Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
some people can't see Auctions in other countries...they may have excluded outside the USA in the preference settings.

True...

But one thing that is weird is that when I searched "Buffy Sketch" it does not show up and when I search "Buffy Sketch Card" it shows up...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just spotted this Anya (Artist Return) on David Desbois' DeviantArt page:

I think that fits in quite nicely with this little run:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Wow, I think the Anya is my favorite of the bunch. Not so much soft focus and more color. The figure pops out, without looking washed out.

Very cool and not the same as the others. Thumb Up

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here again are images of all 5 sketches, this time taken from David's DeviantArt page:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
been staying on top of these sketches.......

there have been some bargains lately.... These Have SOLD.

SOLD $145.19

Best Offer Accepted - Under 449.95

Best Offered - under $400

$400

There are 6 Sketches between $228.00 - $400 on the Bay.....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
My Search is Finally Over........ My Collector now has at least One Sketch from each Artist Now.......

Plus a Hardy Buffy Sketch

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I suspect your wallet is a bit lighter Eek .

Congrats on completing the set Clap .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I suspect your wallet is a bit lighter Eek .

Congrats on completing the set Clap .

My wallet is Fine.... I hunted them down for a customer.....

Remember Our Motto!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the Rittenhouse forum I asked if they were done with Buffy and this was Steve's response:

"We are working on more Buffy. Nothing more in 2015. Likely something in late 2016."

I can't wait already! Bouncey Metal

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
GLAD THE CATS OUTTA THE BAG........ I've known this since before RA's Buffy set came out................

Dance Dance Dance Dance

A Lot of People put a Lot of work into this set & I spent a good amount of time hunting down ARs & Sealed Incentives to Fill Orders.

A year may be able to give me strength to do it all again Next Time..........

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
On the Rittenhouse forum I asked if they were done with Buffy and this was Steve's response:

"We are working on more Buffy. Nothing more in 2015. Likely something in late 2016."

I can't wait already! Bouncey Metal

I wonder what it will be like...

Hopefully a full set this time?

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Hopefully it is a better effort than this set. Maybe they can stay clear of sketches as it just seemed like a major hassle for this set.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they have also listened to the many comments and reversed their decision to only have new signers in a set.

Although I have nearly all the Inkworks autos I would still want the same autos on a Rittenhouse designed card.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Amen to that X2!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I've missed so many new sketches!! so glad everybody has been posting them while I haven't been able to get on here.

Well, I knew this was coming too. I'm just surprised to hear they announced it so soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Hopefully it is a better effort than this set. Maybe they can stay clear of sketches as it just seemed like a major hassle for this set.

There are going to be sketches for sure next time round as well, hopefully there will be more of them so they will be cheaper to get.

I know Steve said no to repeat signers for RA Buffy sets, but I would love it if he changes his mind because like Triple-Frog, I have almost all the Inkworks autos (down to 9 yay!) but I love both designs of the SMG auto so would happily collect a master set of RA Buffy autos.

Because for me just sketches aren't enough to get me really excited for a second set.
I'm just getting my own commissions done, I'm not too bothered that they aren't all official, at least I'm getting exactly what I wantSmile

Sorry about the shameless brag, but I was so excited to get these. It was even better that they arrived on my birthday, best present for myself ever!

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
congrats on those sketches....

I'd be thrilled to...

those are commissions?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have to say that those three sketches are terrific Juelle Lou.

Regarding that 2016 date, I personally feel good about it because maybe there will be something there for me the next time. But RA said they had no plans and maybe that caused some collectors to think this was the last chance. I hope people realize that anything successful will be brought back.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would love to see an all-encompassing Buffy set done by Rittenhouse with everyone signing but I have to admit, there is a part of me that hopes that SMG doesn't sign again, considering what I spent on these last ones. I realize that's part of the deal, when you buy a high dollar autograph card, there are no guarantees of value holding or that the actor will never sign again. I just had myself semi-convinced that this was it for her signing (at least for Buffy), unless down the road she signs for one of those Americana or Pop Century sets, which don't interest me. I know they have said nothing yet of potential signers, but I can't imagine Rittenhouse doing another Buffy set without SMG or Alyson Hannigan signing for it. I think they would want one or the other to headline it, unless by some miracle they got Seth Green.

Oh and by the way...those sketches are incredible Juelle Lou! Drool

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys Smile I sort of feel a little bad posting them since it's a little off topic, but I just loved the detail in the Cordy and the colours on the Buffy commissions I had to share I am so thrilled with them

quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I would love to see an all-encompassing Buffy set done by Rittenhouse with everyone signing but I have to admit, there is a part of me that hopes that SMG doesn't sign again, considering what I spent on these last ones. I realize that's part of the deal, when you buy a high dollar autograph card, there are no guarantees of value holding or that the actor will never sign again. I just had myself semi-convinced that this was it for her signing (at least for Buffy), unless down the road she signs for one of those Americana or Pop Century sets, which don't interest me. I know they have said nothing yet of potential signers, but I can't imagine Rittenhouse doing another Buffy set without SMG or Alyson Hannigan signing for it. I think they would want one or the other to headline it, unless by some miracle they got Seth Green.

Oh and by the way...those sketches are incredible Juelle Lou! Drool

I agree with everything you have said Logan.
It would definitely be a letdown if they released yet another SMG auto, surely even they could see that the value of the first two could possibly be a little compromised by releasing another so soon let alone at all. But maybe they don't care? oh well, I bought both and I'm not sorry to have paid full price.

I think it would be a miracle if they got Alyson Hannigan to sign, if they did I think that might be almost as big a hit as the SMG auto considering how much her Inkworks auto goes for.

quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
congrats on those sketches....

I'd be thrilled to...

those are commissions?

The first one, the Faith sketch isn't, it's official.
I saw that one listed, and I had never wanted a sketch card more in my life I loved it so much.
So I bought it, and I'm getting David to do the rest of the gang for me in no particular order.
So Buffy and Cordelia done, so many more to go Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I've missed so many new sketches!! so glad everybody has been posting them while I haven't been able to get on here.

Well, I knew this was coming too. I'm just surprised to hear they announced it so soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

There are going to be sketches for sure next time round as well, hopefully there will be more of them so they will be cheaper to get.

I know Steve said no to repeat signers for RA Buffy sets, but I would love it if he changes his mind because like Triple-Frog, I have almost all the Inkworks autos (down to 9 yay!) but I love both designs of the SMG auto so would happily collect a master set of RA Buffy autos.

Because for me just sketches aren't enough to get me really excited for a second set.
I'm just getting my own commissions done, I'm not too bothered that they aren't all official, at least I'm getting exactly what I wantSmile

Sorry about the shameless brag, but I was so excited to get these. It was even better that they arrived on my birthday, best present for myself ever!

That Buffy Sketch by David is AMAZING!!!

Thumb Up