Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 / Update Set
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 / Update Set
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Do they have a website? Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
They do, but the most recent set on the site is Order of the Phoenix Update. That set was released in December 2007.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
You should see details today I was told

Tom

Tom,

Did Artbox end up providing any details yet?

Thx

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Not yet

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Information just released

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
More details than normal...

quote:
This will be the Autograph Edition, to be followed by Costume/Prop Editions.

Ship Date: July 15, 2011
Order Deadline: July 10, 2011

What to Collect:
400 cases
10 display boxes per case
8 cards per pack
YOU ARE A WINNER Card per case

72 Base card including 9 puzzle card, 9 clear card
9 Chase Cards
24 Autograph Cards (1 per box)
18 Filmcell Cards (6 per case)
4 Silver Etched Box Toppers
3 Sand Blast Crystal Card Case Toppers
“YOU ARE THE WINNER” Card randomly inserted

Binders are also available to showcase your collection

24 Autographs with new signers! 1 Auto per Box
Single Autos:
1. Emma Watson / Hermione Granger
2. Bonnie Wright / Ginny Weasley
3. Michael Gambon / Dumbledore
4. Warwick Davis / Griphook
5. John Hurt / Mr. Ollivander
6. Arben Bajraktaraj / Deatheater
7. Maggie Smith / Prof McGonagall
8. Matthew Lewis / Neville Longbottom
9. Chris Rankin / Percy Weasley
10. Georgina Leonidas / Katie Bell
11. David Bradley / Argus Filch

Puzzle Autos:
1. Jon Campling / Deatheater
2. Jamie Campbell Bower / Gellert Grindelwald
3. Michelle Fairley / Mrs. Granger
4. Toby Regbo / Young Dumbledore
5. Luke Newberry / Teddy Lupin
6. Pauline Stone / Hogwarts Nurse
7. Adrian Rawlins / James Potter
8. Jon Key / Bogrod the Goblin
9. Rusty Goffe / Gringotts Goblin

Case Incentives:
2 case - Dave Legeno / Fenrir Greyback
5 case - Graham Duff / Deatheater
10 case - Oliver Phelps / George Weasley
25 case - Ciarán Hinds / Aberforth Dumbledore

Look for the “YOU ARE A WINNER” card for these prizes!!
HP7B Master Set
HP7B Case Incentive Autograph Set
HP Rare Autographs
HP1 Hobby Boxes
HP2 Hobby Boxes
HP3 Hobby Boxes
HP3 Update Hobby Boxes
SDCC 2009 HP6 Big Crystal Card Set
SDCC 2009 HP6 Crystal Card Set
SDCC 2010 Cut Metal Card Set
….and many more……
(prize contents subject to change)

Thank you for your continued support!
Artbox Entertainment

Think a 1 hit-per-box product will work in this economy? 1.5 per if you count a film card as a 'hit.'

Looks like they are cleaning house with the You Are A Winner Card, could be very interesting.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has Artbox definitively said that these will be the last 2 Harry Potter sets they will ever make? If so there goes my hopes for Snape, Hagrid, Voldemort, and another shot at a triple auto. Frown

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Has Artbox definitively said that these will be the last 2 Harry Potter sets they will ever make? If so there goes my hopes for Snape, Hagrid, Voldemort, and another shot at a triple auto. Frown

They will be the last two products solely based on The Deathly Hallows but I would be amazed if they were the last ever Potter products.Quite honestly Artbox might as well shut up shop if they stop making Potter cards,they have nothing else.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure once the movies are done, the contract with WB is done as well. I could be completely wrong on that, but that was my understanding.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
It's my understanding that Artbox's HP license expires with the last film. I don't know that we'll be seeing retrospective sets.

I don't think there was ever much hope for getting Snape, Hagrid and Voldemort autos. Artbox has been making HP cards since 2004 and wasn't able to acquire those autos over many, many sets. Robbie Coltrane also refused to sign for the James Bond sets. I believe the reason was that he didn't think it was right for fans to have to pay for his signature.

I hate that the autos and filmcards are one release, and the costumes and props are another release. The e-mail from Artbox stated that there were approval problems which caused a delay. Artbox has had approval problems with Warner Bros. for a number of HP sets. My guess is that all of the autos were approved, but they only recently were allowed to produce the costumes and props.

The case breakdown is 10 autos, 6 filmcards and 1 "You Are A Winner" card. There could be three or four boxes per case with only one hit (depending on whether the winner card is inserted in boxes that have both an auto and a filmcard). I feel bad for dealers, because this could be a tough sell.

I do appreciate that Artbox is giving away cards and sealed boxes instead of selling them to the few lucky people who can attend SDCC. There will be 400 cases, so that should mean 400 winner cards.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
does look like an interesting set. one more chance to get a emma watson auto. disappointed no prop or pieceworks included, as i think the film cells are not worth collecting.

but the intriguing thing is the "you are the winner". if that's one per case, i'd say this makes up a bit for the lack of other hits.

and of course, i'll get these, too. Smile

(of course, totally skimmed over the 2 sets auto and pieceworks/props in previous post... but that does seem odd to separate the two)

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As a dealer myself I am very torn on this set simply because I love Harry Potter and would only be getting some for myself.

I just don't see any margins in this current market with only autographs. There is One autograph (Emma Watson) which with current ebay prices would pay for itself in a box but all other 19 (Box inserted autos) would not even pay for the price of the box. I don't count film cards as a "hit" they might as well be short printed base cards as on the previous sets you could sell a whole set for $50 or less.

The Winner cards could be nice but there are TBD which could just be for another autograph and would not make up for the cost.

They should have done a premium format like Rittenhouse or Breygent if only doing Autographs otherwise rethink their pricing or incentives.

Will Artbox have SDCC 2011 exclusives?

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was hoping for a Harry/Ginny Dual Auto. Would have finished things perfectly.

Posts: 5 | Location: Sussex | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As much as I love HP, the HBPU release really burnt me out on HP trading cards. I'm going to do the same thing that I did with DH1 and wait until the box prices come down and then decide if I am interested. I actually bought cases for OOTPU and HBP, but I haven't bought any DH product and, quite frankly, I am hard pressed to find any motivation to do so. As a buyer, I feel like it is just more of the same, and anything I could possibly want I can find in the aftermarket.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
I just don't see any margins in this current market with only autographs. There is One autograph (Emma Watson) which with current ebay prices would pay for itself in a box but all other 19 (Box inserted autos) would not pay for the price of the box.

I think products with only autographs can sell, just not when its only one per box and there are so few quality names. I would say that one Maggie Smith is worth 5 Emma Watsons, but that's not how the market values it. Big Grin

But when the case incentives are ho-hum you have a problem. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
The base set has only 72 cards instead of the usual 90. This is the last set that will coincide with a movie release (and possibly the last set ever from Artbox). I really don't like how it deviates from the norm.

Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
Maggie Smith and John Hurt autos will cover the cost of a box and IMO, they are both bigger than Emma, but she has made such a name for herself that her auto has lown through the roof. Good for her.

As for the set, I hate that it is not like the norm, but guess Artbox has to make do with what the WB provides. My guess is that they planned a normal set, but due to the approval delays, had to do it this way. If they knew it was going to be this way from the start, I bet they would have gotten more autos to have more than one insert per box. Again, they are making do with what they have.

Totally sucks though. I am not all that pleased with it and wish they could delay it so they could put everything together like we are used to.

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I agree Maggie and John are the 2nd and 3rd best pack inserted cards in this set but when they hit the ebay auction style listings I guarantee you will be able to get them for $60 or less a pop once they show up in quantities. This is Maggies 3rd autograph and Johns 3rd (including Indiana Jones). Emma Watson will still demand $300-$350.

The design of the deathly Hallows autos has driven prices down and make them in less demand compared to their conterparts (the classic style seen in SS through OOTP Update). I just hope there is not 20 Redemptions interested and that it is live Autos. The sales info shows autographs so hopefully they will all be live this time.

Half Blood Prince Autographs had the best design by far!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am interested in two autos...But, they are Puzzle autos. Does anyone know what that is? Also, are these cards 2 1/2 wide x 3 1/2 high or the reverese?

Thanks!

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
My guess is since there are 9 of the puzzle autos that they make up a 9 card set like the foil cards in previous sets (R1-R9). So yeah, you can collect them individually, but if you get all 9, the backs will probably form a picture.

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post