Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Look at this beauty that just turned up on a certain site:

Finally a Cordelia!! Drool

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:

I just saw it... I was started to think there might not be a Cordelia sketch out there.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:

I just saw it... I was started to think there might not be a Cordelia sketch out there.

So happy to see a Cordy sketch at last! Smile

And it's an auction, will be interesting to see how much it goes for.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
quote:

So happy to see a Cordy sketch at last! Smile

And it's an auction, will be interesting to see how much it goes for.

Already up to $55.54 with 6 Days and 21 Hours Left...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I think this auction might be the best way to gauge a price these sketches are worth, since there haven't been many auctions, just BINs.
Especially since it's of one of the scooby gang.

quote:

I just checked and it has already jumped to $300 Eek

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I think this auction might be the best way to gauge a price these sketches are worth, since there haven't been many auctions, just BINs.
Especially since it's of one of the scooby gang.

quote:

I just checked and it has already jumped to $300 Eek

Wow... It was around $60 alittle while ago... It is not going to go cheap...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Considering what other sketches are going for, this has to be a $600-$700+ card.

Btw, it is now just over $400.00

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Considering what other sketches are going for, this has to be a $600-$700+ card.

Btw, it is now just over $400.00

I am thinking around $800-850 will be the final number on this one.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Could be on the plus side of a grand if there are no other known Cordelia sketches.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And the seller pre-sold 28 SMG autographs, either individually or in set/lots of 2. That means he has at least 7 incentive sketches. He's going to make a killing on those alone. Does anyone else find it strange that the sketches have almost completely overshadowed the SMG autographs? Although I'm not much of a sketch collector myself, I do admire the work done on these and mean no disrespect to the artists, but I don't think I've ever seen Rittenhouse release something like this where the incentives seem to have captured most of the interest while the featured card(s) now feel like an afterthought.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
People tend to want what they can't have and with this release, the autograph cards, amazing subject notwithstanding, were a lot easier to get than the sketch cards.

Even so, if these were throwaway sketches as opposed to what they turned out to be, no one would be talking about them at all. Quality is everything in a sketch set, and this one is certainly not lacking for that.

In the long run, I think I'd still rather have the SMG autograph than even the nicest sketch. I like autographs of the people who actually did the thing that inspired the set more than even outstanding drawings by people who, as talented as they are, didn't have anything to do with it originally.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Could be on the plus side of a grand if there are no other known Cordelia sketches.

I agree on the price maybe reaching the $1000 mark, but I think that would only be because so far this is the only Cordelia sketch to be seen.
I imagine David Desbois must have drawn/painted all of the main characters including Cordelia, so unless Mr Desbois himself says otherwise I don't think for one second that this is the only Cordy sketch.

What intrigues me more than anything at the moment is we have yet, to see any of Seth Ismart's work for this set.

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
People tend to want what they can't have and with this release, the autograph cards, amazing subject notwithstanding, were a lot easier to get than the sketch cards.

Even so, if these were throwaway sketches as opposed to what they turned out to be, no one would be talking about them at all. Quality is everything in a sketch set, and this one is certainly not lacking for that.

In the long run, I think I'd still rather have the SMG autograph than even the nicest sketch. I like autographs of the people who actually did the thing that inspired the set more than even outstanding drawings by people who, as talented as they are, didn't have anything to do with it originally.

This, I agree with wholeheartedly.

And the fact for me is this is the first set for a license that is really close to my heart to have sketches.
So I'm mainly following and trying to track down and see every sketch made for this set, I don't necessarily want to own them all, I just want to see them all Smile

Picture of SamIAm
posted Hide Post
New sketch artist found for this set Ingrid Hardy not listed!

Posts: 35 | Location: Australia | Registered: April 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I wish that Rittenhouse would post all of the Sketches on their site so everyone could see all of the great work that was produced...

I doubt they would do that, but I am hoping.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm:
New sketch artist found for this set Ingrid Hardy not listed!

Found...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
and a new Roy Cover found...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Rhiannon Owens Sketch Collection...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Tim Shay Sketches...

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So now that artist collections are being posted, does anyone know which, if any, were reclaimed as artist proofs?

Any scan with a seal was obviously released.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So now that artist collections are being posted, does anyone know which, if any, were reclaimed as artist proofs?

Any scan with a seal was obviously released.

Not sure yet...

I know Tim Shay said on his FB page that he will post his AP's soon...

Here is his quote from his FB page:

"My Buffy sketches that have been sighted to date... FYI, My Artist Returns are on their way, they will be posted soon"

The above pics of Sketches are from the artist's sites... majority of them I have seen with a Rittenhouse Gold Seal.