Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of a boxed set it may not be cheap but better and cheaper than opening cases hoping to find one.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I agree with Batman, I actually like the idea of a boxed set.
It would definitely save me on postage that's for sure, and knowing that I will be able to pull a SMG auto myself and not have to resort to buying it off of feebay makes me really happy.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many autos she ended up signing then. Weren't there also 2 different designs?

It feels like they had trouble getting many autos for the set and therefore decided to make it a smaller release. I can't imagine there will be too many other autos in the set if they are also including sketches as well.

I guess it depends on how many SMG autos there are to determine what the price point will be for the set. I imagine $399.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I think the key thing here is that there is an opportunity to have a SMG auto for all of us who collected this series for years. I don't really care if there are 250 or 1000 I hope I can just add one to my collection.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
To me it seems fairly intentional not having many autos, considering they said the autos will only be of people who have not signed before.

I didn't realise there are going to be two versions of SMG autos, Rittenhouse has only shown one (early seasons Buffy) so far right? maybe the second one will be of the latter seasons.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I never saw or heard mention of 2 different designs by anyone from Rittenhouse.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Must be my mistake. I thought it was mentioned somewhere that there was a full bleed and a non full bleed, but it must have been something else.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Must be my mistake. I thought it was mentioned somewhere that there was a full bleed and a non full bleed, but it must have been something else.

You never know, just because mention hasn't been made doesn't mean it might not happen. I've asked Steve about and we'll see if I get response. I'm quite sure I'm in the minority but I'm not a fan of multiple autograph designs.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I'm quite sure I'm in the minority but I'm not a fan of multiple autograph designs.

No you are definitely not, I don't particularly like them either.
Big reason I'm not interested in collecting master sets any more.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Release date has officially been announced:

• Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Ultimate Collector's Set (02/25/15)

I can't wait to see what exactly is in each set along with the price.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me too, I thought we would have heard more by now considering it is just over a month away, I don't know what or how much to order until I know what the set consists of.
And does that mean that we aren't likely to have any promos for this set with the release so soon?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:

Me too, I thought we would have heard more by now considering it is just over a month away, I don't know what or how much to order until I know what the set consists of.
And does that mean that we aren't likely to have any promos for this set with the release so soon?

I could be wrong, but I can't help but think that the handling of this Buffy set since it was first announced has been very uncharacteristic of RA and something must have happened to change directions.

Since each set will have a SMG autograph in it, there can be no more sets than the number of autographs she gave them. So how many is that going to be? Normally I'd guess 100 - 200 tops, and that would be pretty generous for a traditional release. As this will be a premium boxed set release I would hope they have a lot more of her autograph cards than that or else this might be the most limited product on a popular title yet. And I can't really see how that makes any sense when you probably have enough demand to sell as much as you can make.

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse is very late with the information on this set. All we know for sure is there's a SMG auto and there will be sketches. No idea on how many cards are going to be in this boxed set. If SMG only signed 200 autos, it might not be too easy to come by. I feel this is something you will need to buy on release as they will quickly dry up and become very expensive to aquire down the line.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Rittenhouse is very late with the information on this set. All we know for sure is there's a SMG auto and there will be sketches. No idea on how many cards are going to be in this boxed set. If SMG only signed 200 autos, it might not be too easy to come by. I feel this is something you will need to buy on release as they will quickly dry up and become very expensive to aquire down the line.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. And if she didn't sign many that means allocations, I hope there will be enough to go around.

Crazy thing is, when I first saw an update, I got excited thinking it was more info on the set. Twak Big Grin
This is the first set in a long time to get me really excited about the hobby again.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
In the Preview 2015 section of the February/March NSU there is a photo of RA's SMG autograph card. I can't say if it is a mock-up or if it is an actual card, but assuming it's the true card, the signature is complete and the card is quite good looking.

Now for many years I have made a few statements in these threads that there would come a time when SMG would officially sign for Buffy. You can look it up. She has been a very tough autograph, but it was just a matter of time before she agreed to someone's product.

Now I'll make another prediction. This is not the last helicopter out of Nam. Having signed once, she will sooner or later sign again, possibly often. She is still young, but Buffy may well be her legacy character. I'm very interested in seeing the price on this set. I like the card and would like to pick it up. However if it comes out for a king's ransom, as some have, I don't for a minute believe it will be the last chance to get her certified autograph. Wink

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The actual card was on display at the Rittenhouse Archives tables at the Fall Philly Show.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I never collected the Inkworks cards but admired them from afar as a fan of the show when it first aired. I'm really looking forward to seeing what this collectors set will yield. It does seem a bit strange how limited the information on this release has been.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This was just posted by Steve Charendoff on the RA boards:

"Hi, guys. We are simply waiting for the sketch cards to be approved by the studio. This process is not as simple as we'd like it to be, and there have been many unforeseen delays. Once we have these cards approved, and we then know how many sketches we have to work with, we will finalize the Buffy set. Regardless of what happens with the sketches, each set will include a SMG autograph card. All I can ask is that you be patient as we wait for the sketches to be approved. I'm as eager as you are to get that done. Can't wait to move ahead on this."

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm not condoning unlicensed sets here but when you see all the trouble people have and all the hoops they have to jump through because they try and do the right thing you can understand people getting tempted.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
So are we expecting the SMG auto to be the only auto in the set? They are waiting for the sketches to be approved however that doesn't stop them from releasing the auto list surely?