Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join
 
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
well, I didn't inquire about set 3 and I don't know if there is sketches or not, but in any case, I think I have covered the subject with around 50 cards in my DA gallery. I'm not interested in doing more.


Great Work as Always!!!

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's an awesome page for sure and I must say, despite being in a Buffy thread, those GoT sketches with characters are absolutely fantastic.

This may be a stupid question but, besides ordering commissions, are any of the sketch images shown for sale, or is it just a gallery of created work? Can any of those last Buffy sketches be purchased, or were they not authorized to be sold? Thanks.
 
Posts: 8056 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
thanks for the kind words
nothing on my DA page is for sale
they are all gone, I did keep a few for myself (few GoT, Tudors, Harry Potter, Jax from SOA and Superman; so around 10)
about BUFFY,
I'll post the rest of my cards today for you guys since you are interested to see them.
I have 3 AP here and the rest were used in the sets.
I put 1 Willow on ebay
and I have another Willow and a SMG as well
I have 'long term' deal with a client for those last 2, but they are still up for grabs if I find a better arrangement, that's the deal, thx for your interest.
David

____________________
www.daviddeb.deviantart.com
 
Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well David, it appears you're involved in Collector Set 3 after all. Big Grin Have a look here..

https://scifihobby.com/product...ireslayer/ultimate3/
 
Posts: 1996 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Love the design of those new autograph cards! The two portrait designs are already brilliant, but that gold text on a busy purple background is classic Buffy! Inner turmoil over not quite being able to afford this but super tempted.
 
Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well the construction and price has changed.

SRP is now $100 higher, at $499. For that you will get 3 autographs per set, one of the Greens and 2 gold signatures, Green or SMG or Hannigan, plus 2 metal cards.

Incentives are a dual autograph card of Hannigan and her husband for every 2 sets purchased and a sketch and all 8 metal cards for every 4 sets. I think that's right based on how I read the copy. So RA has responded by beefing up the set.

I'm happy because this will mean that more of these signatures will hit the market for less as the breakers take their early profits and then try to unload the left overs at discount.
 
Posts: 8056 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Well David, it appears you're involved in Collector Set 3 after all. Big Grin Have a look here..

https://scifihobby.com/product...ireslayer/ultimate3/


yeah the 'Faith' shown is one I did in the second batch so it's confirmed that some were kept for that last release as I didn't do any new ones
I also posted all my cards in the Buffy gallery, so the folder is now complete, including my Buffy AP.
thanks for you interest and yes indeed those new autos look great, especially the SMG's gold signature.

____________________
www.daviddeb.deviantart.com
 
Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
The gold signature cards look great...

I guess no images of the metal cards have been released yet.

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Well the construction and price has changed.

SRP is now $100 higher, at $499. For that you will get 3 autographs per set, one of the Greens and 2 gold signatures, Green or SMG or Hannigan, plus 2 metal cards.

Incentives are a dual autograph card of Hannigan and her husband for every 2 sets purchased and a sketch and all 8 metal cards for every 4 sets. I think that's right based on how I read the copy. So RA has responded by beefing up the set.

I'm happy because this will mean that more of these signatures will hit the market for less as the breakers take their early profits and then try to unload the left overs at discount.


5 cards for $499.99.

So basically you are paying around $100 for each card... Not that bad.

Obviously, the autograph cards are worth more than the metal cards.

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit confused on the wording though. Are you guaranteed to get 2 Seth Greens per set - one bordered or full-bleed and one gold, and then either SMG or Alyson gold? Or are the golds a random 2 out of 3 between SMG, Alyson, and Seth Green? That part isn't clear to me. Confused
 
Posts: 1996 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
My read is that every set has a Seth Green autograph. It might be the FB or it might be the Bordered.

Then you have 2 gold signature cards. It could be SMG, Hannigan or Green. One of those will be missing. I would really hate to pull the gold Green and then have 2 of his autographs, but missing either SMG or Hannigan.

Especially the gold SMG. I'm sorry, but I still think anyone buying these cards at these prices wants Buffy before anyone else.

What confuses me a bit is the incentives. If you buy two sets you get the Hannigan dual, if you buy 4 sets you get a sketch. But if you buy 4 sets, do you also get 2 of the Hannigan dual signature cards?

I think you should and that the card itself might be a nice bargain when breakers let them go.
 
Posts: 8056 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
What confuses me a bit is the incentives. If you buy two sets you get the Hannigan dual, if you buy 4 sets you get a sketch. But if you buy 4 sets, do you also get 2 of the Hannigan dual signature cards?


Yes you would get 2 of the dual autograph if you buy 4 sets.

My turn to be confused again. Big Grin It reads "For every 4 sets purchased, you will receive a complete set of 8 Metal Character Retrospective Cards and a FREE SKETCH CARD". Does that mean you get an additional set of 8 metal cards on top of the ones that come with the individual sets or that the 4 sets are guaranteed to have all 8 different metal cards, giving you one complete set?
 
Posts: 1996 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I assume if it's like the previous Buffy set, you'll get a free metal set on top of the metal cards you got in the packs provided you hit that incentive level.

This set is looking real tempting to me...3 autographs in each pack? I like those odds.

____________________
"what's that sound, it'll turn you around, it's a Doll Revolution..."- The Bangles, after Elvis Costello
 
Posts: 1307 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Ooh, ooh my turn again. Big Grin

Yes have to keep reading that, but I think its an additional set, or maybe just your only full metal set.

It really doesn't guarantee a full set in your 4 packs. You might assume that, but they could also be random packs that might have dups of the metal cards.

Maybe, possibly, oh its just a guess. Razz
 
Posts: 8056 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
This is the Description on the product page on Rittenhouse's store site:

We are pleased to offer Buffy The Vampire Slayer - The Ultimate Collectors Set - Series 3 - 20th Anniversary Edition! This all-new collection features the first-ever, official Buffy autograph cards signed by SETH GREEN! Each set consists of the following cards: 2 GOLD Autograph Cards: SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR (Buffy), and/or ALYSON HANNIGAN (Willow) and/or SETH GREEN (Oz) 1 Full-Bleed or Bordered SETH GREEN (Oz) Autograph Card 2 of 8 different 20th Anniversary Metal Character Retrospective Cards For every 2 sets purchased, we will add a FREE, Dual Autograph Card signed by Alyson Hannigan (Willow) and her real-life husband Alexis Denisof (Wesley) For every 4 sets purchased, we will add a FREE SKETCH CARD. Artists include Kristin Allen, Charles Hall, Warren Martineck, Roy Cover, David Desbois, Matt Glebe, Mick Glebe, Javier Gonzalez, Michael James, Kyle Babbitt, Francois Chartier, Tim Levandoski, John Haun, Chris Meeks, Scott Rorie, Carolyn Edwards and Tim Shay. (Note: Rittenhouse Archives reserves the right to allocate these sets if the total number of sets ordered exceeds 400)

Val

____________________
"what's that sound, it'll turn you around, it's a Doll Revolution..."- The Bangles, after Elvis Costello
 
Posts: 1307 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
This is the Description on the product page on Rittenhouse's store site:

We are pleased to offer Buffy The Vampire Slayer - The Ultimate Collectors Set - Series 3 - 20th Anniversary Edition! This all-new collection features the first-ever, official Buffy autograph cards signed by SETH GREEN! Each set consists of the following cards: 2 GOLD Autograph Cards: SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR (Buffy), and/or ALYSON HANNIGAN (Willow) and/or SETH GREEN (Oz) 1 Full-Bleed or Bordered SETH GREEN (Oz) Autograph Card 2 of 8 different 20th Anniversary Metal Character Retrospective Cards For every 2 sets purchased, we will add a FREE, Dual Autograph Card signed by Alyson Hannigan (Willow) and her real-life husband Alexis Denisof (Wesley) For every 4 sets purchased, we will add a FREE SKETCH CARD. Artists include Kristin Allen, Charles Hall, Warren Martineck, Roy Cover, David Desbois, Matt Glebe, Mick Glebe, Javier Gonzalez, Michael James, Kyle Babbitt, Francois Chartier, Tim Levandoski, John Haun, Chris Meeks, Scott Rorie, Carolyn Edwards and Tim Shay. (Note: Rittenhouse Archives reserves the right to allocate these sets if the total number of sets ordered exceeds 400)

Val


Interesting that this description makes no reference to a complete metal set as a 4-set incentive whereas on the main product page it does. I'm not buying 4 sets though so it really doesn't matter to me either way.
 
Posts: 1996 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Yeah I noticed that too. It seems we need a little clarity on that as well. I've seen other sites saying you get two Seth Greens and one of SMG or AH. This description says otherwise tho.

____________________
"what's that sound, it'll turn you around, it's a Doll Revolution..."- The Bangles, after Elvis Costello
 
Posts: 1307 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
5 cards for $499.99.

So basically you are paying around $100 for each card... Not that bad.

Obviously, the autograph cards are worth more than the metal cards.


With the 'Free' sketch card and dual autograph card, this set is really only a 'Dealer Only' purchase again.

A dealer should be able to do a much better deal on a full set. In fact I would not be surprised if the individual autograph cards go for less than $100 each.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,
 
Posts: 1025 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

With the 'Free' sketch card and dual autograph card, this set is really only a 'Dealer Only' purchase again.

A dealer should be able to do a much better deal on a full set. In fact I would not be surprised if the individual autograph cards go for less than $100 each.


My thoughts too. Of course this is designed for dealers like the first two "sets", but it seems to be a better deal for them with more autographs and the 2 types of incentives.

So I also believe that some, if not all, of these autograph cards are going to be had for under $100 after the dust settles from the first round buyers.
 
Posts: 8056 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I think it's safe to say that none of the sketch artists made any new cards for the third release. Especially with the release date being so close to the second release. All of these sketch cards are either held back from the first or second release.

Either way, I'm excited more sketch cards will be out there =)

____________________
borntobeapopstar@hotmail.com
 
Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.

© Non-Sport Update 2013