Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
This is the one I have...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:

Nice one! Did you pull that one from a pack or buy it as a single? Got any other sketches in your collection? And what do you mean about your other Buffy sketch being traded???

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Those are great sketches but I have to be honest the first thing I would do is take them out of those holders with the sticker on and put them in a blank one.

SAME! Although I never would because that would pretty much destroy the COA of each card. Although since they are sketches, I guess an artists' signature should suffice.

It just sucks to see such beautiful cards being covered up by a sticker, even if only 10% of the card is being covered up, it's still super annoying.

Does anyone else who owns a sketch card been tempted to take the gold sticker off? Has anyone done it yet?

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BornToBeAPopstar:
quote:

Nice one! Did you pull that one from a pack or buy it as a single? Got any other sketches in your collection? And what do you mean about your other Buffy sketch being traded???

I bought it... I wish I pulled it.

I was talking about the other Buffy sketch that was posted a few posts ago... I was trying to get that one from a collector but he got a trade he could not refuse.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Those are great sketches but I have to be honest the first thing I would do is take them out of those holders with the sticker on and put them in a blank one.

SAME! Although I never would because that would pretty much destroy the COA of each card. Although since they are sketches, I guess an artists' signature should suffice.

It just sucks to see such beautiful cards being covered up by a sticker, even if only 10% of the card is being covered up, it's still super annoying.

Does anyone else who owns a sketch card been tempted to take the gold sticker off? Has anyone done it yet?

I was tempted but I figured it was the way it came do I wanted to keep it original...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was tempted but I figured it was the way it came do I wanted to keep it original...

For me this is a very different situation to an autograph. With them I would absolutely keep the seal intact but here you have well known artists of high quality and I just don't see fakes being an issue.

I suppose re-sale value might be affected although personally seeing the whole sketch should increase the value. For me if I ever got one it's not leaving my collection ever Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
For me this is a very different situation to an autograph. With them I would absolutely keep the seal intact but here you have well known artists of high quality and I just don't see fakes being an issue.

I suppose re-sale value might be affected although personally seeing the whole sketch should increase the value. For me if I ever got one it's not leaving my collection ever Smile .

I always break the seal and put the card where it belongs in my binders. I do that for any RA incentive or any card that has it from any company, autograph or sketch. I don't keep slabbed cards together either.

If you are thinking that you might sell the card at any time, you should leave the seal intact to ensure full value and the most number of potential buyers. Otherwise it's all yours and you can do as you like.

Posts: 10367 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I always break the seal and put the card where it belongs in my binders. I do that for any RA incentive or any card that has it from any company, autograph or sketch. I don't keep slabbed cards together either.

Same here

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse have said in the past that these holders are not archival safe. If you just have the card for re-sale keep it in the sealed case but if you intend to keep it for a long time take it out.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Rittenhouse have said in the past that these holders are not archival safe. If you just have the card for re-sale keep it in the sealed case but if you intend to keep it for a long time take it out.

I think that was because years ago they never used penny sleeves first before sealing the incentives in top loaders (why I don't know). Now with the standard-thickness cards they do use sleeves, so I would assume those are safe. I don't think the thicker incentives come sleeved however so those are probably not archival safe. As long as the card is penny sleeved first it should be fine.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do you have any pictures/scans of your cards without the seal? Would be nice to get a side by side of what the card looks like with or without a seal, to help put this all in perspective.

How many people in here actually have some sketches in their PC? If so, which ones?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you have any pictures/scans of your cards without the seal? Would be nice to get a side by side of what the card looks like with or without a seal, to help put this all in perspective.

I wish I had a Buffy sketch. Big Grin

I've gotten RA incentive cards in hard plastics with seals and some other products had cards in thicker cases with seals. They were all autograph cards, so the top portions that a seal might cover does not generally go near the autograph space.

I don't break the seals because I don't like how it makes the card look, but just because I want to store them in the same place as all my other autograph cards. Otherwise they will get buried in a shoe box instead of ready to be displayed.

That seal is not the guarantee of authenticity, whether a sketch or an autograph card, it is just as authentic without it. The thing is that if you are selling, the buyer would probably prefer it intact because it means it has not been handled outside of the loader.

If you are keeping the card it doesn't matter at all. And if you should decide to ever sell it, you still can. The worse that could happen is that you might have to discount it, but a very desirable sketch or autograph will probably sell for close to full market price regardless.

Posts: 10367 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I wish I had a Buffy sketch. Big Grin

I've gotten RA incentive cards in hard plastics with seals and some other products had cards in thicker cases with seals. They were all autograph cards, so the top portions that a seal might cover does not generally go near the autograph space.

I don't break the seals because I don't like how it makes the card look, but just because I want to store them in the same place as all my other autograph cards. Otherwise they will get buried in a shoe box instead of ready to be displayed.

That seal is not the guarantee of authenticity, whether a sketch or an autograph card, it is just as authentic without it. The thing is that if you are selling, the buyer would probably prefer it intact because it means it has not been handled outside of the loader.

If you are keeping the card it doesn't matter at all. And if you should decide to ever sell it, you still can. The worse that could happen is that you might have to discount it, but a very desirable sketch or autograph will probably sell for close to full market price regardless.

I agree. I think since these are sketches and they are all one of a kind, the only thing breaking the seal does it show off more of the artwork. I can't imagine a Buffy fan not buying a sketch (or wanting a cheaper price) with the seal off. If anything, it might bump the price up. But who knows, I could be wrong.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same. Breaking cards out of sealed slabs is tricky business, but can be done.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Charles Hall's name is now on the "Featured Artists" list on the product page. Good to hear as he really does great work and I would think anyone (or should I say, any dealer Roll Eyes) would be thrilled to get one of his sketches in this.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
There's news of a 3rd Buffy set in the newest NSU. I won't spoil it here but it is a good one.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
There's news of a 3rd Buffy set in the newest NSU. I won't spoil it here but it is a good one.

Val

I saw it too and won't be a spoiler, but must say this.

If Series 3 is built along the same design as 1 and 2, which it probably will be, it will be the 3rd disappointment for me. Frown

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some Michael James sketches from the upcoming set...

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Those are very nice. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:

Val

I saw it too and won't be a spoiler, but must say this.

If Series 3 is built along the same design as 1 and 2, which it probably will be, it will be the 3rd disappointment for me. Frown

So are you basically telling me that Rittenhouse is holding on to even MORE of the sketches that they refused to release from the first series? They held back so many cards for the second release, and then they realized no one is buying them. I bet a ton of these sketches drawn for series 2 will actually just be held onto and released for series 3. This is so disappointing. Can we just release something that the average fan can buy? $400 a pop is way too much for anything. Honestly even $100 a pop is pushing it considering there are no boxes and you're only paying for a few cards.