Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking they'll have 2 autos per box seeing as I agree costumes and props will be pretty hard to come by now so many years after the show has finished.

There will no doubt be dealer incentives (though if SMG's auto is pack inserted, they would probably sell out regardless). Would love some dual autos or something as incentives if they couldn't get some of the bigger names.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
It would be great if Seth Green would finally sign for a set. I recall Leaf trying to get him for the Family Guy set a few years ago and he declined the offer.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Nice full signature from SMG and on a stunning full bleed card featuring iconic early season pic... great card for Buffy fans.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Saw a scan of the card at the philly show - looks VERY nice

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's an idea, we have Gellar, we a have a great first time Buffy full bleed style, let's all pretend it's starting again, first time signers are great, yes, but lets just hope for as many season 1-7 signers as possible, and lets not dwell on Seth Green who's only real good performance was in Old Dogs. Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Scott Evil in the "Austin Powers" trilogy.
Egg in "Hotel New Hampshire".
Kenny in "Can't Hardly Wait".
James St. James in "Party Monster".
Chris Griffin in "Family Guy".

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Scott Evil in the "Austin Powers" trilogy.
Egg in "Hotel New Hampshire".
Kenny in "Can't Hardly Wait".
James St. James in "Party Monster".
Chris Griffin in "Family Guy".

Stick out tongue did mean I was trying to be funny, but lets be honest, Austin Powers ? he only had fill in lines.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Scott Evil: It's no hassle...

Dr. Evil: Sh!

Scott Evil: But...

Scott Evil: I'm...

Scott Evil: All I'm say...

Scott Evil: There gonna get a...

Scott Evil: I'm...

Scott Evil: I'm just...

Scott Evil: Would...

Dr. Evil: Sh!... Knock-knock.

Scott Evil: Who's there?

Scott Evil: But...

Dr. Evil: Let me tell you a little story about a man named Sh! Sh! even before you start. That was a pre-emptive "sh!" Now, I have a whole bag of "sh!" with your name on it.

Big Grin

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see that her CBS sit-com with Robin Williams was just cancelled....

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's too bad. They even had an episode where Robin Williams reunited with Pam Dawber, who was Mindy to his Mork. That's was a nice moment for a 1970's enthusiast like me. (I'm still my favorite thing from that decade, but that is constantly challenged these days. Sweet and poison nostalgia).

Anyway, this TV season was especially harsh on sitcoms. Besides "How I Met Your Mother" choosing to end, all the new Fox sitcoms except "Brooklyn 99" were cancelled, as were most of the new series on the other networks, plus some long running ones like "Community".
"The Goldbergs" on ABC is a happy pickup for us, but the same network ABC cancelled "Super Fun Night" with Rebel Wilson, which we enjoyed.

Still, I wouldn't hold this one against Sarah. She was very much a co-star, and not THE STAR of it, and maybe even just an "also starring" to Williams. It started out well, but never repeated the ratings of the first week, which would've been high enough to keep it on.

It's tough to get the ratings needed to justify the budgets of the sitcom these days. Even the generally popular Fox animated series "Simpsons" and "Family Guy" each just received had their all-time lowest rated episode, (if I read the article right).
Lower budgets comedies like "Louie" on FX seem to be the future for them, and there won't be many on the bigger network television at this rate.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I see that her CBS sit-com with Robin Williams was just cancelled....

Now there's a surprise, not. Big Grin It was horrible.

I certainly agree that it's failure had nothing to do with SMG because it really was Robin Williams' show all the way, but she probably shouldn't have taken the job. Every episode I saw was just Williams mugging away, pretending to be so funny that the stupid characters and non-existant plots wouldn't matter to his fans.

Well, news flash, he doesn't have that many old fans anymore and his brand of comedy isn't going to attract any new ones.

SMG and Matthew Perry are running neck and neck to see how many shows they can get cancelled in the first year. Perry is coming back in September with The Odd Couple. I predict another early exit for him, it can't be done better than the original show and will suffer by comparison.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Christian Slater's forays in television keep getting cancelled quickly, too, and some of those have even been well-received critically.

Since Matthew Perry seems determined to have a TV series, I'm not sure why he doesn't just reprise his Chandler Bing character from "Friends" already. Couldn't be worse than "Joey" was.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Christian Slater's forays in television keep getting cancelled quickly, too, and some of those have even been well-received critically.

Since Matthew Perry seems determined to have a TV series, I'm not sure why he doesn't just reprise his Chandler Bing character from "Friends" already. Couldn't be worse than "Joey" was.

He'd probably love to do that except he'd need Courtney Cox to come back as I can't imagine fans would be too happy if they broke Monica and Chandler up lol.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They could just have her appear "off camera", like George Wendt's wife on "Cheers" and Niles' wife Marist on "Frasier".

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I'm actually kind of sorry to hear that Crazy Ones has been canceled. It needed some work done on it to be sure. I watched the pilot and thought it dreadful and yet kept coming back. My daughter and I termed it a guilty pleasure. We hated ourselves for liking it and yet, for all it's wrongness (the emo music that played when they were having a *moment*), it had some great entertainment value and giggles.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
I'm actually kind of sorry to hear that Crazy Ones has been canceled. It needed some work done on it to be sure. I watched the pilot and thought it dreadful and yet kept coming back. My daughter and I termed it a guilty pleasure. We hated ourselves for liking it and yet, for all it's wrongness (the emo music that played when they were having a *moment*), it had some great entertainment value and giggles.

I second that. I watched all episodes and laughed at least once for each one Big Grin

Any news on any other signers?
Does anyone know if they are doing costumes too?

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:

I second that. I watched all episodes and laughed at least once for each one Big Grin

Any news on any other signers?
Does anyone know if they are doing costumes too?

No other news yet Frown I guess it's a long way off till the set is released though.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good news. Inkworks is back and their first set will be for "The Crazy Ones". Details to follow...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good news. Inkworks is back and their first set will be for "The Crazy Ones". Details to follow...

LMAO Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

There was the one where, he was a secret agent who didn't know he was a secret agent, because secret agents set a trigger in his mind that sent him on a mission that in real life he didn't know about, where was this show going ? one day he discovers he was a secret agent all along ? were we all waiting for that moment ? or could we care less.