Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 / Update Set
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 / Update Set
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted
Any information out there regarding a next Artbox release?

I really hope they put one out. Will there be update sets for both Deathly Hallow parts or just a release for each one?

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ra$
posted Hide Post
Hi

There will be an update for both set as we are talking about Artbox, They have nothing to release other then HP

I bet my money they will be one more set after DHP2 Update...

Posts: 97 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
From what I've heard, there will be a Deathly Hallows Part 1 update set in the spring, a Deathly Hallows Part 2 set to coincide with the movie release in July, and a Deathly Hallows Part 2 update set sometime in the fall.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, but interest is really waning for Harry Potter cards. At least from my point of view.

I can't imagine we need 3 releases this year, especially with 2 of them being updates.

I would rather see a set for part 2 and then 1 update for both movies. That's a more realistic approach.

But, Artbox has nothing else we know of in the works. So, they'll probably keep cranking out the Potter sets.

Another 3D set...
Another Memorable Moments set...
Another Poster set?
the possibilities are endless as long as people keep buying.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm pretty bored with the Potter cards myself. Just too much of the same old thing. If they ever manage to get Ralph Fiennes or Alan Rickman to sign then they may peak my interest. They just need to get more creative with their cards. The quad auto/costume they did for Goblet of Fire was pretty cool, imagine a card like that for the main 3. They just need to get creative and freshen it up a bit.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ra$
posted Hide Post
I agree with you guys im pretty much bored of HP my self artbox just do the same old thing over and over again, i was hyped up on HP few years back as HP is my favorite movie but now im just not hyped on it no longer, i'm never up bit about any of the release course i know they will be the samething. But i do pick up the odd prop cards if they interest me but other then that its the same old thing again we get Frown

I'm with you robomole artbox do need to get creative and freshen it up!

Posts: 97 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am a hp nut so I will keep buying! I would love to see a super premium set with all patches, variants, and multiple autos!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
I've just heard that there will NOT be an update set for the Deathly Hallows Part 1 movie. Supposedly, Artbox is planning a different type of set, but no details are available.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i was wondering this,if there was a deathly hallows part one,part two release,i was told that deathly hallows part two was going to be the part two set and there was no part two of part one,but as harry potter sets go,i realise there should be a part two of part one and then a part two of part two.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I think it would be better to do a Deathly Hallows part 2, then a Deathly Hallows: The Complete Update or Movie or something along those lines

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I'm not as excited about Harry Potter cards any more either to be honest but I'd be hard pressed to think of how Artbox could 'freshen things up', without the obvious "sketch cards"! I see the complaint multiple times above but with few suggestions as to what people would prefer.

And to a point I disagree, there seems to be a good sense of stylistic continuity bewteen the cards from all sets, which surely is a good thing for HP collectors? Other manufacturers seem to get much praise from the fans when cards from the same licence match up from set to set over the years, why wouldn't Arbox follow suit?

Also, I'd say there has been some experimentation... the autographs being a good example: Philospher's Stone - Goblet of Fire Update had autos that had the same design tweaked for each film, then with Order of the Phoenix they started giving us fresh designs + portrait style cards in Memroable Moments (I think it was).

I think perhaps the waning interest is in part due to the fact we have had too much of a good thing? We have had a decent quality and quantity of prop cards right from the very beginning and in only their second HP set, in terms of autograpgs, Artbox gave us the three main characters who have be released numerous times in subsequent sets. And over the years we've had nearly all the British Luvvies as well:
Gary Oldman, Michael Gambon, David Thewlis, Julian Glover, Maggie Smith, Kenneth Brannagh, Jason Isaacs, Roger Lloyd Pack, Helena Bonham Carter, Brendan Gleeson, Fiona Shaw, Richard Griffiths, Toby Jones, Julie Walters to name a few.
That is a STUNNING list of autographs when you think about it, but at this stage that's half the problem. The films are just about done and the only cards we really need are:
Alan Rickman, Robbie Coltrane, Ralph Fiennes, Timothy Spall, Mark Williams and Emma Thompson. All of which I doubt we'd ever see!

Ed, as a dealer who sells the things I'd be interested to hear your more of your thoughts on why your interest is waning, plus any passing comments from your HP customers would be insightful. I think the point you raise about over-saturation is a very valid one as well: we have had a LOT of HP sets since POA in 2004.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Memo from Artbox/Distributors:

Thank you for the wait –

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2 FROM ARTBOX COMING SOON!!

Details to follow for the LAST and FINAL Movie Set.

Info coming soon!!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:

Details to follow for the LAST and FINAL Movie Set.

Does this just mean card set for the final movie or last Potter set they will make altogether? I would have thought Artbox would continue making these sets even after the movies are finished.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I'm not as excited about Harry Potter cards any more either to be honest but I'd be hard pressed to think of how Artbox could 'freshen things up', without the obvious "sketch cards"! I see the complaint multiple times above but with few suggestions as to what people would prefer.

I promise that there would be no redemption cards would be very nice off the bat. Quite frankly I got burned waiting on a late redemption a few years back and, even though a got it almost 2 years later, I never wanted to be bothered with it again.

Also one autograph card per box is a tough sell when you can find product carrying 3 and even 4 per box. If more than one was guaranteed it would increase my interest a lot.

Then if Artbox could land any of those missing signers that would be a really big plus. Personally I would absolutely buy for a chance at a Rickman card.

Finally, to answer your question, I think interest in HP has waned simply because of the passage of time. Its not like Bond where every film can stand on its own and the viewer need not have seen the last movie to know what's happening. HP is one running storyline and the casual observer doesn't understand all the connections. The main actors are now too old for the parts and all 3 seemed to be doing a bit of running through the motions in the DH1. If the actors looked bored what can you expect from the fans? Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The movie will be released in three weeks and we have no information about the set at all, how in the world does Artbox expect to generate interest in this set when other manufacturers go to great lenghts to promote and generate interest in their sets? How cool is it that we got see all the sketches and autos from Vampirella, or the communicator pins from Star Trek TNG? That type of promotion gets collectors interested, especially those who may not be all that familiar with the sets. A bad job by Artbox, a shame.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
That type of promotion gets collectors interested, especially those who may not be all that familiar with the sets. A bad job by Artbox, a shame.

You're right, but that's Artbox's business model. It has been called out before for not advertising and nothing changes.

I guess Artbox feels that people who collect HP cards will buy whether they know what's in the set or not, but it generates no interest among other card collectors and it does nothing to get new collectors.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
You should see details today I was told

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Given that all the characters have a large part to play in this last movie... one can only hope that Artbox pulled out all the stops to get those last few Actors on board to sign.

I feel some double Autos, maybe even triple being announced!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
You should see details today I was told

Tom

As I am still a huge Harry Potter & Artbox fan I Can't wait!!! Elephant Elephant Elephant

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I bet it won't be on their web-site Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post