Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
also feel free to to add any images to the links about...I'll add them to the Albums

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
The Cordelia Sketch is up to $1080.00 with 7 Hours left...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:

... and $1,080 is where it ended. I was watching the countdown but it ended up being anticlimactic. Big Grin Eek

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:

... and $1,080 is where it ended. I was watching the countdown but it ended up being anticlimactic. Big Grin Eek

Same here...

I saw the high bidder bid a few more times before it ended.

I bet the seller is happy with that sale price.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

The seller is Kevin Bennett of K & J Non-Sports Cards. Like I said previously, he pre-sold at least 28 SMG autographs, either in sets of 2 or individually. That means he got at least 7 incentive sketches. And as far as I know this is the first and maybe only one he's sold, unless he's sold some privately or at a show. As usual he'll be selling at the upcoming show in Allentown, so I can't wait to see what he has on display there for sale - perhaps some Buffy sketches that we haven't even seen images of yet.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
The seller is Kevin Bennett of K & J Non-Sports Cards. Like I said previously, he pre-sold at least 28 SMG autographs, either in sets of 2 or individually. That means he got at least 7 incentive sketches. And as far as I know this is the first and maybe only one he's sold, unless he's sold some privately or at a show. As usual he'll be selling at the upcoming show in Allentown, so I can't wait to see what he has on display there for sale - perhaps some Buffy sketches that we haven't even seen images of yet.

Logan if they do, could you ask them if they would allow you to take some pictures for the rest of us to see?

I'm hoping to be able to at least see all that were released.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:

Logan if they do, could you ask them if they would allow you to take some pictures for the rest of us to see?

I'll see what I can do. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That is where I purchased my Buffy Autos from.

I wonder what sketches he has... hopefully you will be able to find out.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'll see what I can do. Smile

Thank you Logan, very much appreciated Thumb Up

And another Kristen Allen sketch is up for auction.

Raven, it's one of the Uber-Vamps you were talking about earlier in the thread.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Here are some artist returns found on Kryten67's Facebook page.

Javier Gonzalez

Kristen Allen

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I finally know what the back of the Artist Return cards look like... These are from Kristin Allen.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I finally know what the back of the Artist Return cards look like... These are from Kristin Allen.

Yup, Just as I said they would be. The Artist Proofs have our names taped onto the backs. They don't do this for Artists Returns.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's a really good one. I'm only familar with artist's names because of the work I see posted here. I didn't really know of Kristen Allen before, but she is really talented from the looks of it.

Regarding Graham's point about commissions, yes they are really worthwhile, although seeing the prices these sketches are going for makes me wonder how affordable any of these artists will be now. I'm not knocking it. If I saw my sketch work trading hands at these values I'd darn sure up my own commission prices, you can believe that!

Besides actual commissions there are also the ACEOs. Several years back I connected with Chris Henderson to do a series of B/W pencil commissions for me. I also picked up some of his regular work, including two sketches from Buffy, Faith and Caleb. Besides the commissions, these Buffy B/W sketches are prizes to me. I wish I had a scanner to post them. Caleb (Nathan Fillion) was not drawn for this product, so that is a big plus for me. The Faith sketch is terrific, a portrait with a real expression on her face. Love them both.

So I guess my point is, the sketch market is saturated, but there are so many opportunities to get great work and support the artists at all different price ranges. Seeing such quality pieces as these just shows what fine artists there are out there. Smile

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
Yup, Just as I said they would be. The Artist Proofs have our names taped onto the backs. They don't do this for Artists Returns.

I remember that...

I just never saw an Artist Return before.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
What is the difference between an Artist Proof and an Artist Return?

Does the card company choose which Sketches will be inserted in the set and which ones will be returned out of the Sketches the artist asked to be returned?

In the case of Sketch Cards:

I would assume that an Artist Proof is the Sketch in process and the final version of the Sketch was released in an official set.

and an Artist Return is a Sketch that was not released in an official set but it was approved and the artist had requested the card back.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:

I remember that...

I just never saw an Artist Return before.

I should have posted the backs for everyone to see so ya'll would know what to look for.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is the difference between an Artist Proof and an Artist Return?

Does the card company choose which Sketches will be inserted in the set and which ones will be returned out of the Sketches the artist asked to be returned?

In the case of Sketch Cards:

I would assume that an Artist Proof is the Sketch in process and the final version of the Sketch was released in an official set.

and an Artist Return is a Sketch that was not released in an official set but it was approved and the artist had requested the card back.

No artist proof is just our blank cards to draw on anyhow we feel within parameters of the set of course. An artist return is exactly that. It's a card we draw along with the regular cards, may even be of same quality. We then get to go through all our cards pick whatever amount of AR's we are allotted and set them aside in the box we send back to the companies. Companies like Topps don't add anything to the cards to set them apart from other cards, so to me if a company doesn't do that, then I'm gonna up the quality and creativity on my Topps AR's/AP's.
Some companies send along the marked AP's with the regular Blanks and ask us not to sell until release. Some companies send the AP's after the sets release along with payment .

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

That's a really good one. I'm only familar with artist's names because of the work I see posted here. I didn't really know of Kristen Allen before, but she is really talented from the looks of it.

Regarding Graham's point about commissions, yes they are really worthwhile, although seeing the prices these sketches are going for makes me wonder how affordable any of these artists will be now. I'm not knocking it. If I saw my sketch work trading hands at these values I'd darn sure up my own commission prices, you can believe that!

Besides actual commissions there are also the ACEOs. Several years back I connected with Chris Henderson to do a series of B/W pencil commissions for me. I also picked up some of his regular work, including two sketches from Buffy, Faith and Caleb. Besides the commissions, these Buffy B/W sketches are prizes to me. I wish I had a scanner to post them. Caleb (Nathan Fillion) was not drawn for this product, so that is a big plus for me. The Faith sketch is terrific, a portrait with a real expression on her face. Love them both.

So I guess my point is, the sketch market is saturated, but there are so many opportunities to get great work and support the artists at all different price ranges. Seeing such quality pieces as these just shows what fine artists there are out there. Smile

Most artists don't ask for very much on PSC commissions. The only time the price jacks up on a Commission is if it's an official Artist Proof card.
Eg. I sell my psc's for like 25 bucks but it's generic stock may not have anything on the back and the markers and stuff will soak through. Charge 25-50 bucks for a commission. Same art on an AP, $250 bucks. What you're paying for is all the late nights drawing and time away from family, artist supplies cramped hands and swollen feet and backaches from craning over a drawing table with a light in your face and stuff to get the set cards done

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
An Artist Return Sketch by Javier Gonzalez is on the Bay now...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I also noticed that some artists are posting their Artist Returns on their sites...

Some have only 2 and some have 6... etc.

How is it determined the amount of Artist Returns you get to keep?