Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join
 
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:


Wow, so we've got one chance to snag a SMG Buffy auto in that case.



Not necessarily. I fully expect it to be a multi-case incentive (based on no evidence at all).
 
Posts: 3113 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
NSU Card Talk member "jane" took a photo of the Rittenhouse Archives Sarah Michelle Gellar card on Rittenhouse's table. I noticed her photo on Facebook and offered to post it for her.

 
Posts: 12931 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not my favourite photo of SMG from the show.... but, that being said, I wont complain as its been far too long since we had a Buffy set Smile

Interesting image format, I really like it. Big Grin
Can't wait to see more of them later on this year. Any word of a release time frame yet?

P.S
Thanks to Harris and Jane the image! Feel free to post more for those of us that couldn't go Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Byrne,
 
Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:


Wow, so we've got one chance to snag a SMG Buffy auto in that case.



Not necessarily. I fully expect it to be a multi-case incentive (based on no evidence at all).


Oh I meant one chance as this will be the only Buffy set available. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 6 case incentive or even more.
 
Posts: 1224 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I like the picture. I see SMG hasn't changed her signature, looks a bit like a kids lol

Thanks for showing us the pic Smile
 
Posts: 1224 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I am not saying that the SMG card will not be a case incentive, but this was posted by Steve Charendoff on the Rittenhouse board way back on 1/1/14:

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Charendoff:

We have not made any specific plans yet for this first series of Buffy cards, but I expect SMG's cards to be pack inserted. As we have more specific details, we will let you know.


I might not like everything Rittenhouse does (**cough** Star Trek Movies **cough**) but Steve is a very smart business man, and I think he knows SMG is the main selling point of this set. Not pack inserting the card kills the set, since everyone else who would be a big name other than Seth Green has signed before. Sarah seems to understand that her career is different now, which is why she is more active on social media (she tweets a lot) and is trying to be more fan friendly. I could see her signing a solid 250 cards to be pack inserted. I really would love one, this card is probably my holy grail -- I am a huge fan of Sarah (For goodness' sake, I watched every episode of 'Ringer' -- that was tough).

____________________
"For a universe that's supposed to be half Chinese, Firefly sure doesn't have any Asians." -- The Uncomfortable Truths Well
 
Posts: 1558 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I really like the choice of photo myself - the early seasons are my favourites. It is a shame if there will be only one set but I'm glad Buffy merchandise is still being released - still find it hard to believe it ended a full decade ago!
 
Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
I am not saying that the SMG card will not be a case incentive, but this was posted by Steve Charendoff on the Rittenhouse board way back on 1/1/14:

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Charendoff:

We have not made any specific plans yet for this first series of Buffy cards, but I expect SMG's cards to be pack inserted. As we have more specific details, we will let you know.


I might not like everything Rittenhouse does (**cough** Star Trek Movies **cough**) but Steve is a very smart business man, and I think he knows SMG is the main selling point of this set. Not pack inserting the card kills the set, since everyone else who would be a big name other than Seth Green has signed before. Sarah seems to understand that her career is different now, which is why she is more active on social media (she tweets a lot) and is trying to be more fan friendly. I could see her signing a solid 250 cards to be pack inserted. I really would love one, this card is probably my holy grail -- I am a huge fan of Sarah (For goodness' sake, I watched every episode of 'Ringer' -- that was tough).


That's good news but, considering my luck with RA products recently, I won't be ordering until I know sure that it's pack inserted and, even then, I'll be thinking twice about it.
 
Posts: 3113 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
I am not saying that the SMG card will not be a case incentive, but this was posted by Steve Charendoff on the Rittenhouse board way back on 1/1/14:

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Charendoff:

We have not made any specific plans yet for this first series of Buffy cards, but I expect SMG's cards to be pack inserted. As we have more specific details, we will let you know.


I might not like everything Rittenhouse does (**cough** Star Trek Movies **cough**) but Steve is a very smart business man, and I think he knows SMG is the main selling point of this set. Not pack inserting the card kills the set, since everyone else who would be a big name other than Seth Green has signed before. Sarah seems to understand that her career is different now, which is why she is more active on social media (she tweets a lot) and is trying to be more fan friendly. I could see her signing a solid 250 cards to be pack inserted. I really would love one, this card is probably my holy grail -- I am a huge fan of Sarah (For goodness' sake, I watched every episode of 'Ringer' -- that was tough).


But even still, the original Alyson Hannigan, David Boreanaz and Charisma Carpenter autos sell for a bucket load. I never go into collecting them because they were too expensive, let alone rare.

If RA can get those 3 to sign again, I'm sure they will be very sought after, especially if you can get more than one of them per case.

However tbh, I'm doubting we'll get some of these past actors to sign. I don't think Seth Green will and David Boreanaz seems to have moved far away from his Buffy/Angel days, so not convinced he will sign. Alyson only ever signed once, they did plenty of sets and she never agreed to sign again, so I have my doubts about her.

Out of the main stars that I think will sign:

James Marsters; Always been a great signer through different shows sets.
Nicholas Brendon; Hasn't done much since Buffy and had is issues. I don't see him turning down signing again.
Julie Benz; Always been a great signer for every show she's been in.
Amber Benson; Been a good signer for other sets.
Emma Caulfield; Moved on from acting mainly these days, but see no issue with her signing for her biggest role.
Michelle Tranchenberg; I don't see why she wouldn't sign.

I'm very doubtful about:
David Boreanaz
Alyson Hannigan
Juliet Landau
Seth Green
Anthony Head

Charisma I think she's more likely to sign than not, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

Either way, I can't wait for the set. I also can't believe it's been more than 10 years since the show finished.
 
Posts: 1224 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seth Green doesn't sign period...he didn't sign for Family Guy and was offer like $150 to $200 per auto.

Should be no reason Carpenter doesn't sign...she's signed for pop century.

Anthony Head has signed for a couple of sets. I could see him signing.
 
Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I agree with Chuck, I think Charisma, Anthony Head and Juliet Landau have a good likelihood. I don't know if it means anything now but Anthony is the only one of those who has signed for Rittenhouse before if I recall. What is your reasoning behind Juliet? She seemed a really willing signer for Inkworks, she has about 6 Drusilla autograph cards I think?

Personally I think Michelle Trachtenberg might be less likely to sign.

Other than that I agree on all counts. I think Eliza Dushku might be 50/50... A Joss Whedon autograph would be very welcome too, but I imagine he's extremely busy.

Honestly if this really is their only set and they have a massive selling point with Sarah Michelle Gellar's autograph, I don't see much financial incentive for Rittenhouse to pursue many/any further expensive signers unless Sarah signed very few. I'm not sure the number of extra boxes they would sell would be proportional to the added cost. (I don't know how much Rittenhouse, or anyone else, pays or whatever, I'm just massively assuming the busier/famous the are, the more they'll want...) but I'm sure Rittenhouse will still try, they've done extremely well with some of their other sets! But I hold zero hope for a Seth Green autograph if he turned down Leaf.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,
 
Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
I agree with Chuck, I think Charisma, Anthony Head and Juliet Landau have a good likelihood. I don't know if it means anything now but Anthony is the only one of those who has signed for Rittenhouse before if I recall. What is your reasoning behind Juliet? She seemed a really willing signer for Inkworks, she has about 6 Drusilla autograph cards I think?

Personally I think Michelle Trachtenberg might be less likely to sign.

Other than that I agree on all counts. I think Eliza Dushku might be 50/50... A Joss Whedon autograph would be very welcome too, but I imagine he's extremely busy.

Honestly if this really is their only set and they have a massive selling point with Sarah Michelle Gellar's autograph, I don't see much financial incentive for Rittenhouse to pursue many/any further expensive signers unless Sarah signed very few. I'm not sure the number of extra boxes they would sell would be proportional to the added cost. (I don't know how much Rittenhouse, or anyone else, pays or whatever, I'm just massively assuming the busier/famous the are, the more they'll want...) but I'm sure Rittenhouse will still try, they've done extremely well with some of their other sets! But I hold zero hope for a Seth Green autograph if he turned down Leaf.


Eliza is 99.9% fyi in my opinion. -She does many many shows (conventions)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MrBlueofnyc,

____________________
*** Owner of 258 West Authentic Signatures - Like us @ www.facebook.com/TwoFiftyEight
 
Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Totally forgot about Eliza Dushku lol

I didn't know Seth had turned down Family Guy for that much money OMG.

Maybe it will come down to who RA can afford as they've already got SMG to sign.

I really don't know...I thought Cranston and Paul would have signed for Breaking Bad and they said no. Ten years on from Buffy finishing, who knows what actors are willing to sign again for it, even if they have signed before.

I have zero autos from Buffy now, so I would welcome anyone to sign Smile
 
Posts: 1224 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Steve has stated on the RA boards that he wants to focus more attention on the actors who never signed for Buffy before. The thing is besides SMG and Seth Green all the other major characters have already signed. A few first-timers I would like to see sign are Amy Adams, Amber Tamblyn, Michelle Branch, and Rachel Bilson. None of them had a significant role to play in the show however. But they are fairly big names (Amy Adams would be huge). Alexis Denisof (as Wesley Wyndham-Pryce) would be a good one to get as he signed for Angel but not Buffy. As far as repeat signers Alyson Hannigan would be tops for me. I'd love to see her sign as Dark Willow. Long shot though for sure.
 
Posts: 1982 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
I will eat my hat if the SMG card is NOT a case incentive card! Mad
 
Posts: 802 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Charendoff:


I'm very doubtful about:
David Boreanaz
Alyson Hannigan
Juliet Landau
Seth Green
Anthony Head

Charisma I think she's more likely to sign than not, but I wouldn't guarantee it.



David is doing the Philly Wizard world convention in June. If anything they could have him sign cards there for his going rate but Im sure they will would out a better deal. Also Juliet does a fair amount of appearances as well.

____________________
*** Owner of 258 West Authentic Signatures - Like us @ www.facebook.com/TwoFiftyEight
 
Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of jane
posted Hide Post
Why do I have a feeling that if Alyson Hannigan signs she'll be the 9 case incentive?

____________________
Anne Welles - "You've got to climb Mount Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls."

http://www.sketchcollectors.co...lery.php?user_id=180
 
Posts: 3016 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Maybe the delay with releasing this set next year instead of this year, is RA trying their hardest to source some of the 'big' name autographs.
I'm not sure about any costume or prop cards as I thought a lot of that kind of stuff was sold off after the show finished...unless they're trying to source that too?
Either way, I'll be very interested in the signers for this set. Smile
 
Posts: 288 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Steve has stated on the RA boards that he wants to focus more attention on the actors who never signed for Buffy before. The thing is besides SMG and Seth Green all the other major characters have already signed. A few first-timers I would like to see sign are Amy Adams, Amber Tamblyn, Michelle Branch, and Rachel Bilson. None of them had a significant role to play in the show however. But they are fairly big names (Amy Adams would be huge). Alexis Denisof (as Wesley Wyndham-Pryce) would be a good one to get as he signed for Angel but not Buffy. As far as repeat signers Alyson Hannigan would be tops for me. I'd love to see her sign as Dark Willow. Long shot though for sure.


Similar - my worry with Rittenhouse mainly pursuing actors who haven't signed before is that they may end up polarising the set with high-end and low-end and make it a bit of a chore for those who don't buy in bulk. Spider-Man 3 has some really big signers but the sheer number of garbage men, subway guitarist, elevator passengers, etc make it a bit of a turn off buying boxes against picking things up individually on the after market...

I'd really like Wentworth Miller's autograph as new signers go.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,
 
Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the SMG photo. As this is the holy grail for so many collectors after years of wait, the card has to be in packs. If they want to add her as a dealer card, they can have her with another picture or horizontal style as they often do that.

____________________
"The good fight, yeah? You never know until you've been tested. I get that now."
- Cordelia in Angel
 
Posts: 1080 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 73 
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.

© Non-Sport Update 2013