger

Albus Dumbledore

Death Eater

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tsuyu,

Posts: 6 | Location: Thailand | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rns91294:
My guess is since there are 9 of the puzzle autos that they make up a 9 card set like the foil cards in previous sets (R1-R9). So yeah, you can collect them individually, but if you get all 9, the backs will probably form a picture.
And the picture on the back will be of Alan Rickman and Robbie Coltrane with a "Couldn't be bothered to put pen to paper" logo whilst both holding a Brendon Gleeson redemption card Roll Eyes

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by rns91294:
My guess is since there are 9 of the puzzle autos that they make up a 9 card set like the foil cards in previous sets (R1-R9). So yeah, you can collect them individually, but if you get all 9, the backs will probably form a picture.
And the picture on the back will be of Alan Rickman and Robbie Coltrane with a "Couldn't be bothered to put pen to paper" logo whilst both holding a Brendon Gleeson redemption card Roll Eyes

Love it! Too funny.

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Actually Artbox are kicking themselves for not thhinking of this Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I don't know about Robbie Coltrane, but Alan Rickman is very hard to get ttm since he is so busy. He will also 100% not sign anything HP. So that may be why!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:
I don't know about Robbie Coltrane, but Alan Rickman is very hard to get ttm since he is so busy. He will also 100% not sign anything HP. So that may be why!

That always used to be his stance but he has been much more complimentary about the role lately so I would not rule out him signing if asked now.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I dont know...Iam getting tried of hearing that Rickman wont sign any stuff for Potter. If he hates the role so much then why didnt he leave it? Face it he will be known for the rest of time for this role. 8 movies later this generation will only know him as Snape. I know he doesnt owe us anything, however come on!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HPCollector2011
posted Hide Post
I totally agree with all of the posters who were disappointed with the HBPU release. It was a very poor set with not much of interest in it.

I have an HBP card "unofficially" signed by Rickman. He and Robbie Coultrain seem to have the same idea about their fans not having to pay for their autographs. Unfortunately, not all of us ever get somewhere we can get their autographs for free, so it would have been nice if they'd signed this last set.

I've also heard on a couple of HP forums that Rickman is relaxing his stance on not signing HP items. Before, it seemed he was a bit tired of signing something for a "fan," only to see it on e-bay next day for a gazillion dollars. But, now he seems to be signing items. Maybe he figures if he floods the market people won't be scrambling so hard to get something. LOL

I've also read in several places that Artbox has had a difficult time getting WB to part with any prop or costume bits as WB is opening some kind of museum in Britain and also wants the stuff for the World of Harry Potter theme park.

Question: If the DH 2 second release with the costume and prop items is Artbox's last HP release, will this increase or decrease the value of the currently released sets? I just saw a piece of Harry's letter from Hogwart's from Sorcerer's Stone go for $380+ a couple of weeks ago.

Posts: 30 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Artbox has changed the ship date for this one to August 3rd

Accordingly, they have moved the orders due date to July 22nd.

They cite "conflicts with production" being the cause of the delay.

Wouldn't surprise me if one of the conflicts was low order numbers. Roll Eyes

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have written to Alan Rickman a few times. He was very good about signing the photos I sent...As long as it wasn't Harry Potter. Hopefully, the rumor of him signing Potter items is true. I would love for him to sign one of my custom cards.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
Why would he refuse to sign something Harry Potter for you if it was for you and not something you were trying to sell?

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
A celebrity wouldn't know if an individual was going to keep or sell an autographed item.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
Unless it was maybe personalized to the person.

Picture of HPCollector2011
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
I have written to Alan Rickman a few times. He was very good about signing the photos I sent...As long as it wasn't Harry Potter. Hopefully, the rumor of him signing Potter items is true. I would love for him to sign one of my custom cards.

Where do you write to him? I'd really like to get a Sense and Sensibility picture signed. I love his Col. Brandon.

A couple of people I correspond with on line have seen him in person and met him, and he's signed HP things for people waiting for autographs. The celebs don't always have time to do a full "To You From Me" autograph, most of the time they're just scribbling something that looks like their names as books, posters and such are being thrust at them. So, it would be difficult to tell if the person wanted the autograph for themselves or just to make money with.

Maybe if ArtBox had offered to make a donation to his favorite charity he might have signed cards for them -- they are going to be making money off them, they could write off a donation or two.

I hear Rickman has Snape's original wand and a few other props that he is going to sell for charity. That's great.

So, now they're not releasing the DH 2 sets until August??? I pre-ordered two boxes, and just heard from the distributor today about my account balance and they never mentioned anything about a delay. My understanding is the pre-orders had to be in last weekend to get the lower price and the cards would be shipped the 22nd of July.

Posts: 30 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i spent 3 days trying to get robbie coltrane to sign anything. he was here in the uk .there was only me him and a cammera guy and a helper .he would not talk to me and was the most missarable person i have come accross. eventually the helper persuadded him to sign both ordinnary and haggrid pictures but he refused any photos at all. (thanks to trekie for the tip off)

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vampy:
i spent 3 days trying to get robbie coltrane to sign anything. he was here in the uk .there was only me him and a cammera guy and a helper .he would not talk to me and was the most missarable person i have come accross. eventually the helper persuadded him to sign both ordinnary and haggrid pictures but he refused any photos at all. (thanks to trekie for the tip off)

That's sad because his character as Hagrid is such a pleasant guy. You sometimes forget that the actual actor is not always the same person as their character.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Artbox updated their website with Comic Con information. I think this is the only update they have done the past several years. I wonder what will be available at the show versus what could have been put in to their product.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen many pre-sells of this release and it has been pretty quite. Did anyone get any updates from Artbox booth at Comic Con? Is the release date still next week?

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
Haven't seen many pre-sells of this release and it has been pretty quite. Did anyone get any updates from Artbox booth at Comic Con? Is the release date still next week?

IIRC, there wasn't much info released at SDCC. I hope that the release date is staying the same- they can't delay much longer as the movie has been out for a couple of weeks now and the Potter excitement is probably starting to wane now. Plus, I want my three boxes that I decided to preorder while Potter fever was high again!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post