Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Nothing beats the Classics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHFJ8oju9u0

I hate being WRONG!

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So just as a hypothetical, let's say that Series 2 comes out as a $399 box with a handful of base cards, like Buffy 1, only it has alternating SMG and Hannigan autographs. One box, one auto of one or the other, not both.

Are you all still down (good I mean) with that?

And in this instance, I hate being RIGHT!

The only question now is, will sketches also be an alternating hit, or are they going to be handed out as an incentive for buying multiple packs like the first release?

I'm thinking same as last time, incentive/reward.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The only question now is, will sketches also be an alternating hit, or are they going to be handed out as an incentive for buying multiple packs like the first release?

I'm thinking same as last time, incentive/reward.

Here's my speculation. I'm thinking that the collector set will revolve around Alyson Hannigan, but each set could come with a sketch this time. The SMG auto/costume would be the multi-set incentive. That's my uneducated guess. Wink

But you would have to figure that 2 of the 3 will be included in the set and the other will be the incentive. So pick your combination:

Set: Hannigan auto & sketch -- Incentive: SMG auto/costume
Set: Hannigan auto & SMG auto/costume -- Incentive: sketch
Set: SMG auto/costume & sketch -- Incentive: Hannigan auto

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Ahh, if your talking the whole "set", I'd say choice #2, Hannigan & SMG auto/costume and incentive sketch.

That makes sense because remember we are buying in a premium pack that will probably be around the $399 as before, if not more. For that single purchase you got a guaranteed 1 of 2 SMG autos in the first release.

RA will have to guarantee either the Hannigan or SMG this time as well. To have the alternate guaranteed hit be a sketch makes for all kinds of problems. Maybe the buyer doesn't like the particular sketch. Maybe the overall sketch quality isn't as good as the last time. Maybe the buyer only wants the autographs. If they said you might only get a sketch in your pack for that kind of money, I think some people will hold off to buy on the secondary market.

If they put more than one hit in the pack, it could be one of the surprise autos mentioned and that might even be a better value, depending on the unknown signers.

But I don't know, "focus on fewer items to collect, but what there is will be high quality". That should be followed by just bring money. Big Grin

Why even call it a set, just sell individual cards and be done with the pretense. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm super excited for this but I'm going to be extra careful this time around on pre-ordering and exactly what and how much I buy. I'll be the first to admit with the first set I was completely wrong on the value that the Sarah Michelle Gellar autographs would hold, at least thus far. I thought they would do nothing but go up in value after release making the initial prices seem like a bargain. So far it's been the complete opposite. Her autographs are barely selling for $200 now. That tends to happen with a lot of these "Collector Sets" or individual autographs sold direct. This kind of thing can easily happen when the market is not dictating the initial prices. You can get burned if you're not careful or too impatient. The only one I can recall that has held and surpassed it's initial price has been the Robert Downey Jr. variant as Iron Man. So like I said, still excited, but I'm going to be a little smarter this time. Wink

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I'm super excited for this but I'm going to be extra careful this time around on pre-ordering and exactly what and how much I buy. I'll be the first to admit with the first set I was completely wrong on the value that the Sarah Michelle Gellar autographs would hold, at least thus far. I thought they would do nothing but go up in value after release making the initial prices seem like a bargain. So far it's been the complete opposite. Her autographs are barely selling for $200 now. That tends to happen with a lot of these "Collector Sets" or individual autographs sold direct. This kind of thing can easily happen when the market is not dictating the initial prices. You can get burned if you're not careful or too impatient. The only one I can recall that has held and surpassed it's initial price has been the Robert Downey Jr. variant as Iron Man. So like I said, still excited, but I'm going to be a little smarter this time. Wink

If you look at the first thread about last year's Buffy release, the posts were all about the Buffy autograph until the sketches went up. After that the sketches were 90% of the conversation and the SMG autograph was hardly mentioned. When the new signed SMG relic comes out the autograph card value of the first 2 versions may become even more affordable since as you say, they are not hard to find now, but I do think the average asking is a bit higher so far.

No where near the initial $399 though, but that was discounted almost from the start because dealers made the money on the incentive sketches and were happy just to move the autographs. Now enough time has passed for the flippers and casual holders to realize that these autos are not going to have a short turn around profit and they are just trying to recoup some money for the next big thing.

Good for me, I'm going to pick a SMG auto eventually. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
the Sketches were the Incentives.

Collectors couldn't order them Direct from RA.A lot of people were able to get the Autos for the Listed price or cheaper.

I know a lot of Orders were cut...My Order was cut, So I know first hand.

I was way ahead of this release. I contacted almost every artist about their ARs. Managed to Buy a few & Sold a Whole Lot of them.

A distributor was selling his allotment of Autos but no one thought to ask him about his sketches.... I bought half of the ones he got. For some reason , He thought I was trying to Monopolize the Market. He sold the rest to a good friend in Texas.

The sketch prices have gone down as well, I am perfectly happy to keep the ones I have til the release & Hopefully Interest picks back up.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
the Sketches were the Incentives.

Collectors couldn't order them Direct from RA.A lot of people were able to get the Autos for the Listed price or cheaper.

Same as what I said. Dealers bought the "sets" to get the incentive sketches. They made money on the sketches, so could afford to discount the SMG autos to around $350 from the start if they choose to move them. A lot of collectors paid full retail. Now you can find the autographs for under $250.

The sketch prices have gone down because many sold too high to begin with, so resale won't top it and those that never sold again have to be lowered or they will linger. Certainly some of the art was great, but even the great pieces were sold at prices at the very top. Where can the value go but down?

One of the many things I find funny about this hobby is that many collectors believe that there is no wrong way. As long as you like it, as long as you think it's worth it, as long as the secondary market supports it, as long as it sells through, you have justification. Until you are disappointed and sorry of course. Wink

Sometimes there really is a wrong.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
i have 2 sketches I really wouldn't mind Keeping... Buffy by Mick & Matt Glebe & Sweet from Once More with Feeling by Scott Rorie

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kh8R...23022101-418-240.gif 

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Someone just Bought all my Buffy sketches....

I'm Sold out across the board.

gotta wait for series 2 now.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I just did some calculating out of boredom and since April 26 (13 days) that same buyer has bought a grand total of 19 Buffy sketches on ebay (including 5 still unopened) for a total of $8504.18. Eek There is now only 1 Buffy sketch left on ebay. All I can say is the buyer's a little late to the Buffy sketch party but now that they're here, they certainly aren't messing around. Big Grin Eek

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New Tim Shay sketch of Gnarl just turned up:

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
added the image to the collection....

https://www.facebook.com/media...151563084890&type=3#

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Giles has Shown Up as well...... It's a relist!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:

I just did some calculating out of boredom and since April 26 (13 days) that same buyer has bought a grand total of 19 Buffy sketches on ebay (including 5 still unopened) for a total of $8504.18. Eek There is now only 1 Buffy sketch left on ebay. All I can say is the buyer's a little late to the Buffy sketch party but now that they're here, they certainly aren't messing around. Big Grin Eek

I had a dream that I hit the lottery and instantly purchased any Buffy sketch or pack that was available on eBay (also some other series too lol) sooooo maybe someone else actually got a huge payday and did just that. I would have done the same lol

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Did Rittenhouse confirm a Release date for the Next Buffy Set yet?

I know that Steve commented on the set and what it is going to be like...
(Logan already posted this info on this thread)

"Buffy is not likely to be a traditional foil pack/case series. Our focus with Buffy is fewer items to collect, but what there is will be high quality."

Does that mean it will be a similar situation like the last Buffy release?

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
A Few Charles Hall Buffy Sketches...work in progress

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
IMO Hall generally does exceptional work, but when he has a lot on you can see some likenesses slip (see bottom Willow card). Then you look at the top Buffy card and it looks fantastic. No doubt more great cards from him to come. Thanks for the pics Kryten.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
These are Not finished, Considering what his cards look like...I'd say he's at about the half way point when these pics were Taken.