Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The sketch Cards were slaughtered by 4 of the actors of the set. Those 4 wholesale rejected everything from everyone except a few by David Desbois. A ton of my Cards got canned because of that because I concentrated on the actors and not the monsters and demons. But still I will have 3 or more Artists Proofs to sell

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that, Cover. Very interesting info...

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if all this spells doom for any chance of a full set later on. Considering RA has used both SMG autos here, and the nightmare they appear to have had with getting sketch approvals. I can't imagine those actors who rejected all the sketches would then say yes to signing autographs. Maybe they feel as though they have moved on from Buffy and don't want to be linked to it anymore. Regardless I would think a full set seems quite unlikely now.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So if you happen to see a "Game of Thrones" or "Buffy" cast member in person, don't approach them for an autograph. Just stand back and draw them as fast as you can.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yeah, looking very unlikely RA will revisit if they had so much trouble with this set.

I don't know who they approached to sign autos, but they were concentrating on new signers. I can't imagine every former star of this show turned down to sign.

I think in the long run RA concentrated on the wrong thing with this set. The sketches caused them more problems than they would not have expected.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Does anyone think that there might be a chance that because the sketches are incentives that the auto might be a bit cheaper to pick up off the bay early on if there are lots listed?

It always seems that way with other sets that include high end incentives, but maybe because this release is really only the one auto(which is quite limited) and sketches(even more so) this may not be the case.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Yeah, looking very unlikely RA will revisit if they had so much trouble with this set.

I don't know who they approached to sign autos, but they were concentrating on new signers. I can't imagine every former star of this show turned down to sign.

I think in the long run RA concentrated on the wrong thing with this set. The sketches caused them more problems than they would not have expected.

Probably because I'm not a sketch collector and don't have much interest in them, but I really wish they hadn't included them at all.
They should have made sure before hand who what what could be approved for sketches, to save them all this mess of wasted time and money(for Rittenhouse that is)

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If artist posts are correct, the problem with the sketches appears to be that character likenesses were drawn on a number of actors that didn't agree to it. Originally it was mentioned that 3 characters were off limits. Now four actors are mentioned as gumming up the works. I would imagine these are a different group, since the sketches would seem to have done for these characters and then had to be rejected late in the process.

So is that to imply that 7 primary characters either refused from the start or had to be pulled from the sketches later on? If so, that would be most of the main Buffy cast.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Put down those pencils, you rogues, we must not be drawn!!! Mad

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:
I know and understand there has been some disappointment expressed, but when this set was first announced there was a huge level of excitement based solely around the fact that there was going to be a SMG auto.... try and remember that Smile

I stand by my previous statement, but sticker cards. Really, they couldn't come up with anything better??

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
On the bay... the prices for both versions of the autos are starting to go up a bit already.

They were starting out at $400 and now they are at $425 and $450 for either version of the auto...

Someone had both versions of the autos for $775 and now they have them at $850 for both.

I wonder how high people will try to sell them for...???

I am glad to see SMG Buffy Auto Cards and I am very glad they are not sticker autos as well...

But I wish there was only 1 version... So I would not be tempted to spend more money!

Ha ha ha

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I do not envy you that choice Wink Cause we know we want them both (well if it were trek) and I've already proven myself to make dreadful choices giggle.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I know and understand there has been some disappointment expressed, but when this set was first announced there was a huge level of excitement based solely around the fact that there was going to be a SMG auto.... try and remember that Smile

I stand by my previous statement, but sticker cards. Really, they couldn't come up with anything better??

I agree with you... I only cared about getting a SMG Buffy Auto.

But, I think they could have done something more besides stickers...

Atleast do not make the sketch cards basically a dealer incentive and I wish they could show us what the sketch cards look like.

I also wonder what the prices will be when the sketch cards hit the market.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
If artist posts are correct, the problem with the sketches appears to be that character likenesses were drawn on a number of actors that didn't agree to it. Originally it was mentioned that 3 characters were off limits. Now four actors are mentioned as gumming up the works. I would imagine these are a different group, since the sketches would seem to have done for these characters and then had to be rejected late in the process.

So is that to imply that 7 primary characters either refused from the start or had to be pulled from the sketches later on? If so, that would be most of the main Buffy cast.

One actor was just not involved from the beginning so it was 2 actors at first then 2 more so 4. The first 2 I didn't do any artwork of because i knew that as well as the one who was not involved. the second 2 were an unseen thing. Basically without the 4 actors there was no real reason to do any sketches in my Op. Would have saved me a lot of time and wasted materials.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
quote:

I agree with you... I only cared about getting a SMG Buffy Auto.

But, I think they could have done something more besides stickers...

Atleast do not make the sketch cards basically a dealer incentive and I wish they could show us what the sketch cards look like.

I also wonder what the prices will be when the sketch cards hit the market.

Don't quote me but I thing all the rejections of the sketch cards was unforseen as I believe there where to be more added as just a hit. I also believe a card set was planned. Like I said don't quote on this as I don't know just what I got from the info i have when i was asked onto the set.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't quote me but I thing all the rejections of the sketch cards was unforseen as I believe there where to be more added as just a hit. I also believe a card set was planned. Like I said don't quote on this as I don't know just what I got from the info i have when i was asked onto the set.

I am not sure if you would know... But are the sketches only of the monsters and or non-human characters?

Think there are sketches of Buffy or any other character?

Just curious to know...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:

I am not sure if you would know... But are the sketches only of the monsters and or non-human characters?

Think there are sketches of Buffy or any other character?

Just curious to know...

Sorry, Not for me to say. But I will have Willow uncut AP"s. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justice41:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

One actor was just not involved from the beginning so it was 2 actors at first then 2 more so 4. The first 2 I didn't do any artwork of because i knew that as well as the one who was not involved. the second 2 were an unseen thing. Basically without the 4 actors there was no real reason to do any sketches in my Op. Would have saved me a lot of time and wasted materials.

So without these 4, there wasn't much point doing sketches.

So sounds like No Buffy, No Angel, No Willow. Who could the 4th be? I'll guess Xander. Nicholas Brendon has his issues.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Does anyone think that there might be a chance that because the sketches are incentives that the auto might be a bit cheaper to pick up off the bay early on if there are lots listed?

It always seems that way with other sets that include high end incentives, but maybe because this release is really only the one auto(which is quite limited) and sketches(even more so) this may not be the case.

This is hard to say. Looks like many pre orders are already being purchased at the $400 mark. I don't know if we'll see it any lower than that.

This is over $513 Aussie dollars at $400 US. I really can't justify spending that kind of money on a single auto. If I had the other Inkworks autos, then perhaps I would. However it just seems a bit odd to only have this one auto from the entire series.

I really was hoping they would include some other nice cards to go with this set that could be displayed with the auto.

This is just a bad time to be importing things from the US.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:

Fun guessing game, since we won't know which characters couldn't be drawn until the sketches start to appear. Angel was never in it, that is a given.

But the only one that I would regard as a must have is the Buffy character. If Buffy is MIA for approved sketches that would be pretty silly in a set where SMG has done autographs. I am very surprised that this all wasn't worked out long before artists were given their stock. I wonder what happens to the rejected art, I'll bet it's good work.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post