Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How much does a typical box of RH cost?
I'm trying to budget now and start saving! ahhah

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Most Rittenhouse boxes I have purchased are $65 and cases were $750, but I haven't purchased a box or case in a few years now.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Having lived through all the Buffy shows and collected all the Buffy card sets only to constantly be disappointed by SMG refusing to sign any cards for the sets or have anything to do with the show or it's fans am I the only person who is now thinking that SMG can stick her autograph, we are not amused. Twak Mad

You are alone on this!

Yip! YIP! Yippie! SMG Autos!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not too bad!
Lets hope its not premium format based!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Some other names they could get from Buffy's 7 seasons that haven't signed before:

Seth Green
Amy Adams
Leonard Roberts
Jack Plotnick
Fab Filippo
Azura Skye
Cynthia LaMontagne
Eric Balfour
Wentworth Miller
Amber Tamblyn

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i would do a lenticular set. with a chase set of the opening credits, same with angel. you could even do sound cards but ONLY if you can replace the battery!!!!!!!!!!

...if you can count them you haven't got enough.

Posts: 167 | Location: uk | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wolfie:
Having lived through all the Buffy shows and collected all the Buffy card sets only to constantly be disappointed by SMG refusing to sign any cards for the sets or have anything to do with the show or it's fans am I the only person who is now thinking that SMG can stick her autograph, we are not amused. Twak Mad

You are alone on this!

QUOTE]

I am used to it, I get it a lot. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
.... we are not amused. Twak Mad

Cheer up Wolfie, it's CHRISTMAS!! Angel

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
OMG! I have to call everyone I know right now...

I know what I'm gonna have to start saving for next year...

Val

Christmas is canceled. Must start saving now. Hi Val!!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
OMG! I have to call everyone I know right now...

I know what I'm gonna have to start saving for next year...

Val

Christmas is canceled. Must start saving now. Hi Val!!

Hola! Thanks for the XMas card!

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:
.... we are not amused. Twak Mad

Cheer up Wolfie, it's CHRISTMAS!! Angel
Ah, but in the true spirit of 'A Christmas Carol', Wolfie can remain in 'Bah Humbug' Scrooge mode until midnight on Christmas Eve when the three ghosts of Christmas Card Collecting will pay him a visit and set him right Big Grin

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I was always disappointed that SMG didn't sign for Buffy or Scooby Doo, but she was the star and I have been a fan forever and will buy the set and make sure I get any cards in it with her signature.

This is great news, Merry Christmas!

Billy

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought a single card in over 8 months, but I'll be keeping an eye on this set. If RA manages to get several key signers (Whedon, Hannigan, Head and several of those who never signed before) I will pull the trigger on a case, or 2. Smile

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
With RA at the helm of a Buffy set, they would have had a major shot at pulling off a dual SMG/Boreanaz.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
I haven't bought a single card in over 8 months, but I'll be keeping an eye on this set. If RA manages to get several key signers (Whedon, Hannigan, Head and several of those who never signed before) I will pull the trigger on a case, or 2. Smile

I'm in the same boat, I haven't bought anything for quite some time now due to a few factors but this will change everything for me. I only wish it was Rittenhouse doing the new Firefly set as well instead of Upper Deck.

Also, I would love to see some more of the art from the season eight and nine comic covers on cards, as alot of them are quite spectacular.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

doing the new Firefly set as well instead of Upper Deck.

I didn't know anything about this. Confused

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

doing the new Firefly set as well instead of Upper Deck.

I didn't know anything about this. Confused

There's an article in the NSU blog Here Wolfie Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ooh thanks, I'd missed that.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You are alone on this!

No he's not just a lot of people are not responding in fear of retaliation.

So unless SMG had a change of heart and is doing this for almost nothing or RA dropped some serious coin there will not be very many of them so either going to be a 9 case incentive or something else like 1 in 20,000 packs.
IMO there is no way she will sign enough to be pack inserted. You all seriously believe she would go from signing ZERO cards to sign enough to be inserted into packs. Roll Eyes

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brimaster:
quote:
quote:

You are alone on this!

No he's not just a lot of people are not responding in fear of retaliation.

So unless SMG had a change of heart and is doing this for almost nothing or RA dropped some serious coin there will not be very many of them so either going to be a 9 case incentive or something else like 1 in 20,000 packs.
IMO there is no way she will sign enough to be pack inserted. You all seriously believe she would go from signing ZERO cards to sign enough to be inserted into packs. Roll Eyes

I am staying optimistic- SMG has done a lot of things differently this past year- from having no internet presence at all to having both an official Facebook page and Twitter account. Also I think she has grown to appreciate her time on Buffy and the fact that it was a major milestone in her career. Could be she changed agents. Who knows, but I think whatever the card ends up being will be pack-inserted.

RA seems to be good at getting previously difficult signers to sign cards for them- we've already gotten Halle Berry and Teri Hatcher, not surprised they got Sarah.

Val