Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 / Update Set
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 / Update Set
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
It was actully a lot more difficult for me to put together an auto set for this release especially tracking down the 25 case incentive.
Very few have been listed on ebay. This will probably end up being one of the harder autographs to obtain since this was only a 4000 box / 400 case release and very few 25 case incentives showing up. Not one listed right now!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
While we love all of the Harry Potter sets our favourite cards are the Autographs. If the next release doesn't have any at all this might be the end of our collection. From what I can see the Puzzle Autographs are very dark and I wasn't so keen on them before we got our case. We were lucky enough to just get 10 normal character autographs (although we only got 5 different cards with multiples). The other 6 single autographs shouldn't be so hard to get. The incentives will be however....

Cheers, Pete.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
See now,. our favorites are the props, so I am really looking forward to the next set. Just hope they are inserted more than 3 per case, sort of like the filmcards were in this one.

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HPCollector2011
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
While I liked the idea of a 9 card puzzle autograph set it was done VERY badly. I can't really read any of the autographs. Why didn't they have the actors sign in sliver so that the auto would show up?

Agree. They should have been signed in gold or silver pen. Also, it would have been nice if all of them had actually appeared in the movie...

quote:
The other thing I didnt like about the set was the puzzle of Harry/He Who Must Not Be Named, why don't both sides match up when put in a holder? How hard is it to print something on both sides and have it line up?

That was almost like forcing us to buy two puzzle sets to have a complete puzzle of each.

quote:
Apart from those complaints I did like the over all look for the cards and the "real" auto cards were cool. I still wish they would have started a "World of Potter" auto design so that they all matched.

I love the overall look of the set. My biggest complaints are:

Autographs of characters who weren't in the movie.

The lack of continuity with the DH 1 Set. They should have either issued a DH 1 "update" in the same style or a totally different set. This one has the similar style with the main auto cards, i.e. the red wax seal, but different background.

Biggest complaint: DH 2 centered around Snape's story along with the final battle of Hogwarts. There is no portrait card of Snpae and only two cards in the 54 (also an irksome point) base card set.

Does anyone at Artbox ever watch the movies before they issue the base set cards? It would be nice if they got them in chronological order. Just like DH 1, they are all over the place.

The colors and designs for the film cel and portrait cards is beautiful and it is a really nice looking set. But, it almost like they just threw it together.

As for the economy affecting the sale of cards, I've seen two Snape costume cards sell for $122 and $132 respectively in the past few weeks, and other auto cards going for $75+ on a regular basis. So, there's money out there if the product is right.

Posts: 30 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
No one at Artbox sees the movie before the cards are designed and manufactured. Warner Bros. gives them images to use. Many images are held until after the movie's release (for the update set) because WB doesn't want to give away certain parts of the plot prior to release. If there is no portrait card of Snape (or any other image that's missing), it's most likely due to WB not authorizing it.

For instance, the Memorable Moments set has an Aunt Petunia costume card. Everyone thought it was a mistake, because the picture on the front features Aunt Marge floating away. If you look carefully, you can see Petunia in the background. Kay told menthat was the only Petunia image WB would approve.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone have word on HP Prop / Costume Edition? I hope they still pull out at least one more set with props & costumes! Gotta have moreSmile

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
It's supposed to come out in December.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That would be a wonderful christmas present to myself Big Grin I hope it is true!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So is this set still a possibility or a no go? Now all the movies are out on blu-ray and will be going in to the vault for some time I hope they get at least one more set!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:
It's supposed to come out in December.

early december ? or to late to have in time for christmas in the u k december Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Last I heard it was supposed to be just before Christmas. Which means New Years for most of the UK buyers.

There has not been a solicitation for orders yet, so who knows what Artbox is going to do. All we can do is wait and see.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's cool.If any one have ides about the website or the store address of costume, please share here.

Posts: 1 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Its almost mid December, I doubt we are going to see anything. I want at least one last set, otherwise I will have to wait for years until some prequels are written than made into movies Confused

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So is Harry Done for good? Last rumor was a christmas release. Anybody?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
No one at Artbox answers the phone or replies to e-mail. I don't have any inside info, but personally, I think HP cards and Artbox (in the U.S.) are done.

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I heard folks on other boards have gotten responses, and are getting redemptions back that were sent in late December. . . so there has been someone around recently. . .

I really like the creativity Artbox has, I hope they find more licenses!

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was really looking forward to more prop/costume cards for the part 2 set, but it's looking more and more unlikely to happen. Artbox has done a great job with the Potter cards and it's too bad it has seemed to just come to a sudden mysterious end! Hopefully there is some sort of news.

Posts: 153 | Location: Washington | Registered: September 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post