Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 73
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse: New Buffy Set: Sarah Michelle Gellar to sign.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
Just curious... What do you think the value is of a Sketch card that Features Buffy?

I know most will say that the value is based on what people are willing to pay for it...

But, I would like to see what people think since there are not many Sketch cards of Buffy and she is the main character.

Thanks...

I am sure any sketch that has Buffy herself as the subject has to get a premium. What that means exactly depends on quality and artist recognition. Since we don't seem to have any actual sales prices yet, just inflated BINs to go by, I won't try to guess the ranges.

How do you know that there are not many Buffy sketches out there? The sample that we have seen is very small and the pool is estimated at around 100, but there are also an unknown number of artist proofs apparently. If other characters were not approved, isn't it possible that Buffy was one of the more repeated subjects?

I am not completely sure about how many Sketch Cards of Buffy were released... someone said that Steve from RA said there were 5 of Buffy herself... I will look into that...

Now with Artists proofs, would they be considered part of the set or they would just be sketch cards with blank backs?

I would assume there are a lot of Buffy Sketches that did not make the cut... But would they be as valuable as the Sketch Cards that are in the set?

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All cards have to be approved at the same time so if someone has a SMG AP it's part of the batch of approved cards and was picked by the artists as their AP/AR. So if Desbois has one and the steve guy is claiming 5 then probably six total SMG sketch cards. I never even drew any, well not exactly I drew 2 and started coloring one but got an email saying we shouldn't bother drawing her or Angel just to be safe from possible rejection. I did finish my one SMG card but not for any use just to finish it and sent back the other one as I had already sprayed fixative on the pencils and it couldn't be erased

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
All cards have to be approved at the same time so if someone has a SMG AP it's part of the batch of approved cards and was picked by the artists as their AP/AR. So if Desbois has one and the steve guy is claiming 5 then probably six total SMG sketch cards. I never even drew any, well not exactly I drew 2 and started coloring one but got an email saying we shouldn't bother drawing her or Angel just to be safe from possible rejection. I did finish my one SMG card but not for any use just to finish it and sent back the other one as I had already sprayed fixative on the pencils and it couldn't be erased

OK... So the Artist would keep the AP and they would never send it to the card company?

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK... So the Artist would keep the AP and they would never send it to the card company?

No - they send them all in but state which 1 they want back

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Buffy sketches, here's what I'm thinking . . .

Let's say that there are only 6 sketches of Buffy. Let's assume to make it even that there are only 100 sketches released. That is a ratio of 6% of all sketches. Now unquestionably that is a very small number and everyone would want that principal subject, but by ratio Buffy could be in the higher percentages.

There are only 100 some odd sketches and there are dozens of potential subjects, only a few of which we have seen. Maybe there are only 4 Darlas, or 3 Faiths or 1 Glory. All of them would then be a lower percentage per subject than Buffy. Maybe there are 20 Spikes and that character would be the most common.

It would be good to know and I hope RA might come out sometime and do a breakdown since it will be hard to compile a list from only the sketches that get scanned by someone.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

All Depends, I still have my AP's at home unfinished, un approved. Most will send all cards back but will separate their AP/AR choices. Their Choices can still be rejected. No guarantee there. But if not Then RA will cut them down or not and add a sticker to the Backs designating them as Artists Returns. Normally we have blank Artists proofs sent to us By RA with our names taped on the backs and the words artists proofs printed along with everything else on the fronts and backs.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

All Depends, I still have my AP's at home unfinished, un approved. Most will send all cards back but will separate their AP/AR choices. Their Choices can still be rejected. No guarantee there. But if not Then RA will cut them down or not and add a sticker to the Backs designating them as Artists Returns. Normally we have blank Artists proofs sent to us By RA with our names taped on the backs and the words artists proofs printed along with everything else on the fronts and backs.

Thank you for the info... I appreciate it.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Regarding the Buffy sketches, here's what I'm thinking . . .

Let's say that there are only 6 sketches of Buffy. Let's assume to make it even that there are only 100 sketches released. That is a ratio of 6% of all sketches. Now unquestionably that is a very small number and everyone would want that principal subject, but by ratio Buffy could be in the higher percentages.

There are only 100 some odd sketches and there are dozens of potential subjects, only a few of which we have seen. Maybe there are only 4 Darlas, or 3 Faiths or 1 Glory. All of them would then be a lower percentage per subject than Buffy. Maybe there are 20 Spikes and that character would be the most common.

It would be good to know and I hope RA might come out sometime and do a breakdown since it will be hard to compile a list from only the sketches that get scanned by someone.

That is what I am trying to figure out... Hopefully we will know someday.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

No - they send them all in but state which 1 they want back

OK... thanks for the info.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Just curious... What do you think the value is of a Sketch card that Features Buffy?

I know most will say that the value is based on what people are willing to pay for it...

But, I would like to see what people think since there are not many Sketch cards of Buffy and she is the main character.

Thanks...

I am sure any sketch that has Buffy herself as the subject has to get a premium. What that means exactly depends on quality and artist recognition. Since we don't seem to have any actual sales prices yet, just inflated BINs to go by, I won't try to guess the ranges.

How do you know that there are not many Buffy sketches out there? The sample that we have seen is very small and the pool is estimated at around 100, but there are also an unknown number of artist proofs apparently. If other characters were not approved, isn't it possible that Buffy was one of the more repeated subjects?

I contacted Steve from RA and he says he does not know the exact number, but maybe between 5 to 8 Sketches of Buffy or with Buffy were approved.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tim Shay has shown a few more of the Buffy sketches he did:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The David Desbois Buffy & Angel sketch that was on eBay just sold for $1500. Before these were released I too was also wondering how much a Desbois Buffy (character) sketch would be worth. I know his sketches always go for top dollar so couple that with the rarity of these and the popularity of the character and I was thinking around $1500. As far as other artists who may have drawn Buffy, I have no idea what those would be worth. I'm not a sketch collector so I don't know what other artists' cards usually go for. David Desbois though is my favorite artist so if I was going to pay that kind of money it would only be for a sketch done by him.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
....and the David Desbois Faith sketch just sold also. It went for $600.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
The David Desbois Buffy & Angel sketch that was on eBay just sold for $1500. Before these were released I too was also wondering how much a Desbois Buffy (character) sketch would be worth. I know his sketches always go for top dollar so couple that with the rarity of these and the popularity of the character and I was thinking around $1500. As far as other artists who may have drawn Buffy, I have no idea what those would be worth. I'm not a sketch collector so I don't know what other artists' cards usually go for. David Desbois though is my favorite artist so if I was going to pay that kind of money it would only be for a sketch done by him.

David does some incredible work... He is Amazing!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:

David does some incredible work...

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

David does some incredible work...

thanks guys, that's a lot of money
I wonder who's the buyer

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

Given the quality of the sketch, the artist and the subject, I would consider that to be a reasonable price for the very best of them. Maybe a comparable Buffy sketch should fetch a little more, but I have to think that anyone going near 4 figures on any sketch is just overpaying.

Not trying to sound judgemental, if you have the money and you want to pay it that's fine. I was just talking in terms of how much you might expect one of these sketches to increase in value. Obviously when you are buying at a lower price there is more room to maybe grow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Given the quality of the sketch, the artist and the subject, I would consider that to be a reasonable price for the very best of them. Maybe a comparable Buffy sketch should fetch a little more, but I have to think that anyone going near 4 figures on any sketch is just overpaying.

Not trying to sound judgemental, if you have the money and you want to pay it that's fine. I was just talking in terms of how much you might expect one of these sketches to increase in value. Obviously when you are buying at a lower price there is more room to maybe grow.

So do you think the Buffy & Angel sketch for $1500 is overpriced?

David's work is always amazing, but I think because of the subject matter these shine just a bit more for me.

On a completely different note, how do you see best offers anymore? Ever since ebay changed their format I haven't been able to work that out.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
According to the FB page that MarcG linked us to, they are saying 3 sketches of Buffy have been sold.
Does anyone know which ones they're talking about? I guessing one of them is the Buffy & Angel Desbois sketch, but which other ones of Buffy?

So if there really are only 5 - 8 sketches of Buffy herself alone or with someone, that would have to make them go for a huge premium, no?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

On a completely different note, how do you see best offers anymore? Ever since ebay changed their format I haven't been able to work that out.

I use a site called www.watchcount.com. You plug the eBay item # into the "Keywords" box, then click "Show Me What's Most Popular!". When the item is displayed go to where it says "Sold For" and click on "also check price here on eBay". It boots up the eBay page showing what best offer was accepted. I don't know if there's an easier way to do it anymore.