Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Judge by Warren Martineck...

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
Carolyn Edwards Facebook Post
Hi all, I'm looking for some eagle eyed Sketch Card fans to let me know if this Buffy Artist's Return card turns up on eBay, or anywhere else for sale please?
It has been 'lost' in San Francisco, despite being tracked and insured, and signed for, and everything! Any info at all on its possible whereabouts would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

I Know the Seller & The BUYER..... & I WILL BE WATCHING! If You Sign for it & Open a Claim saying you didn't get it..... You're a Smeghead!

If it was signed for by the person it was being sent to then how in the world can the seller lose that case? I would think the signature would make it an easy victory for the seller should a case be opened for "item not received".

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
If it was signed for by the person it was being sent to then how in the world can the seller lose that case? I would think the signature would make it an easy victory for the seller should a case be opened for "item not received".

If you go back to Ms. Edwards original post here in User Announcements, she doesn't say that it was signed for, just that tracking says it got as far as the San Francisco Sorting Depot. Then it hasn't moved.

This is what's bad about the tracking system, people think it prevents items from going lost. It doesn't, it just tells you the last point at which it was logged into the system. So it shows it got to San Francisco, but then no one clinked the bar code after that, so that is the last location it has registered and that's all the PO knows.

With or without a tracking number, items are just as lost until they turn up again. If it never turns up, I think it reverts to whether or not the package was sufficiently insured for its true value. If it was, the transaction itself is probably covered.

It sounds like Ms. Edwards is just trying to inform the card community so that it might get reported in the event that her missing AR pops up for sale by some unknown person.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well perhaps Ms. Edwards can clarify, because that is not how I read her post. She clearly says after that it hasn't moved from the San Francisco Sorting Depot. That means it is not marked as having been delivered. You are quoting from another post, read the one she wrote here.

I'll quote it . . .

"I shipped it via Royal Mail International, tracked, insured and signed for.

The tracking locator shows it having reached San Francisco Sorting Depot, but it has not moved any further since 27th March."

To me, I think it means the package was tracked, insured and meant to be signed upon delivery. Only it hasn't been clinked as delivered, so now its just lingering in between and its nowhere. If the package was marked as delivered and signed for the PO would not still have it at the Depot and the buyer wouldn't have a claim.

I could be wrong, but I have had a couple of bad experiences with items that had tracking numbers. One was returned to the sender after a long while for no reason and the other never turned up at all, although they know the last relay station it passed through. Lot of good that was. The seller wound up getting paid on the claim because the item was never delivered and never recovered, but I lost my purchase.

A claim will be honored here if the PO can't show that it was delivered and signed for. That doesn't mean someone didn't swipe it, which is why its good to get the word out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I just received Clarification from Ms. Edwards...
you are correct....she has amended her post that I quoted to be more Clear.

the Post Office has "LOST" it.....

here's her edited post.

Carolyn Edwards
21 hrs · City of Salford, United Kingdom

Hi all, I'm looking for some eagle eyed Sketch Card fans to let me know if this Buffy Artist's Return card turns up on eBay, or anywhere else for sale please?

It has been 'lost' in San Francisco, despite being tracked and insured. It hasn't got any further than the sorting depot, according to online tracking, and the seller hasn't received it.

Any info at all on its possible whereabouts would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154088714779413/

I apologize for my Rush to judgement on this one....The Original Post & Mr. Lightfoot losing ARs to the same Person......looked Really Bad.

This was a MISTAKE on my Part & I apologize.
I sent Ms. Edwards a message by Facebook before I posted anything but she's about 4-5 hours ahead of me.

Then I saw a post by Lee Lightfoot about the same thing & figured the Worst.

This is too important not to correct.

I AM SORRY for My Mistake.

So, Please keep an Eye out for it on eBay & Elsewhere.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Very good to have cleared it up, no harm, no foul. Smile

It is still possible that the package will turn up. Or it could even be returned to the sender without any system entry, as mine was a couple of Christmas' ago. Tracking is a great automated system, but the human element is still required. If it doesn't go thru a scanner, or the mailman delivers without clicking the handheld, the tracking just stops at the last scanned location.

The good news is that the insurance has to cover if the PO can't prove delivery, so at least the person stuck paying will get their money back. Unfortunately, not the sketch.

However, since it is a one of a kind sketch and the word is circulating, if it publicly surfaces it might well be recognized and reported. So if it is in the wrong hands, be on notice. I do hope it finds its way to the buyer, its a really nice Buffy. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Topps has gotten Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign for their upcoming 2017 Star Wars Masterwork set and judging by the image, it looks as though she left the "Gellar" off her signature just like on her books. Who knows but her Buffy autographs may be the only time she signs her full name on a trading card.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Topps has gotten Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign for their upcoming 2017 Star Wars Masterwork set and judging by the image, it looks as though she left the "Gellar" off her signature just like on her books. Who knows but her Buffy autographs may be the only time she signs her full name on a trading card.

Yes, it was a given that this was going to happen. I don't think TOPPS had to try real hard to land her now. Big Grin

But the image is from the animated series and her signature seems to have now lost the last name, so the older Buffy autos will be preferred, unless its Star Wars that is more important to the collector.

You still can't count on the supply of her full signature being very limited though. I'm sure that Buffy Series 3 will have to have 1 or perhaps even 2 new SMG autographs in it. It won't sell at these prices with just the 1 mystery signer. So it depends when she did her autographs and if she used her old 3 name autograph or her newer 2 name autograph.

If the new Buffy series increases the supply of the preferred 3 name signature, it won't get any premium for it beyond the market price. It will just be that her shortened Star Wars autos will be cheaper, which you can expect anyway because it is not her big character. Only if it looks like she is not increasing the supply of the 3 name autograph, will it start to earn a premium.

Unfortunately, how can you ever depend on that? Some celebrities use different versions of their signature all the time. All you can do is decide which one is the best looking one for your money, but which one is the more limited version is something that takes a long time to figure out and SMG is nowhere near telling. She has just gotten started. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Yes, it was a given that this was going to happen. I don't think TOPPS had to try real hard to land her now. Big Grin

But the image is from the animated series and her signature seems to have now lost the last name, so the older Buffy autos will be preferred, unless its Star Wars that is more important to the collector.

You still can't count on the supply of her full signature being very limited though. I'm sure that Buffy Series 3 will have to have 1 or perhaps even 2 new SMG autographs in it. It won't sell at these prices with just the 1 mystery signer. So it depends when she did her autographs and if she used her old 3 name autograph or her newer 2 name autograph.

If the new Buffy series increases the supply of the preferred 3 name signature, it won't get any premium for it beyond the market price. It will just be that her shortened Star Wars autos will be cheaper, which you can expect anyway because it is not her big character. Only if it looks like she is not increasing the supply of the 3 name autograph, will it start to earn a premium.

Unfortunately, how can you ever depend on that? Some celebrities use different versions of their signature all the time. All you can do is decide which one is the best looking one for your money, but which one is the more limited version is something that takes a long time to figure out and SMG is nowhere near telling. She has just gotten started. Wink

Is this set being released around November 2017?

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
quote:

Is this set being released around November 2017?

November 8 if you mean Star Wars Masterwork. If it's the next Buffy set you're referring to, that I don't know.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Yes... I meant the Star Wars Masterwork set.

Thanks.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kristin Allen sketch that I don't believe has been shown here...

posted Hide Post
After almost two months, the "missing/lost" Carolyn Edwards Buffy AR card finally showed up at my house today! I had thought for sure it was lost or delivered to the wrong place, considering the last trace on the package was March 27th at a Customs facility. Randomly a few days ago the package had it's first movement in almost 7 weeks! It went from San Francisco to New Jersey for some reason and then sent back to California and eventually San Francisco. Also the package was a little damaged when it arrived and looked like a label was re-applied on to it. I'm not sure what happened with the post office, but I'm just glad it arrived finally. I never had a chance to reply in this thread about the delivery drama because after buying two sketch cards that got "lost" I got really depressed and stopped checking the thread. But yes, I never signed for the package months ago like was being stated in here. I didn't sign for the package until just now when my mailman personally handed it to me and got my signature like he was supposed to.

Also, I'm not sure how reliable your local post office is with deliveries but I have "lost" THREE packages in the past two months. Two of those packages were sketch cards. One has now finally arrived, but another is still at large. The issue with the other package is that it was signed for by a "neighbor" but none of my neighbors signed for the package. After going to the post office and seeing that someone signed for the package with MY address. I filed a formal complaint on my local post office and it looks like someone was finally listening because the store manager just got fired. Also the one specific mailman might also lose his job because he got a signature from a random person and left my package with them, and he can't tell me exactly which house it was. In my opinion, this means he delivered it to the wrong place either by accident or just by being lazy. The local post office has guaranteed me a refund for that one because it's illegal for him to do that. I guess the one upside having to do with all this is that I've become very close with the new mailman delivering in my area and I feel like he'll do his job with a little more caution from now on.

Anyway, with all that said the Edwards Buffy sketch is extremely beautiful in person and it's now officially the favorite card in my entire collection. Funny enough, this was such a stressful delivery process but in the end I'm just happy that it's here.

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BornToBeAPopstar:
After almost two months, the "missing/lost" Carolyn Edwards Buffy AR card finally showed up at my house today! I had thought for sure it was lost or delivered to the wrong place, considering the last trace on the package was March 27th at a Customs facility. Randomly a few days ago the package had it's first movement in almost 7 weeks! It went from San Francisco to New Jersey for some reason and then sent back to California and eventually San Francisco. Also the package was a little damaged when it arrived and looked like a label was re-applied on to it. I'm not sure what happened with the post office, but I'm just glad it arrived finally. I never had a chance to reply in this thread about the delivery drama because after buying two sketch cards that got "lost" I got really depressed and stopped checking the thread. But yes, I never signed for the package months ago like was being stated in here. I didn't sign for the package until just now when my mailman personally handed it to me and got my signature like he was supposed to.

Also, I'm not sure how reliable your local post office is with deliveries but I have "lost" THREE packages in the past two months. Two of those packages were sketch cards. One has now finally arrived, but another is still at large. The issue with the other package is that it was signed for by a "neighbor" but none of my neighbors signed for the package. After going to the post office and seeing that someone signed for the package with MY address. I filed a formal complaint on my local post office and it looks like someone was finally listening because the store manager just got fired. Also the one specific mailman might also lose his job because he got a signature from a random person and left my package with them, and he can't tell me exactly which house it was. In my opinion, this means he delivered it to the wrong place either by accident or just by being lazy. The local post office has guaranteed me a refund for that one because it's illegal for him to do that. I guess the one upside having to do with all this is that I've become very close with the new mailman delivering in my area and I feel like he'll do his job with a little more caution from now on.

Anyway, with all that said the Edwards Buffy sketch is extremely beautiful in person and it's now officially the favorite card in my entire collection. Funny enough, this was such a stressful delivery process but in the end I'm just happy that it's here.

I'm glad everything ended up working out for you and Ms. Edwards. And congrats on that awesome sketch! Drool

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is still possible that the package will turn up. Or it could even be returned to the sender without any system entry, as mine was a couple of Christmas' ago. Tracking is a great automated system, but the human element is still required. If it doesn't go thru a scanner, or the mailman delivers without clicking the handheld, the tracking just stops at the last scanned location.

The good news is that the insurance has to cover if the PO can't prove delivery, so at least the person stuck paying will get their money back. Thumb Up

This.

Glad you got it, very fine sketch. Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The good news is that the insurance has to cover if the PO can't prove delivery, so at least the person stuck paying will get their money back. Thumb Up

This.

I was holding out hope that it would still show up, but after the 5 week mark I started feeling really hopeless. I knew there was a chance it might still show up, but they said the chance was extremely small and would get smaller each day it goes missing. It just makes no sense for it to go all the way from San Francisco to New Jersey for no reason and then come back here. They said that it most likely got misplaced at Customs and went to the wrong place. But for 7 weeks?! Anyway, I'm glad it's all figured out now ☺

Posts: 44 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: December 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New Kristin Allen sketch...

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BornToBeAPopstar:
quote:
quote:

This.

I was holding out hope that it would still show up, but after the 5 week mark I started feeling really hopeless. I knew there was a chance it might still show up, but they said the chance was extremely small and would get smaller each day it goes missing. It just makes no sense for it to go all the way from San Francisco to New Jersey for no reason and then come back here. They said that it most likely got misplaced at Customs and went to the wrong place. But for 7 weeks?! Anyway, I'm glad it's all figured out now ☺

Just to underline this all, I'm also very relieved the card eventually found its way to its destination. Much relief all round.
Phew! As you were. All sorted.

Posts: 9 | Location: UK | Registered: May 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse has updated the release schedule on their site and "Buffy The Vampire Slayer - The Ultimate Collector's Set 3" is scheduled for this November. I'm very interested to see what it includes and for what price. I've seen the previous set's autographs now sell for around $160 on a $399.99 SRP. And Sarah and Alyson are as big as it gets from Buffy.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
What's with the big secret with the signer for set number 3?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post