Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longroad45:
I was wondering if there was a Desbois Buffy out there. Yikes!

I had a feeling that there was going to be a Desbois Buffy showing up soon...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The bidding on that Desbois Buffy has been wacky. There are 67 bids so far and like 62 of them belong to the same person going up a couple bucks at a time. The serious buyers are not in yet.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
This Desbois masterpiece just turned up from K & J Non-Sports Cards:

What's your guess on the final price? I'm going with $1,372.55. Big Grin

That's a beauty alright, I was waiting for more of David's work to show up.

It will definitely be interesting to see how much it ends up selling for, I imagine that you might be close Logan Smile

My questions are, did those first few go for so much because it was newly released and now that the hype has died down, we are seeing the prices they are really worth?
Or was it the subject matter and artist who painted/drew the sketches that made those first few so expensive.

My thinking is a bit of both.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:

Not New , But 1st Time on eBay

Kryten, where is this listed?
I can't find it anywhere on feebay, current or completed.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:

Not New , But 1st Time on eBay

Kryten, where is this listed?
I can't find it anywhere on feebay, current or completed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121643...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Wow... The Desbois Buffy is up to $835.55!

With 6 days left...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Make that $855.95 now... Just went up again!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
This Desbois masterpiece just turned up from K & J Non-Sports Cards:

What's your guess on the final price? I'm going with $1,372.55. Big Grin

That's a beauty alright, I was waiting for more of David's work to show up.

It will definitely be interesting to see how much it ends up selling for, I imagine that you might be close Logan Smile

My questions are, did those first few go for so much because it was newly released and now that the hype has died down, we are seeing the prices they are really worth?
Or was it the subject matter and artist who painted/drew the sketches that made those first few so expensive.

You are right... it is a bit of Both.

I think a Buffy Sketch by any artist would fetch a high price.

but it seems that David Desbois adds a bit more to the price.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think you're right about it being a little of both, though I lean more towards the initial frenzy and hype resulting in many of those high prices. That hype has now died down. David Desbois is probably the hottest sketch card artist on the planet right now, a fact which I was hit over the head with repeatedly by a dealer at the Philly Show when I was trying (and failing) to buy one of his "Once Upon A Time" sketches. Not that I disagree with said dealer.... but I digress. So any of David's Buffy sketches will bring in top dollar. As far as specific characters I think sketches of Buffy, and to a lesser extent Cordelia, will bring in good money no matter who the artist is. I'm somewhat surprised though that Willow sketches aren't selling for more. Maybe it's because her sketches were more easily approved so she is more "common" than Buffy or Cordelia.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
The Buffy Sketch is now at $909.95 with 6 Days to go...

I wonder how high this one will go???

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I think you're right about it being a little of both, though I lean more towards the initial frenzy and hype resulting in many of those high prices. That hype has now died down. David Desbois is probably the hottest sketch card artist on the planet right now, a fact which I was hit over the head with repeatedly by a dealer at the Philly Show when I was trying (and failing) to buy one of his "Once Upon A Time" sketches. Not that I disagree with said dealer.... but I digress. So any of David's Buffy sketches will bring in top dollar. As far as specific characters I think sketches of Buffy, and to a lesser extent Cordelia, will bring in good money no matter who the artist is. I'm somewhat surprised though that Willow sketches aren't selling for more. Maybe it's because her sketches were more easily approved so she is more "common" than Buffy or Cordelia.

Yes, David Desbois is hot right now And that adds to the price of this Sketch Card going very high.

It also has to do with the fact that it is a Sketch of Buffy.

So it is a little bit this and a little bit that.

I do agree with you that any Bufy Sketch would bring in good money.

So far there has been three Solo Buffy Sketches that were released in the set seen.

One Buffy sketch by Kristin Allen was owned by a private collector and traded.

Another Buffy Sketch by Kristin Allen was on the Bay and the Listing Ended early...

This is the First Buffy Sketch on eBay with active Bidding on it and it looks like it will hit $1000 before the end of tonight.

The Other Desbois Sketch with Buffy and Angel sold for $1500 on the Bay with a Buy it Now.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
And I forgot to mention that there are two Artist Return Sketches of Buffy currenty on the Bay right now...

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
And I forgot to mention that there are two Artist Return Sketches of Buffy currenty on the Bay right now...

Actually, There is only One Artist Return.......
The Glebe Buffy....The David Desbois isn't a Artist Return ... The Haun Buffy AR isn't on eBay now.....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Actually, There is only One Artist Return.......
The Glebe Buffy....The David Desbois isn't a Artist Return ... The Haun Buffy AR isn't on eBay now.....

I know the Desbois isn't an Artist Return.

But the Glebe and the Haun Artist Return Buffy Sketches are are both on the Bay now...

I just checked.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
So as of now there have only been 6 Sketches of Buffy... All alone.

3 Sketches were released in the set... 1 by David Desbois and 2 by Kristin Allen.

3 Sketches were Artist Returns... 1 by Glebe, 1 by Haun and 1 by Shay

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The bidding on that Desbois Buffy has been wacky. There are 67 bids so far and like 62 of them belong to the same person going up a couple bucks at a time. The serious buyers are not in yet.

It just hit $935 with 5 Days and 22 Hours Left...

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That was from an earlier post. There are now 76 bids from still only 6 potential buyers for the current price. Looks like there might be at least one serious bidder in the mix, but you can bet that the big money will still come in late.

I still expect this to top out in the $1,700 - $1,800 range. That's what I think it's worth based on the artist, subject and quality. If someone really wants it and is willingly to drop a bomb and run away, it may go even higher.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That was from an earlier post. There are now 76 bids from still only 6 potential buyers for the current price. Looks like there might be at least one serious bidder in the mix, but you can bet that the big money will still come in late.

I still expect this to top out in the $1,700 - $1,800 range. That's what I think it's worth based on the artist, subject and quality. If someone really wants it and is willingly to drop a bomb and run away, it may go even higher.

I know that was an earlier post... I was just letting you know it hit $935.

It is Climbing up there and there are a couple of serious buyers in the mix, but there is still 5 days left and you know there are watchers wating to pounce.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Now it is at $955.05...

So it might just hit that $1500 level or perhaps $2000.

I wonder how high it will go??? Confused

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now it is at $955.05...

So it might just hit that $1500 level or perhaps $2000.

I wonder how high it will go??? Confused

It's really hard to guess and it's kind of fun watching it. My guess of $1,700 - $1,800 is what I think it SHOULD be worth. It could start to die down once it hits the magic $1,000 mark, which would make it a bargain. Or people could continue to bid it up until it hits one of those "stupid money" prices that is really overpaying.

It also depends on the motive of the eventual buyer. If it's as an investment, it can only go so high to be a good deal to a flipper. If it's for a collector, well it could go as high as he/she is willing to spend. Sometimes that's way too much, but it's up to the buyer.

I don't know where it will end up, but unless some as yet unseen sketch turns up, I would have to think that this sketch has all the elements to be regarded as the best one. I'm curious to see what happens and I really wouldn't be surprised if it does go over $2,000 just because they have bid it up too fast already.