Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
I do not envy you that choice Wink Cause we know we want them both (well if it were trek) and I've already proven myself to make dreadful choices giggle.

Thanks... ha ha

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:

Don't quote me but I thing all the rejections of the sketch cards was unforseen as I believe there where to be more added as just a hit. I also believe a card set was planned. Like I said don't quote on this as I don't know just what I got from the info i have when i was asked onto the set.

I am not sure if you would know... But are the sketches only of the monsters and or non-human characters?

Think there are sketches of Buffy or any other character?

Just curious to know...

Sorry, Not for me to say. But I will have Willow uncut AP"s. Wink

I understand... thanks.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Given how this set has panned out the only thing that really annoys me is still calling it the "Ultimate Collector's Set". Hmmm... not really. 1 of 2 autos, 9 cards and 100 sketches total (approx.).

I'm a little surprised at the people griping at the gripers. I distincly remember reading on the RA message boards Steve and collectors discussing getting 'new signers' not in the inkworks sets. Whilst RA have always been very vague on what this set would actually consist of, I think it was pretty obvious why people expected A LOT more than what we are getting.

Its a shame that it has seemingly all fallen apart behind the scenes. As nice as the sticker cards look I think it would have been good to have seen a couple of 'subsets' or variety of 'chase' cards, be them foil or embossed or themed. Just something a bit more interesting and that don't look like an afterthought in comparison to the autograph.

The sketches will be ridiculous money if Buffy fans really like them. One random sketch as a $1600 spend incentive is a very 'premium' hit for non-sports. Obviously not RA's fault given what has happened but if you think about it, RA would have sold all 400 sets no problem even without any sketches so I guess they're freebies to those buying anyway. Better to include them than not even if the images covered are not as comprehensive as once planned.

And when all is said and done, they still got Sarah Michelle Gellar. No one would be complaining if no Bond cards were made in years and then a out of nowhere RA, or any company like them, get 400 auto cards out of Sean Connery. This is the true Holy Grail card that Buffy fans have been waiting for and its a still a HUGE deal. It's not as cheap as we'd all like but a decent amount have been made and two different styles to choose from (I prefer the full-bleed version).

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also.... I was thinking about quality of the sketched.
I'm all for sketches, but I want a sketch of a memorable character, not some tombstone or something obscure! For $1600, this set looks like a total **** shoot from a non-sketch collector.

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
It seems to me like Rittenhouse put a half hearted effort into it once it was announced that the set would only have SMG's auto.
There isn't even a promo which makes me sad, I love all the different promos for the Inkworks sets. I still don't have them all, but it's fun tracking them down.

I too would have loved a couple of different sub sets. Maybe one that have the Scooby Gang and other main cast, and then one with all the big bads from the different seasons.

The stickers just seem so cheap to me, couldn't they have made them cards instead?
I just don't like the idea of stickers, are they harder to look after? Does the glue go off over time and ruin the image or anything like that?

But still all I really wanted was Sarah Michelle Gellar's autograph to go with the rest of my Buffy autos, so I won't complain too much.
Yes I don't have them all yet, but I'm slowly plugging along.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
Also.... I was thinking about quality of the sketched.
I'm all for sketches, but I want a sketch of a memorable character, not some tombstone or something obscure! For $1600, this set looks like a total **** shoot from a non-sketch collector.

Absolutely! Not being able to draw half the characters completely negates the point of having sketch cards. As much as the GoT sketches have looked nice, not being able to have characters makes me uninterested in collecting any.

Of course the SMG auto is great for people to be able to get, but we knew this from the beginning, so every other announcement is just a downer.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Given how this set has panned out the only thing that really annoys me is still calling it the "Ultimate Collector's Set". Hmmm... not really. 1 of 2 autos, 9 cards and 100 sketches total (approx.).

I'm a little surprised at the people griping at the gripers. I distincly remember reading on the RA message boards Steve and collectors discussing getting 'new signers' not in the inkworks sets. Whilst RA have always been very vague on what this set would actually consist of, I think it was pretty obvious why people expected A LOT more than what we are getting.

Its a shame that it has seemingly all fallen apart behind the scenes. As nice as the sticker cards look I think it would have been good to have seen a couple of 'subsets' or variety of 'chase' cards, be them foil or embossed or themed. Just something a bit more interesting and that don't look like an afterthought in comparison to the autograph.

The sketches will be ridiculous money if Buffy fans really like them. One random sketch as a $1600 spend incentive is a very 'premium' hit for non-sports. Obviously not RA's fault given what has happened but if you think about it, RA would have sold all 400 sets no problem even without any sketches so I guess they're freebies to those buying anyway. Better to include them than not even if the images covered are not as comprehensive as once planned.

And when all is said and done, they still got Sarah Michelle Gellar. No one would be complaining if no Bond cards were made in years and then a out of nowhere RA, or any company like them, get 400 auto cards out of Sean Connery. This is the true Holy Grail card that Buffy fans have been waiting for and its a still a HUGE deal. It's not as cheap as we'd all like but a decent amount have been made and two different styles to choose from (I prefer the full-bleed version).

I do agree about calling the set the "Ultimate Collector's Set"... Does not seem to fit the product.

I really only wanted the Sarah Michelle Gellar Buffy Auto card... So I am happy that it is finally here.

I hope this is the first and last Buffy set she signs for... I think with what happened with the set and even though they sold out, I would assume this is the last Buffy set.

The one thing I have an issue with is the Sketch Cards... Obviously, collectors are not going to be able to get them until they go on the bay or selling in shops.

Majority of the people purchasing 4 or more sets are dealers and the prices of the sketch cards will most likely start off high, all depending on the sketch and artist.

I just wonder what the sketches are going to be of???

Will there be any Buffy Sketch cards or all Monsters and Non-Humans from the series?

It seems from other posts on here that a lot of actors from the show did not want to have sketches of their characters.

So I wonder if they will even have any sketch cards of actors. Just sketch cards of monsters and non-humans.

I think if they had Sketch Cards of Buffy, they would have shown them on their website or somewhere else...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
Originally posted by X:

I do agree about calling the set the "Ultimate Collector's Set"... Does not seem to fit the product.

I really only wanted the Sarah Michelle Gellar Buffy Auto card... So I am happy that it is finally here.

I hope this is the first and last Buffy set she signs for... I think with what happened with the set and even though they sold out, I would assume this is the last Buffy set.

The one thing I have an issue with is the Sketch Cards... Obviously, collectors are not going to be able to get them until they go on the bay or selling in shops.

Majority of the people purchasing 4 or more sets are dealers and the prices of the sketch cards will most likely start off high, all depending on the sketch and artist.

I just wonder what the sketches are going to be of???

Will there be any Buffy Sketch cards or all Monsters and Non-Humans from the series?

It seems from other posts on here that a lot of actors from the show did not want to have sketches of their characters.

So I wonder if they will even have any sketch cards of actors. Just sketch cards of monsters and non-humans.

I think if they had Sketch Cards of Buffy, they would have shown them on their website or somewhere else...

There's definitely no Angel and from the sounds of it, no Buffy or Willow either. Then there's one more actor that also refused. So there should be some characters that were allowed to be drawn. Only problem is, did many of the artists draw these characters, or did they focus on the ones that ended up being rejected?

I'm sure all the character sketches will be priced high, there's going to be so few of them.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
There is sketches from all major characters on my part including Buffy and Angel. Didn't do any monsters/non-humans.

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:

There's definitely no Angel and from the sounds of it, no Buffy or Willow either. Then there's one more actor that also refused. So there should be some characters that were allowed to be drawn. Only problem is, did many of the artists draw these characters, or did they focus on the ones that ended up being rejected?

I'm sure all the character sketches will be priced high, there's going to be so few of them.

Thanks for the info...

I am kind of glad there might not be a Buffy Sketch card.

I am hoping there is not one because I wont be able to afford it now... ha ha

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Especially Desbois sketches, highly collectible no matter what subject...

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
There is sketches from all major characters on my part including Buffy and Angel. Didn't do any monsters/non-humans.

No surprise that yours were accepted lol. These going to be some pricey sketches!!!

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

I just don't like the idea of stickers, are they harder to look after? Does the glue go off over time and ruin the image or anything like that?

Two of the 1970's trek sets have had stickers and they're fine so. It was the darn GUM that made a mess of things Wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
No one would dare reject a Desbois sketch. Luv You

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I heard that at some point RA will post images of the sketch cards...

Lots of different characters are included, including some of Buffy, monsters, etc.

So I guess we will have to wait a few more weeks to see what the sketches look like...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:

Can't wait to see them... You do some great work!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if David was the only artist whose sketches were approved by certain actors. I guess we'll have to wait until the release to find out.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I wonder if David was the only artist whose sketches were approved by certain actors. I guess we'll have to wait until the release to find out.

Justice41 (artist Roy Cover) confirmed that on page 14 of this thread, first post. That should make the demand/price for those crazy.

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
The sketch Cards were slaughtered by 4 of the actors of the set. Those 4 wholesale rejected everything from everyone except a few by David Desbois. A ton of my Cards got canned because of that because I concentrated on the actors and not the monsters and demons. But still I will have 3 or more Artists Proofs to sell

When and where are you going to start selling them?

posted Hide Post
I may Not bother finishing the ones I've started and just send them back with paint all over them and cut up and get new blanks and start fresh

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post