Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
Money Vs. Publicity..... or LONG LINES...

Ya Pays Your Money, Ya Takes Your Chances

No, long lines are no excuse when the celebrity is being paid out right for the appearance or has another vested interest in it, such as racking up book sales. I have seen celebrities that continue to sign well after the time allotted because people were still waiting. I have also seen them leave on the dot and not care who was waiting. It just comes down to a matter of character sometimes.

No excuses, SMG is fine for a free scribble on the street, which I don't think she does. If I am buying her book, probably only because I have to in order to get an autograph, then I am owed a reasonable example of her full autograph.

It's a good thing that I am not, as you put it, taking my chances. I would have to hand that SMG back to her and would probably get thrown out. Big Grin

I received a pre-ordered signed copy of the book and mine has "XOXO Sarah Michelle" signed in big writing...

So I am happy with my autographed copy.

The 'SMG' example shown above is appalling. There is no excuse for that. I'm pleased to hear you got a good example. Thumb Up

And under $20 (if you paid the same as robomole) for her genuine auto is an absolute bargain.

These would make for great cut signatures if anyone was so inclined to go down the custom card route or mount one up with an 8x10.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
I received a pre-ordered signed copy of the book and mine has "XOXO Sarah Michelle" signed in big writing...

So I am happy with my autographed copy.

Got mine yesterday too. Ordered it when I saw it on discount thru B&N. For that price I could take my chances.

She signed the same way, XOXO Sarah Michelle. That means we have at least 3 versions of her authentic autograph, full 3 names, first 2 names and the dreaded SMG.

Would be interested in seeing pictures from other signed books. I can't post a photo of mine, but the M has a really long final stroke and she used a lot of space in general. I'd like to see how much examples of this version differ between each other.

Kind of surprised that the book itself has no sticker to indicate an official signed copy. I have seen other autographed books from the publishers lying around in bookstores with stickers, but who can even find a local bookstore these days.

I also noted that at least one person is trying to sell these signed books you-know-where for about 3 times the pre-order price. B&N seems to have sold out, so you did well if you caught one early.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Glad to see some people are Getting a signature instead of SMG....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I'm over the moon with the autograph I got! She used a thicker pen for mine which is different. But she signed it HUGE! It takes up half the page it feels like! I can deal with not getting the "Gellar" (I kinda like the XOXO) haha. Couldn't be happier, especially for $18!!!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the scan robomole.

Mine is the same way, with enough variances to show it is indeed hand signed. The M in Michelle is drawn down even longer and angled more to the left in my book.

Very strange that she gave in-person book buyers that SMG, this signature would have been fine for everyone.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Basically the same autograph I received... I was more than pleased with it... I am glad we all got similar autos...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
FYI,

Sarah is signing at 7pm today in Pasadena, CA

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
FYI,

Sarah is signing at 7pm today in Pasadena, CA

I bet she is practicing her three letters as we speak... ha ha Big Grin

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't doubt it............

P.s. It's Full Cover Price....... $28 I think.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wouldn't doubt it............

P.s. It's Full Cover Price....... $28 I think.

Glad I got mine for $18 and received a nice autograph in the book.

I guess the pre-order was the way to go in this situation.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
the bookstore for this one isn't B&N

posted Hide Post
The card I mentioned in here a few weeks ago has been "lost" by my lovely post office. I didn't wanna post it until I got it in the mail but now it looks like I might never get it.

USPS strikes again! Mad

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Don't Worry , "She" will turn up......

posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope so, but I am worried. The USPS in my area is especially terrible. They've lost packages of mine before multiple times and what's worse is that they don't even care. The package was sent registered mail and they said it shouldn't take more than 1-3 days to sort that out.

Anyway, I hope you're right but the package hasn't moved since March 27th so I'm losing hope each day that it continues to "sit" at a sorting facility. Continuing to hold out faith for now!

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BornToBeAPopstar:
quote:

I hope so, but I am worried. The USPS in my area is especially terrible. They've lost packages of mine before multiple times and what's worse is that they don't even care. The package was sent registered mail and they said it shouldn't take more than 1-3 days to sort that out.

Anyway, I hope you're right but the package hasn't moved since March 27th so I'm losing hope each day that it continues to "sit" at a sorting facility. Continuing to hold out faith for now!

Any good news???

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Any good news???

Spoke to another USPS employee today who said she put in a request at the ISC, or Customs, to contact me personally with more information. But she told me the same thing, it shouldn't have taken this long to sort. So I guess we'll see.

I go on vacation tomorrow morning and don't return until next week. So if it magically shows up, I won't know about it until Monday or Tuesday.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Any good news???

Spoke to another USPS employee today who said she put in a request at the ISC, or Customs, to contact me personally with more information. But she told me the same thing, it shouldn't have taken this long to sort. So I guess we'll see.

I go on vacation tomorrow morning and don't return until next week. So if it magically shows up, I won't know about it until Monday or Tuesday.

Hope you had a great vacation... did it show up yet?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So we kind of went south with SMG's cookbook, but what's going on with Buffy Series 2? No more new sketches to showcase? No more autograph card prices to discuss?

Is the interest in these cards this low or is it just the thread that's gone cold?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So we kind of went south with SMG's cookbook, but what's going on with Buffy Series 2? No more new sketches to showcase? No more autograph card prices to discuss?

Is the interest in these cards this low or is it just the thread that's gone cold?
not much has sold and no new ones popped up yet... I am going to check to see if there is any movement

posted Hide Post
Here is the sketch card I received...

Drusilla by Tim Shay

Posts: 38 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post