Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
Lol, I wish I had seen that pic. I haven't watched one minute of Buffy or Angel so I have no idea what's what.

ha ha... Can't beat Giles in a Sombrero!

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
I just wish someone did a Sketch of Giles in his sombrero... Big Grin

quote:
ha ha... Can't beat Giles in a Sombrero!

So true Smile
That is one of my favourite episodes, Giles wearing the somrero, Anya in her bunny costume, and the best part for me is the end when the big scary monster turns out to be like 6 inches tall.
Which, they all would have realised if they had of read the writing under the illustration.

Also love Giles in his wizard costume when he bought the magic shop.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I am just glad that a lot of the sketches popping up lately are of the Human Characters...

I remember when the news broke about the sketches and everything that was going wrong with them...

People were saying that a lot of the actors were not approving the sketches and there wont be any sketches of Buffy, Angel or Willow and possible more because of the rejections.

I thought that basically all of the Sketches were going to be of Vampires or Monsters.

But I am glad to see that those were just rumors.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am just glad that a lot of the sketches popping up lately are of the Human Characters...

I remember when the news broke about the sketches and everything that was going wrong with them...

People were saying that a lot of the actors were not approving the sketches and there wont be any sketches of Buffy, Angel or Willow and possible more because of the rejections.

I thought that basically all of the Sketches were going to be of Vampires or Monsters.

Not Rumors. A lot of cards were rejected by the actors, Just a fact. Doesn't mean a few didn't get by.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not Rumors. A lot of cards were rejected by the actors, Just a fact. Doesn't mean a few didn't get by.

I did not mean every sketch...

I meant a lot of people were saying there would be No Sketches of Buffy, Angel or Willow at all.

Here is one of the quotes I found regarding the sketches... this is the type of "rumors" I was refering about...

"it was mentioned that 3 characters were off limits"

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
According to the FB page that MarcG linked us to, they are saying 3 sketches of Buffy have been sold.
Does anyone know which ones they're talking about? I guessing one of them is the Buffy & Angel Desbois sketch, but which other ones of Buffy?

So if there really are only 5 - 8 sketches of Buffy herself alone or with someone, that would have to make them go for a huge premium, no?

Here are the Sketches that have been found featuring Buffy...

2 by David Desbois and 2 by Kristin Allen.

I am not sure if the 2nd Desbois was released or is an AP that he kept.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
So far I believe the only Artist not to be found is Seth Ismart...

I talked to some people that said his sketches featured Vampires and Monsters only... (not sure if it is the truth or rumors) waiting for some pics.

I guess we will have to see if and when any Ismart Sketches pop up.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I meant a lot of people were saying there would be No Sketches of Buffy, Angel or Willow at all.

Here is one of the quotes I found regarding the sketches... this is the type of "rumors" I was refering about...

I have 1 approved SMG sketch..it is one of my Artist Returns and I'll be posting it as soon as I receive it. Proud to have one of the 5 approved SMG pieces.

Posts: 25 | Location: California | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder who the three characters were Confused . So far the only one of the main characters I have not seen a sketch for is " Dawn " .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shay:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have 1 approved SMG sketch..it is one of my Artist Returns and I'll be posting it as soon as I receive it. Proud to have one of the 5 approved SMG pieces.

Very Cool... Your Sketches have been great.

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Have there been any of Tara? Was Tara off-limits or was she just not extremely popular with artists? She also didn't appear on the stickers...

Sketches have never floated my boat - I don't love 1/1 card chasing - but these have been outstanding, I think the moment I saw the Desbois Faith was the first time I really wanted a sketch.

Also love that Vampire Harmony!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tim, is that Return Spoken for already?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
For those keeping track, the Gleneagles Cordelia is at $770 with 5 days left. I tapped out at around $400

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
If anyone does not know...

Check out Tim's Facebook page for some of his great work!

Tim Shay FB Page

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

MarcG, I've received a lot of offers, but since I haven't even been able to post her yet, I have't made any decisions. So, anyone interested, shoot me a PM. \m/ \m/

Posts: 25 | Location: California | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

MarcG, I've received a lot of offers, but since I haven't even been able to post her yet, I have't made any decisions. So, anyone interested, shoot me a PM. \m/ \m/

OK... I sent you an email to your Gmail account.

Hopefully you will get it.

Thanks again.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks again.

Got it, I'm replying now. And thanks a ton for the kind words on my work!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks again.

Got it, I'm replying now. And thanks a ton for the kind words on my work!

OK... Thanks.

No problem about the kind words, I am just telling you the truth... Great Stuff!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
for the record, I have more SMG approved cards than 5; I don't think your numbers are right guys Wink

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
for the record, I have more SMG approved cards than 5; I don't think your numbers are right guys Wink

I was thinking that there had to be more than 5...

Were all of your SMG Sketches released or were majority of them Artist Returns?