Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
No iss man just like to clarify stuff.

No prob... I was just trying to clear it up as well.

I did not want people to think I was posting wrong pics.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Justice41 - this Willow sketch is beautiful!

Yes. may have to touch up the lips a bit. not quite right

Was that the Willow sketch you mentioned the RA returned to you?

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just sharing my first 2 Buffy return cards for sale.
message me if interested.

Posts: 25 | Location: California | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

A Very Nice Javier Sketch is up on eBay starting @ $429..... This isn't one of mine.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Really love the new batch of sketches showing up. Still surprised by the lack of Tara/Amber Benson sketches, or moreso any sketches of her and Willow together - I assumed that would be a popular thing for artists (particularly from the "Once More, With Feeling" song routine) but I've only seen one of Willow and Oz.

The likeness to Alyson on Roy's is astounding! (Although if I'm honest the make-up and clothes remind me a bit more of her HIMYM Lily character than Willow. Not a bad thing by any stretch mind!)

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
Really love the new batch of sketches showing up. Still surprised by the lack of Tara/Amber Benson sketches, or moreso any sketches of her and Willow together - I assumed that would be a popular thing for artists (particularly from the "Once More, With Feeling" song routine) but I've only seen one of Willow and Oz.

The likeness to Alyson on Roy's is astounding! (Although if I'm honest the make-up and clothes remind me a bit more of her HIMYM Lily character than Willow. Not a bad thing by any stretch mind!)

There is ONLY ONE Sketch from "ONCE MORE, WITH FEELING"

I've been Told by some of the Artists This Character wasn't on the List of Characters to Do.

Some are Surprised this one made it through the Approval Process.....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I love that Sweet. That aura around him in particular - is that pastel? Does anyone know how that was achieved? I always assumed pastel would be a difficult thing to use in sketch cards but I can't think what else it is. But I would think that if Willow as a character at least was approved then she wouldn't have been restricted to any episodes - is this correct? I used to customise action figures (I know, incredibly geeky, but I am now used to painting these characters in detail a lot at least) and "Once More, With Feeling" was very, very, insanely popular with Buffy customisers. A very iconic episode and the costumes, particularly Willow and Tara like I mentioned, just seemed a little 'out of the ordinary' and visually appealed a bit more.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
I love that Sweet. That aura around him in particular - is that pastel? Does anyone know how that was achieved? I always assumed pastel would be a difficult thing to use in sketch cards but I can't think what else it is. But I would think that if Willow as a character at least was approved then she wouldn't have been restricted to any episodes - is this correct? I used to customise action figures (I know, incredibly geeky, but I am now used to painting these characters in detail a lot at least) and "Once More, With Feeling" was very, very, insanely popular with Buffy customisers. A very iconic episode and the costumes, particularly Willow and Tara like I mentioned, just seemed a little 'out of the ordinary' and visually appealed a bit more.

It's airbrush, probably acrylics..

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Oh, 'sweet'! I never used one of those, so I had no idea. 50% of the time I look at sketch cards and think "what the heck is that made with?" so it's really nice to learn these things, and the process. Cheers Smile

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Opened up 2 more.

Tara/Ingrid Hardy
Faith/Chris Meeks

Posts: 7 | Location: Milwaukee | Registered: April 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longroad45:
Opened up 2 more.

Tara/Ingrid Hardy
Faith/Chris Meeks

Hope you Don't mind , but I added these to my Facebook Buffy Incentive Album ... https://www.facebook.com/media...4151563084890&type=1
Let Me know if your looking to Trade or Anything.......

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Opened up 2 more.

Tara/Ingrid Hardy
Faith/Chris Meeks

Thank you for sharing Longroad, congrats.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Opened up 2 more.

Tara/Ingrid Hardy
Faith/Chris Meeks

Is that first one Tara ? It looks more like Drusilla to me. Might be my eyesight, it's not what it used to be Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
At first glance I took it to be a young Willow. The mouth seems different.

So if it's Tara, that's the first one of that character posted.

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

Here she is before being cut down & put in toploader w/ RA Gold Seal

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
To be honest I saw more Willow immediately too, it's the smile.

If anything it reminds me more of the pose and smile from this Willow image:

That comes from an Angel Season 4 episode, "Orpheus", rather than a Buffy episode which itself is also interesting.

Maybe it's just me but the pose and expression at least seem there? Confused

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was under the impression it was Tara. Any help would be appreciated!

Posts: 7 | Location: Milwaukee | Registered: April 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Did a bit more sleuthing. Pretty sure it's Willow, but with less of a prominent widow's peak. Smile Looks like the jacket matches up with the sketched lines at the bottom of the uncut sketch as well! I think it is the hairline that throws it a little.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Did Ingrid Hardy say who the Sketch is of?

Did she post anything about it?

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I let you know as soon as I hear.........
I'm leaning more to Willow myself.....